Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 248 249 250 251 252 253
Results 3,781 to 3,788 of 3788

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I'm also fine with tippett. I'll say this though, hitch is as defensively minded as coaches come. Maybe he's not the best player coach but I think the teams overall ability defensively is more to blame than the coach.

The NHL is interesting though because the teams are so close these days, I could see this team finishing in the bottom five or making the playoffs next season. Really getting hard to predict.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid N. Kucherov

Defense:

Goalie:

IR (2 max):

2017 league champ
    2018 league champ
    2019 league champ

The Magnificent One

I just can't get excited about anything regarding the Oilers right now. I mean, we have two 100 pt players on the roster, a new GM and a new coach, yet I can't get excited. I want to, I really do, but I'm so tired of disappointment. I remember being excited when Chiarelli and McLellan were hired, but that didn't work out so well.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: N. Kucherov, E. Lindholm, B. Point, K. Connor, G. Landeskog, Forsberg
    Defense: S. Gostisbehere, M. Heiskanen, O. Ekman-Larsson, TBD
    Goalie: D. Rittich, P. Grubauer, S. Varlamov

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I just can't get excited about anything regarding the Oilers right now. I mean, we have two 100 pt players on the roster, a new GM and a new coach, yet I can't get excited. I want to, I really do, but I'm so tired of disappointment. I remember being excited when Chiarelli and McLellan were hired too.
    I'm with you. I remember being very hyped that we "finally had an experienced and competent GM and Coach". I will continue to cheer for the team and hope for the best but at this point I just expect the worst...
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: S. Crosby, A. Kopitar, M. Granlund(MIN), T. Johnson (LW, RW)
    LW: J. Vrana (C), A. Lee (C), K. Kapanen, A. Athanasiou (RW, C)
    RW: S. Aho (Caronlina)(C), V. Arvidsson, T. Wilson, J. Williams, R. Dzingel (LW, C)
    D: PK Subban D. Hamilton, R. McDonagh, J. Spurgeon
    G: D. Dubnyk, M. Murray, T. Greiss

Administrator

It's the same problem as pre-McDavid. They have their high 1st round picks who (mostly) do well and everything else is garbage. This year their fourth-best forward (after the big three) was Chiasson at 38 points. Fifth-best was Kassian at 26. Two 100-point players and the team finished 20th in scoring. Not good.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

An interesting read about Tippett and his coaching style, should he end up being the coach of the Oilers.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...wh3P72-eQupQ8Y

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Frolik, RThomas, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Bjorkstrand, Point, Konecny, MBacklund, NSchmaltz

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hart

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

If the price is right, why not. Cant be any worse than what's already there.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...v1hMw9u0jdeOiE

According to Kurt Leavins of the Edmonton Journal, the Oilers "have an eye on" German forward Frederik Tiffels after his performance at the world hockey championship.

Tiffels impressed the Oilers as he scored two goals and posted four points in eight games at the worlds, his third straight year attending the tournament. He played alongside Oilers top forward Leon Draisaitl, who could convince him to sign in Edmonton.

Back in 2015, Tiffels was selected in the sixth round, 167th overall by the Pittsburgh Penguins. He spent 12 games with the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in 2017-18 and 44 with the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers, but has yet to play a contest in the NHL.

In the summer of 2018, he ended up getting waived by the Pens and spent this year with Kölner Haie of the German Hockey League. In 27 games with Kolner, the 24-year-old posted six goals and 22 points while adding four goals and nine points in 11 playoff games.

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Frolik, RThomas, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Bjorkstrand, Point, Konecny, MBacklund, NSchmaltz

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Magnificent One

why not...I have no idea if this kid or Nygard are going to be impact players in the NHL, but at this point we have nothing to lose by trying something a little different. Obviously we haven't been able to draft some depth scoring, we haven't been able to acquire any via trade, and we've struck out via Free Agency.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: N. Kucherov, E. Lindholm, B. Point, K. Connor, G. Landeskog, Forsberg
    Defense: S. Gostisbehere, M. Heiskanen, O. Ekman-Larsson, TBD
    Goalie: D. Rittich, P. Grubauer, S. Varlamov

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not to mention, if its a stop gap to give the kids in the AHL more time. why not.