Page 251 of 370 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 261 301 351 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I would grab that job in a flash! And so would you and anyone else posting on a fantasy hockey forum...
    Nope, sorry. Wouldn't be interested in it even a tiny bit.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Nope, sorry. Wouldn't be interested in it even a tiny bit.
    Shortsighted. Even if you only got one or two years and never had the opportunity to work in the league again (which, lets be honest, with the rampant nepotism of the league once you're in, you're in), the salary of being a GM would fundamentally change your income stature for the rest of your life, unless you're already making in the 7 figure range, which I doubt many in this forum are.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd take the job in a heartbeat. And as a Flames mole embedded deep in the organization, I would sabotage it so they forever remain lottery contenders...oh wait....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I'd take the job in a heartbeat. And as a Flames mole embedded deep in the organization, I would sabotage it so they forever remain lottery contenders...oh wait....
    Already been done, see Risebrough, Doug (hired in 1996 as Oilers VP of Hockey Ops)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

If the Oilers would have lost on Saturday, they would have been 6th in the standings and been in a position to take Hughes or Kakko. Delightful.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Odds are Byram doesn't make it to #8... What oh what will this team do at #8??
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Best player available, same as any other first round pick!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I guess it depends on who goes at 6 and 7 I guess. I think the top 5 are pretty secure. Hughes, Kakko, Byram, Podkolzin, Cozens are going top five in some order. After that, I've seen various mocks that see the Oilers getting someone like Turcotte, Krebs, Dach, and Zegras. No shortage of quality centers available. They don't really need a center today but that doesn't mean one of them can't shift to the wing.

Maybe the surprise and take a D like Soderstrom or Broberg. No matter who they take, it still looks like an excellent player.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Shortsighted. Even if you only got one or two years and never had the opportunity to work in the league again (which, lets be honest, with the rampant nepotism of the league once you're in, you're in), the salary of being a GM would fundamentally change your income stature for the rest of your life, unless you're already making in the 7 figure range, which I doubt many in this forum are.
    There's lots of degrading things a person can do for money. Being the GM of a Katz owned hockey team is just one of them. I guess we all have our line!

The Great One

If I was offered the job of Oilers GM, I'd turn it down, unless it came with a guaranteed contract or huge signing bonus. I say that because they'd fire me within a week of hiring me because I'd have no idea how to do the job!

I can certainly be an armchair GM and complain about how bad the Oilers are and say they should trade this player for that player, etc., but truthfully I have no idea how to manage a salary cap, negotiate a player contract, etc. I'd be completely lost (despite my proficiency as a fantasy hockey GM!).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    but truthfully I have no idea how to manage a salary cap, negotiate a player contract, etc.
    I didn't know Chiarelli was on the forums.

Ha! Nepotism is the best.

Dobber Sports Deity

Pretty much the way of the world wouldn't you say?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

John Shannon✔@JSportsnet

Ken Hitchcock will not return behind the Oilers' bench.
    Search for replacement begins now.

The Great One

What connection does Holland have to someone in the Oilers?
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98