Page 268 of 370 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 278 318 368 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I have to give kudos to the Oilers for purging some of the dead weight that was clearly dragging them down... e.g. Lucic, Rieder, Talbot, etc.

On an unrelated topic, I just can't figure out why the Flames suck so bad.

p.s. I don't understand the love affair Oilers' fans have with Kassian. That guy is a grade A meathead coat-tailer. 28 years old, never more than 30 points in a season, and they'd have you believe he's a legit 1st liner. I don't get the love affair. And he's dirty dirty dirty. He's like Marchand without the skill.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I attended one of Kassian's first games as an Oiler and I booed him loudly at the time. Could not stand the guy and everything he stood for.

Now, that being said, Kassian as a person appears to have turned his life around and I can appreciate that, and so while I still think the way he played and behaved was disgusting, it's clear that enough time has passed to say that he has largely changed. I give kudos to him for that. He's very low on my 'I should get that jersey' list though.

I don't know any individual who thinks he's a legit first liner though. Anyone. At all.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not the biggest Kassian fan myself. My only argument for keeping him would be his grit/toughness or whatever you want to call it. You can argue he frees up some space for McDavid and Drai with the amount he hits and the other team having to be aware of him on the ice (in a completely different way than having to be aware of when McDavid is on the ice). Along the same lines, if there are ever any 'issues' on the ice when McDavid is out there it's nice to have Kassian on the ice.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Star

Yep I agree with MZac. Let's be real here; Kassian is never going to live up to the hype of being drafted 13th overall. He is a bit of a feel good story, though. He seems to have turned around his off ice issues, which is great. He is really good in the community; donates a lot of his time to charity work and whatnot. And he provides a certain level of toughness to the first line. Do I wish he had better hands? Yes. Do I think he is overachieving? Also yes. I will take it though. I have watched every Oiler game this year. Whatever he is doing, it's working as maybe the worst player on the best line in the world right now? How can you not be happy with that?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Veteran

When Kraft Hockeyville came to Vernon BC a couple years ago, we attended the Oilers practice . Kassian remained on the ice with a coach long after the practice concluded and everyone else had hit the showers. I was impressed to see how hard he was working .
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

The Great One

Puljujarvi ineligible for the rest of the season...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1854848
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Has Nygard lined up next to McDavid yet this season? I can't recall it.

Oilers at Minny:
    Nygard-McDavid-Kassian
    Draisaitl-RNH-Chiasson
    Neal-Haas-Gagner
    Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
    Klefbom-Larsson
    Russell-Jones

Smith

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Has Nygard lined up next to McDavid yet this season? I can't recall it.
    Yes, but only last game against CAR. Didn't look too bad either.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well there's the bottom falling out of the team. I think most of us knew this was coming. Now we see just how bad it's going to get like every year. Hope they can still make the playoffs just for fun, but we shall see.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Well there's the bottom falling out of the team. I think most of us knew this was coming. Now we see just how bad it's going to get like every year. Hope they can still make the playoffs just for fun, but we shall see.
    Agreed, this was expected. They need Smith to turn it around and Koskinen to be able to handle a larger load or to go out and find a new backup. Right around now is when Holland said they'd start to look at some call-ups, so I wonder if we see Benson and if he can add a little more scoring punch. Jones is up and I also wonder how they go about handling their D situation as there remains an opportunity to move one for a forward and not see a significant drop in play.

The Flames and Knights are surging back up to where we expected them to be so the Oilers aren't going to be able to coast along in a playoff spot much longer.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Bear looked terrible last night. Not good at all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not sure what's going on with Ethan Bear the past few weeks. He's gone from Calder discussion to a lost puppy, shift after shift. He looks terrible out there and Tippet keeps running him out with Nurse, who hasn't looked much better himself. Painful to watch.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I will say I enjoyed watching Max Domi twist Nurse up like a pretzel last night. It’s too bad the Habs can’t stop a cross ice pass or avoid odd man rushes. But really McDavid came out of nowhere right? Who knew he was so fast? It’d have been nice if they did a little homework and noticed when he was on the ice. He made Chairot look foolish and slow. As they say on the Underground...mind the gap!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yamamoto lined up with Nygard & Draisaitl this morning.
    Oiler practice today:

Neal-McDavid-Kassian
    Nygard-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
    Khaira-RNH-Gagner
    Sheahan-Haas-Archibald
    P. Russell/Chiasson

Klefbom-Bear
    Nurse-K.Russell
    Lagesson-Larsson
    Jones-Benning

Dobber Sports Rookie

Curious as to why benson hasn't had a real shot in the bigs yet. Yamo has skill, but couldn't stay healthy and still has got the body of a teenager. Maybe the speed of Kialer is what pushed him farther in hollands eyes, and maybe Benson's turn is yet to come this season. Still so many passengers on this team, wouldn't be surprised to see him soon if things are still going south.
    12 Team Dynasty
    Scoring
    -Goal(3), Assist(2), ShortHandedP(1), Blk(.5), HatTrick(1.5),
    -GoalsAgainst(-1), Sv(.2), SO(2), W(3)
    Forwards/Minor Forwards
    J.Huberdeau, L.Draisaitl, S.Aho, T.Teravainen, M.Stone, A.Athanasiou, J.Marchessault, K.Yamamoto, C.Garland, T.Burtuzzi, K.Kapanen, O.Palat, D.Strome, L.Kunin, T.Stutzle, K.Kakko, C.Glass, N.Hoglander, N.Robertson, J.Robertson, S.Jarvis, A.Texier, M.Boldy, H.Borgstrom, K.Simontaival, I.Nikolayev, M.Bourque
    Defense/Minor Defense
    R.Josi, T.Krug, K.Yandle, E.Lindell, J.Faulk, E.Bear J.Valimaki, T.Harley, I.Mitchell, H.Grans, D.Samorukov
    Goalies
    J.Binnington, K.Lankinen P.Mrazek, M.Blackwood, P.Francouz, U.Luukkonen