Page 239 of 370 FirstFirst ... 139 189 229 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 249 289 339 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    On Yamamoto or Rattie?
    Yammer. I am not a big believer in Rattie at the NHL level.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Yammer. I am not a big believer in Rattie at the NHL level.
    I think hes still a couple years out, and guys like Rattie are just filling holes until then. Once hes ready, look out. The Oilers are slowly developing some nice winters and Yamamoto is one of their best.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Yammo is doing his best to stay with the big boys. If he keeps it up I have a hard time seeing the Oilers sending him down even if he may not be physically ready for the NHL. If this does happen I could see Lucic being one of the most overpaid 3rd lines and a second of Tobias, Leon and Yamo. As well, Bear and Bouchard are really fighting it out for a d spot. So good to see some healthy competition in our camp for a change
    10 Team Yahoo Semi Keeper H2H Daily lineups (Keep 5 Vets & 5 Rookies), Play 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G daily

C-Giroux, Matthews (R), Petterson, Barzal (R)
    LW-Rakell
    RW-Tarasenko, Aho (R), Boser (R)
    D-Subban, Werenski (R)
    G-

Stats Counted:

G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, +/-, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PIM
    Wins, Saves, Goals Against, Shutouts

Rookies Eligible till 170 GP

Dobber Sports Master

Rattie and Yammo, no one reached for either player in our 10 team league draft; 270 total players. I was kinda surprised. I suppose neither are impressing enough. We also have a few guys who don't really know what they're doing.... and... we also have no waiver wire. So the picks mean a lot of investment for the year.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Veteran

How has Strome looked so far in camp/pre-season?
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports All-Star

I was looking at other teams in my league for a center and came across Draisaitl. I checked out his stats which aren't bad but not good for an $8.5 million player. 1 goal in 5 games. Early I know but he only has 5 shots on goal. Is something wrong with him other than the money?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with you that Draistatl is really hard to evaluate.

At 8.5M$, he is not a bargain but also not expensive (in the future his contract could be a really good one).
    He is only 22 years old and is pretty fast, I don't see a regression before 29-30 years old IMO

Does your league is multicat or points only?
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    I agree with you that Draistatl is really hard to evaluate.

At 8.5M$, he is not a bargain but also not expensive (in the future his contract could be a really good one).
    He is only 22 years old and is pretty fast, I don't see a regression before 29-30 years old IMO

Does your league is multicat or points only?
    Goals, assists and plus/minus. I know its really early but I was just surprised at his shot total. It tells me that he isn't very involved.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Goals, assists and plus/minus. I know its really early but I was just surprised at his shot total. It tells me that he isn't very involved.
    Yes, maybe it's just too early with only 4 games played.
    When the sample is going to be bigger, we will have a better idea.
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    What do Edmonton fans think of Jesse Pulj these days? I have him on my fantrax team, but we don't have many extra spots, so it's tough to wait on a guy like him. Any bold breakout predictions ?
    Surely, it's way too early to say another Yakupov, right ?
    I have him as well and although it is early, let's hope he isn't another Yak. Makes me want to Yak. I haven't caught much of any of the Oiler games but you would think that they would give him every opportunity to succeed considering the lack of depth on this team.

Dobber Sports Genius

Not an Oilers fan but live here so I hear and watch a lot of coverage. First off Draisatil will be fine and will get more involved it's really early. I look at him like a 75 point, 200 shot player. He's got room to grow but he's away from McDavid on even strength now and has been tasked to run his own line.

As for Pulj he's got the tools but just need to refine his game. He will continue to be on a short leash this season but has moved up to the 2nd line already. This year I don't expect a breakout, maybe 35ish points 10 to 15 goals. However with limited options and him being highly skilled, I expect him to be a staple in the top 6 next year and that's where I see the true breakout. He's no Yak, Yak was more proven at this point in his career. All kidding aside I think he's got too many tools to go Yak on us, mind you so did Valeri Nichushkin who has never taken a step forward. Still he's never gotten the opportunity and until he does I am not writing him off.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Not an Oilers fan but live here so I hear and watch a lot of coverage. First off Draisatil will be fine and will get more involved it's really early. I look at him like a 75 point, 200 shot player. He's got room to grow but he's away from McDavid on even strength now and has been tasked to run his own line.

As for Pulj he's got the tools but just need to refine his game. He will continue to be on a short leash this season but has moved up to the 2nd line already. This year I don't expect a breakout, maybe 35ish points 10 to 15 goals. However with limited options and him being highly skilled, I expect him to be a staple in the top 6 next year and that's where I see the true breakout. He's no Yak, Yak was more proven at this point in his career. All kidding aside I think he's got too many tools to go Yak on us, mind you so did Valeri Nichushkin who has never taken a step forward. Still he's never gotten the opportunity and until he does I am not writing him off.
    Thanks for the insight.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

I agree. Nice post.

I see a lot of raw physical tools for Pul, and even good hockey sense. I think he's a project but he might turn out to be a decent player. Perhaps not a superstar, but I can see why he was picked in the top half of the 1st round. Too early to say if #3 was justified.. But certainly the first round level of skill seems to be there.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

With Rattie injured Cooper Marody (9 pts in 8 AHL games) has been called up and it looks like he may slot in on the 3rd line with Strome and Lucic tonight. I've had him on my watch-list since the Oilers acquired him but don't know much about his game. Thoughts on him from anyone? If Yamamoto doesn't really click with McDavid immediately could Marody but next up for McDavid's flank?

from yesterday's practice
    RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
    Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujarvi
    Lucic-Strome-Marody
    Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian/Chiasson
    Caggiula

Klefbom-Larsson
    Nurse-Russell
    Gravel/Garrison-Bouchard

Dobber Sports Veteran

Great news for Canada's Junior team this year, bad news for teams in the OHL that aren't the Knights. Imagine if Tkachuk decided to play in London as well. Mother of god...

The Oilers have sent defenceman Evan Bouchard back to the London Knights (per Sam Cosentino).His maiden NHL stint ends at 7 games, 1-0-1, 2 PIMs and a minus-5.Not ready yet, but Bouchard will be an excellent Dman for a long, long time.