Page 248 of 370 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 258 298 348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

So Sekera needs to be activated off IR today or they need to formerly submit an application for him to play an extra two games in the AHL which would have him activated on Sunday at the latest. Either way, Keith Gretzky need to do something now that he's in charge.

edit:

Looks like the Oilers are going to try to buy more time. It's still possible the NHL rejects the application though. Sekera played more than 60 minutes of hockey in the last week includng 23 minutes yesterday.

Jason Gregor@JasonGregor
    Oilers and Sekera spoke after last night’s AHL game and agreed he’d benefit from two more games. Will formally ask NHL for two game extension today.

Dobber Sports Deity

A quiet day for the Oilers at the deadline. I guess they did most of their dirty work prior to the deadline day.

I did read a column that stated that Gretzky attempted to get McDavid's old Jr linemate, Connor Brown, from the Leafs, with Matt Benning being part of the return, but the deal fell through.

I was hoping they would have sent out Chiasson but Gretz didn't want to send him out just for a pick because he still thinks the Oil are in the playoff hunt. The plan apparently is to bring him back next year on a 1-2 year deal in the $1.5-2M range.

Sometimes the deals you don't make are the best ones. Lets hope that's the case here too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm glad there was nothing to the nurse rumors. Relieved even.

A quiet deadline is just what the doctor ordered in my opinion. There weren't enough deals out there to guarantee this team makes the playoffs, forget about turning them into a contender. And there is no reason to panic sell or make a potential bad deal at this stage. Finish out the season, focus on the draft, and regroup in the summer.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'm glad there was nothing to the nurse rumors. Relieved even.

A quiet deadline is just what the doctor ordered in my opinion. There weren't enough deals out there to guarantee this team makes the playoffs, forget about turning them into a contender. And there is no reason to panic sell or make a potential bad deal at this stage. Finish out the season, focus on the draft, and regroup in the summer.
    I see what you did there. Well played Sir, well played indeed.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    A quiet day for the Oilers at the deadline. I guess they did most of their dirty work prior to the deadline day.

I did read a column that stated that Gretzky attempted to get McDavid's old Jr linemate, Connor Brown, from the Leafs, with Matt Benning being part of the return, but the deal fell through.

I was hoping they would have sent out Chiasson but Gretz didn't want to send him out just for a pick because he still thinks the Oil are in the playoff hunt. The plan apparently is to bring him back next year on a 1-2 year deal in the $1.5-2M range.

Sometimes the deals you don't make are the best ones. Lets hope that's the case here too.
    Chiasson has predictably regressed after a hot start and considering their cap situation, even $1.5-2.0M is too much for what they are likely to get from him moving forward. I was hoping he'd net a draft pick if only to save them from themselves. They don't need another round of Chiasson at 3x the price. They need to find next year's Chiasson who can over-produce on a minimum deal. If he likes it there and wants to come back at sub $1M pencil him in for a bottom-six slot. Otherwise, it's bargain bin shopping time.

But you are probably right that he returns. Hell, he might even make up to $3M AAV. I have no faith that they'll make the cold-blooded rational decision here.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

The rumor in Toronto (according to radio) is that it was not Benning involved in the trade talks but Adam Larsson. Thankfully for the Oilers, that this deal did not happen.

Jimmy Murphy

Verified account

@MurphysLaw74
    Follow Follow @MurphysLaw74
    More
    Hearing again today that #LetsGoOilers and #LeafsForever discussed a large trade that would've seen defenseman Adam Larsson end up in Toronto and Connor Brown end up in Edmonton. There were lots of moving pieces and that's likely why it didn' happen. Could revisit in offseason.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sam Gagner was lined up with McDavid this morning. We'll see how long that lasts.

RNH-McDavid-Gagner
    Rieder-Draisaitl-Chiasson
    Lucic-Cave-Currie
    Malone-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
    Nurse-Russell
    Benning-Sekera

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    The rumor in Toronto (according to radio) is that it was not Benning involved in the trade talks but Adam Larsson. Thankfully for the Oilers, that this deal did not happen.

Jimmy Murphy

Verified account

@MurphysLaw74
    More
    Hearing again today that #LetsGoOilers and #LeafsForever discussed a large trade that would've seen defenseman Adam Larsson end up in Toronto and Connor Brown end up in Edmonton. There were lots of moving pieces and that's likely why it didn' happen. Could revisit in offseason.
    I'd much rather hold Larsson over Conor Brown.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, Gagner was invisible last night. Who's next? Does Currie get a shot or maybe Hitch throws Rieder on the top line hoping he can get at least one goal this season?

Dobber Sports Titan

Put Klefbom up on the top line, and move Lucic back to D. Worth a try at this point.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post

Jimmy Murphy

Verified account

@MurphysLaw74
    More
    Friedge refuted that on Tim and Sid. Said it was Benning and another player for Brown, but it all seems like speculation. And really, how close did it get? It's definitely something to be on the lookout for this summer, as Toronto pinches pennies to make their cap work and Edmonton tries to get some semblance of NHL talent on their roster.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd much rather hold Larsson over Conor Brown.
    Gawd you're not kidding. Thankfully this didn't happen.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well, Gagner was invisible last night. Who's next? Does Currie get a shot or maybe Hitch throws Rieder on the top line hoping he can get at least one goal this season?
    To me, this is the biggest issue that this team has when it comes to matching someone with McDavid. Just because someone doesn't do anything with McDavid on day one, shouldn't constitute taking him off that line for day two. Jesus, let them form some resemblance of continuity, which doesn't normally happen after one game. Give them a few weeks to try and form some sort of consistency.

Dobber Sports Veteran

To me, this is the biggest issue that this team has when it comes to matching someone with McDavid. Just because someone doesn't do anything with McDavid on day one, shouldn't constitute taking him off that line for day two. Jesus, let them form some resemblance of continuity, which doesn't normally happen after one game. Give them a few weeks to try and form some sort of consistency.
    You're not wrong. I was being a bit facetious myself but looks like Gagner is bumped to the 4th line and Kassian is next to McDqavid again because f@!* it, I guess.

Koskinen starts tonight. Brodziak will be scratched with Gagner sliding down to play with Malone & Rattie. Expect Kassian to move up with McDavid & RNH. Oilers have won five of their last seven games at Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Gregor reporting that Puljujarvi is having surgery. This almost certainly puts him out for the season. As strange as it sounds I am glad that there was actually something to his injury and he was not rushed to the AHL for the Condors playoff run. This shows the agent was not playing games and wanted to ensure surgery was the answer.

Hopefully Puljujarvi can recover in time for training camp and enter "in the best shape of his life" and can start to become a true top-6 winger the Oilers desperately need.

Jesse Puljujarvi will not play again this season. He will have hip surgery next week. #Oilers #NHL
    https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/stat...90430140448768
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR