Page 281 of 370 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 291 331 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Safe to say, if this does happen, this will be his last opportunity to play in Edmonton, either from his side or Edmontons. Will be interesting to see how this plays out and where Tippett thinks he can fit into the lineup.

https://twitter.com/puck_report2/sta...45527497474053
    All it took was me going on vacation. Well, hopefully he can follow through on some of that initial potential!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Excellent!

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...53686685618177

The Edmonton Oilers have loaned defenceman Evan Bouchard to Sodertalje SK in the HockeyAllsvenskan, Sweden’s second-tier pro league, for the beginning of the 2020-21 NHL season.
    https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...47392293400577

The #Oilers have loaned forward Gaetan Haas to SC Bern of the Swiss National League for the beginning of the 2020-21 season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber Sports Veteran

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC

One situation EDM is monitoring: Oscar Klefbom is weighing options to deal with injuries from last season. One of the possibilities is surgery that could keep him out long-term (obviously, we don’t know when next season will begin). His absence would need to be addressed.

The Great One

seems like a good year to get surgery, given the delayed start to the season

not sure why the decision wasn't made as soon as the Oilers were eliminated
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

There's tons of rumors going around about the Oilers chasing OEL and quite possibly Mrazek as well.

Neither surprise me as they would love to have OEL but not with that contract. He would be a horse back there for the Oilers but he's just not worth that contract. This one really scares me.

Mrazek goes back to Hollands days and the Detroit connection I am sure. If the price was right, I'd be alright with it but I am not a big Mrazek fan by any means. Not sure he's much of an upgrade to Smith.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    There's tons of rumors going around about the Oilers chasing OEL and quite possibly Mrazek as well.

Neither surprise me as they would love to have OEL but not with that contract. He would be a horse back there for the Oilers but he's just not worth that contract. This one really scares me.

Mrazek goes back to Hollands days and the Detroit connection I am sure. If the price was right, I'd be alright with it but I am not a big Mrazek fan by any means. Not sure he's much of an upgrade to Smith.
    Yeah I had heard of the OEL/Grabner <-> Nurse/Neal/1st stuff. Seems a little out there, and no idea what to think of it all. At this point I'm sort of numb to any changes for this team any more. Just along for the ride and hope whatever they do works.

Dobber Sports Deity

This sounds positive. Im all for locking up RNH long term.

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...72854279323652

Talks continue to progress between #Oilers and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on a long-term extension. Not done, and not close, but positive developments in last 24 hrs.

The Great One

Yep - very smart move on the Oilers part. Hopefully something works for both sides here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Kenny Holland is going to be a busy little boy this week I think. More rumors.

https://twitter.com/oilersaccess/sta...99060240248835

As reported last week, the #LetsGoOilers are engaged with the #NHLBruins in an Alex Chiasson for Anders Bjork deal once Jesse Puljujarvi is signed. Seravalli says the Oilers are also pursuing a number of similar left wing/right wing swaps with other teams.
    I'd be alright with a Chiasson for Bjork swap as long as it's straight up. Bjork just re-signed for three years at $1.6M per, but he really has yet to show any consistency at the NHL level. That being said, we do need LWers and there's an abundance of RWers on this roster.

Dobber Sports Titan

Looks like a good swap for EDM - I definitely prefer Bjork.

As for Nuge, my projections have him at $7.7 for his extension. I would say anywhere from $7-8M is what we should expect. Under $7.5M and it's solid value. $8M could get a little iffy.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wonder why the Chiasson/Bjork trade is contingent on Pulj.

Sounds like OEL is gonna bail Holland out.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Wonder why the Chiasson/Bjork trade is contingent on Pulj.

Sounds like OEL is gonna bail Holland out.
    Most likely due to having too many RW and not enough LW to even out the roster.

Dobber Sports Pro

Edmonton talk radio hearing rumblings that Klefbom's injury woes and pending major surgery options is triggering possible thoughts of retirement on Klefbom's part. Interesting to see where this goes, but rest assured that Holland will be needing to clarify quickly where Klefbom's head is at.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Edmonton talk radio hearing rumblings that Klefbom's injury woes and pending major surgery options is triggering possible thoughts of retirement on Klefbom's part. Interesting to see where this goes, but rest assured that Holland will be needing to clarify quickly where Klefbom's head is at.
    They were also talking about how they had to really lean on him to convince him to come back for the bubble playoffs. Definitely an unfortunate situation. Imagine, thinking your career may be over in the midst of your prime?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg