Page 271 of 370 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 281 321 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Pre-emptively bitching about a contract that has not been signed yet accomplishes what?
    First day in a hockey forum?

Administrator

Bitching about pre-emptively bitching about a contract that has not been signed yet accomplishes what?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Bitching about pre-emptively bitching about a contract that has not been signed yet accomplishes what?
    Accomplishes about as much as your snotty little retort just did.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Accomplishes about as much as your snotty little retort just did.
    The sensitivity is strong in this one!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The sensitivity is strong in this one!
    Then I'll let you humbly back down from this one.

Administrator

The Kassian situation reminds me of the Draymond Green quote about there being 82-game players and 16-game players. I think we've all seen that the physicality does jump in the playoffs and that large humans tend to thrive in spring hockey. Kassian fits the bill and had some huge moments in the last playoff run, hell so did Lucic even as he was turning into a corpse. We can all see that he's a depth guy getting propped up by favourable deployment in a contract year, and that he's headed towards the precipice where guys tend to decline steeply.

Kassian could certainly earn his money in the playoffs if they can ever get back there. It's just a wonder if there aren't still too many blemishes on the Oilers' books to be paying full price for a guy who won't really earn his money until the playoff games that they may not be good enough to get to play.

I can only hope that the numbers getting leaked out have a similar effect on Kassian's AAV as did when the numbers got out on McDavid's contract. Irrational, but still a hope.

Sometimes I hate the cap system though. We really shouldn't be up in arms over paying a guy I think we all want to see continue playing for the Oilers for years to come.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

What a fantastic stretch of games for the Oilers, beating the Blues and splitting a couple of wicked good "old school" matches with a tough Calgary team. Entertaining as heck and it give me hope that the Oil can make it to the playoffs. Looks like some of the depth players are bringing their games up, Josh Archibald, Sam Gagner, Gaetan Haas and Yamamoto has been just what the doctor ordered for the second line. I'm just feeling some positive vibes from the team and hope they can run with it until the end of the season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    What a fantastic stretch of games for the Oilers, beating the Blues and splitting a couple of wicked good "old school" matches with a tough Calgary team. Entertaining as heck and it give me hope that the Oil can make it to the playoffs. Looks like some of the depth players are bringing their games up, Josh Archibald, Sam Gagner, Gaetan Haas and Yamamoto has been just what the doctor ordered for the second line. I'm just feeling some positive vibes from the team and hope they can run with it until the end of the season.
    How's about the fact that there's a very good chance both CGY and EDM make the playoffs and meet in the first round :P Jesus that would be a bloodbath given the way things have been escalating.

Honestly I'd love to just see a Canadian matchup in the Pacific, but maybe WPG gets their shit together and we get two. The fact that the Pacific could realistically send 4 Canadian teams to the playoffs... I swear to god you could drown a toddler in my panties right now.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    How's about the fact that there's a very good chance both CGY and EDM make the playoffs and meet in the first round :P Jesus that would be a bloodbath given the way things have been escalating.

Honestly I'd love to just see a Canadian matchup in the Pacific, but maybe WPG gets their shit together and we get two. The fact that the Pacific could realistically send 4 Canadian teams to the playoffs... I swear to god you could drown a toddler in my panties right now.
    Thanks for that visual haha.

Just wanted to point out that WPG is actually in the Central (but you're right they could line up as the Pacific WC). It would be awesome to see some Canadian matchups, but that has the counterpoint of ensuring one of the two doesn't make it to round 2.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Just been fun to watch. Yamamoto has been such a wonderful addition that changed a lot of how the team can roll lines now. Just need a better winger for Connor.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im curious to see how they deploy Tyler Benson, if he gets into a game.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Chris Jones should have won MVP, they just don't ever give that award to an IDL

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Chris Jones should have won MVP, they just don't ever give that award to an IDL
    Wrong thread LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im curious to see how they deploy Tyler Benson, if he gets into a game.
    He was swapping in and out with Khaira in practice.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Wrong thread LOL
    No I mean Chris, Caleb and Seth's younger brother, he should be MVP of the Junior AAA West Stars.

Fck lol.