Page 307 of 370 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 317 357 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    I feel the frustration of Oiler fans, but if we take Holland at his word that a deal wasn't there then this is not the year to force the issue. One deal would not change the fact that the Oilers are 50/50 against the Jets in round 1, and are unlikely to come out of a 7 game matchup with the Leafs. They already don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year, so it means putting up the 1st for the sake of being done in the 2nd round with no pick until the 4th round. One deal doesn't shore up the bottom 6, add to the shallow D, and fix the shaky goaltending.
    Yep, sums it up.

And has been mentioned before, it's not like WPG did much to improve their glaring weakness on the back end.

People seem quick to assume Winnipeg will knock out the Oilers but Edmonton has won the H2H season series vs the Jets 6-3 so it's not like Winnipeg has handled Edmonton well this season. We'll see.

I'm also not ready to hand the Leafs their 1st round matchup vs the Habs either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yep, sums it up.

And has been mentioned before, it's not like WPG did much to improve their glaring weakness on the back end.

People seem quick to assume Winnipeg will knock out the Oilers but Edmonton has won the H2H season series vs the Jets 6-3 so it's not like Winnipeg has handled Edmonton well this season. We'll see.

I'm also not ready to hand the Leafs their 1st round matchup vs the Habs either.
    This is the point. The Oilers chances to make the conference finals have never been higher than they are this year and Ken Holland decided that this was not a good year to improve his team. Instead, they are going into the stretch run with a 2nd line of Dominik Kahun - Gaetan Haas - Kailer Yamamoto.

Administrator

Yep, sums it up.

It's only 4-2 with 3 more left to play against Winnipeg. But yes, this is definitely the 1st round matchup they want considering they are 3-5-1 vs Toronto and 1-3-1 against Montreal and have mostly been worked by those teams in the process. Could argue for uncertainty in a Montreal series since two of those losses came back during Montreal's hot start and Edmonton's early stumbles.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    It's only 4-2 with 3 more left to play against Winnipeg. But yes, this is definitely the 1st round matchup they want considering they are 3-5-1 vs Toronto and 1-3-1 against Montreal and have mostly been worked by those teams in the process. Could argue for uncertainty in a Montreal series since two of those losses came back during Montreal's hot start and Edmonton's early stumbles.
    Hmm, I was adding up previous games by looking at their schedule. Not sure how I added that wrong but I believe you.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...316597248?s=19

Got confirmation from high ranking NHL source Edmonton is not flying to Vancouver today. Will not play Canucks tomorrow.

Dobber Sports Icon

That's too bad...my 2nd round playoff opponent in my 24 team league has McDavid, Nurse, Larsson and Horvat.

It's the right call by the NHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    That's too bad...my 2nd round playoff opponent in my 24 team league has McDavid, Nurse, Larsson and Horvat.

It's the right call by the NHL.
    I have McDavid, Larsson and Bear.

Dobber Sports Deity

This starts next season by the way.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...282829831?s=19

The #Oilers have signed forward Dylan Holloway to a three-year entry-level contract!

The 2020 14th-overall pick just completed his second @NCAAIceHockey season with @BadgerMHockey, tallying 35 points in 23 games.

#LetsGoOilers https://t.co/CarpNl7ED3

Administrator

Ryan McLeod called up to the Taxi Squad but would expect him to play games once his 7-day quarantine is over. Perhaps we see a few more Condors trickle up with rosters expanding post-trade-deadline.

That Benson-McLeod-Marody line has torched the AHL Pacific Division and wouldn't it be lovely if any of them could be an answer to the Oilers' need for depth scoring.

McLeod is most interesting, because just on measurables alone he's an NHL talent. 6'3", 200 lbs and skates like the wind. Never a high end scorer he's at a point-per-game in his sophomore AHL season at age 21. Not often you see guys develop a scoring touch this late in their career. His 0.5 goals/game is better than anything he did in the AHL. Is it just a PDO bender? Can it translate to the NHL?

Does he line up at center where he has played all season, or do they ease him in on the wing? How quickly can he gain Tippett's trust? Will he quickly climb the depth chart like Puljujarvi and Yamamoto?

It's been a long time since the Oilers drafted and developed a legitimate NHL forward outside the 1st round. Can McLeod buck the trend?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lavoie played well overseas and has 7 points in first 8 games in AHL. Im not sure he will be called up but if he continues, i think he will be given opportunity to make the team next year...i really like his developmental curve so far. During his draft year i know there were questions of commitment and consistency, i think he put those to bed.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Lavoie played well overseas and has 7 points in first 8 games in AHL. Im not sure he will be called up but if he continues, i think he will be given opportunity to make the team next year...i really like his developmental curve so far. During his draft year i know there were questions of commitment and consistency, i think he put those to bed.
    I don't think he's in the mix this year, but definitely trending in the right direction. The Ken Holland model for prospects is overbaking, so I don't think we see him in Edmonton to start next season, even with a strong camp. Instead, he'll go down, hopefully make it impossible for the team to keep him in the minors and make an impact in the 2nd half the way we saw Yamamoto come up last season.

Another player with strong physical tools and I love what a shot production machine Lavoie is. Certainly a unique player type amongst Oilers prospects.

Dobber Sports Deity

I can see Marody getting a shot before Lavoie but who knows what Holland will do.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I can see Marody getting a shot before Lavoie but who knows what Holland will do.
    yeah i think you are right just based on age ...but i think of those 4 in discussion Lavoie has a biggest upside and again, really like what i seen so far...i admit i did not watch any of the AHL games but i did see several from HA and he looked good.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    yeah i think you are right just based on age ...but i think of those 4 in discussion Lavoie has a biggest upside and again, really like what i seen so far...i admit i did not watch any of the AHL games but i did see several from HA and he looked good.
    I don't doubt Lavoie has a greater upside, but Marody has earned his shot. Lavoie has a bit more developing to do before we see him, especially in a Holland environment.

Dobber Sports Pro

What are the thoughts on Klefbom's possible retirement? 50/50 chance?
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot