Page 320 of 370 FirstFirst ... 220 270 310 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 330 ... LastLast
Results 4,786 to 4,800 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Anybody else optimistic for a career year from McDavid? If he gets in 80+ games I'm thinking 150+pts

Dobber Sports Initiate

I wouldnt doubt that McDavid could show the world that he's a top 5 player of all-time
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Anybody else optimistic for a career year from McDavid? If he gets in 80+ games I'm thinking 150+pts
    considering he paced for 153 last year, I certainly think that is possible. Sounds crazy that someone could do that, but based on last year's performance, it isn't for him.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

I think pulji might surprise even more than people are expecting. He was an enormous talent in his draft year and the big boys tend to take a little longer. Topline with mcd and pp1- the sky really is the limit. I'm calling ppg with 30 goals!

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think he reaches 150, i think schedule will be more difficult in terms of travel, he will play many more defensive teams that will shut him down to certain extend. I personally think he just had a carrier year in terms of points per game.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i dont think he reaches 150, i think schedule will be more difficult in terms of travel, he will play many more defensive teams that will shut him down to certain extend. I personally think he just had a carrier year in terms of points per game.
    This should be offset by an even more potent Oiler's PP and the hope that the NHL actually start calling the penalties they are suppose to call. Oilers have the potential to be the #1 offensive team in the league and McDavid will probably be the biggest driver/beneficiary of this.

Dobber Sports Icon

McDavid will average 2 points per game this season. If he plays every game, he will be over 160 points.

The Oilers forwards are the best they have had in a long time but their defensemen are the worst they have been in a long time as well. It's a gamble that Holland took and I doubt it will pay off. The good thing is that there are always older top 4 dmen available at the trade deadline. For the Oilers sake, hopefully, Holland realizes that is what the team needs and gets a deal done. The problem is that the Oilers don't really have any assets to move to acquire that. Maybe one of the "prospect" dmen emerge as a top 4 dman to end the year.

Their goaltending should be league average. Smith will be worse than last year while Koskinen will be better.

Dobber Sports Icon

Oiler fans - interested in your thoughts about Mike Smith and Yamamoto for this year, and initial impressions based on last night. I listened to the 3rd period on audio and saw some highlights, sounds like Smith was awesome except for that weird late Canucks goal, including in the OT. Yamamoto didn't seem like he was mentioned at all.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

I didnt watch the whole game but I did listen to a couple podcasts this morning from a few Oiler faithful to fill me in on what I missed at the end.

Smith last night was solid again. That goal from Hughes was definitely a weird one. I did see the highlights on it and it appears as if Smith was almost expecting a pass there and cheated a bit to give up the short side. None the less, if Smith plays like that all year long, the goaltending will not be an issue.

Yamamoto played a solid two way game. He was excellent on the PK and the 2nd line of Hyman-RNH-Yamamoto looked to be the best line line for the Oilers though out the game. They drove the possession and created a lot more chances than they gave up. It's hard to say how he will do offensively. I'd be modest and hope for 50pts but considering he rarely sees PP time (PP1 plays most of the time), that could be optimistic.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I didnt watch the whole game but I did listen to a couple podcasts this morning from a few Oiler faithful to fill me in on what I missed at the end.

Smith last night was solid again. That goal from Hughes was definitely a weird one. I did see the highlights on it and it appears as if Smith was almost expecting a pass there and cheated a bit to give up the short side. None the less, if Smith plays like that all year long, the goaltending will not be an issue.

Yamamoto played a solid two way game. He was excellent on the PK and the 2nd line of Hyman-RNH-Yamamoto looked to be the best line line for the Oilers though out the game. They drove the possession and created a lot more chances than they gave up. It's hard to say how he will do offensively. I'd be modest and hope for 50pts but considering he rarely sees PP time (PP1 plays most of the time), that could be optimistic.
    Thank you Axe!

Yamamoto not getting PP time is of course the one thing that will hold him back to getting back to that magical PPG pace from a couple years ago. But I was also very surprised that he (as far as I know) didn't get any TOI in the OT period. You would think a quick and skilled forward like him would be perfect for 3 on 3. Any thoughts?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Deity

That doesnt surprise me that he didnt get on much for the OT. The Oilers will keep McDavid and Draisaitl out there for most of it and RNH will spell them off with Puljujarvi on his wing as needed. I dont disagree that his speed is an asset but that should tell you how confident Tippett is in his offensive abilities. Tip keeps a really short bench in OT.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Evan Bouchard making leaps and bounds in his play this year. Barrie is tripping over his own d!ck.

Dobber Sports Titan

Has Jesse Puljujarvi played well or has he just been playing with his stick down on McDavid's wing?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Has Jesse Puljujarvi played well or has he just been playing with his stick down on McDavid's wing?
    He's been good for sure.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He's been good for sure.
    Takes talent to play with talent I guess right?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll