Page 294 of 370 FirstFirst ... 194 244 284 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 304 344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Mike Smith reads this thread every day.
    Between him and MAF, I absolutely love these stories this year. If only they could share their elixir with Mr. Price.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Massive test coming up vs the Leafs.
    I fully expect him to get pulled vs the Leafs, but then I expected all kinds of stuff this year and most of it has not happened. I am just going to sit back and enjoy what comes (or yell at the players as if they could hear me)

Administrator

Mike Smith had two month-long heaters last year and still finished with a brutal stat line of 2.95 GAA, .902 Sv%, -7.67 GSAA and -17.36 GSAx. Love the heaters, but I'd toss Smith overboard in a second if they found another option.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

I assume the plan on carrying three goalies or losing Stalock to waivers in due time. I'd rather see them carry the three for the season and then have Stalock for next season.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...33612732727298

Edmonton claims Alex Stalock off waivers from Minnesota.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Can he play a conditioning stint for Bakersfield before coming to Canada to quarantine? I'm not sure why the Wild waived him without having him play a bit for Iowa

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Can he play a conditioning stint for Bakersfield before coming to Canada to quarantine? I'm not sure why the Wild waived him without having him play a bit for Iowa
    I honestly don't have an answer for you. Maybe the Wild couldn't justify it????

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Michael Russo speculated that since Stalock hasn't played in months Guerin perhaps thought he could sneak him through waivers. I guess Bill Guerin hasn't been paying attention to the waiver-wire this season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Michael Russo speculated that since Stalock hasn't played in months Guerin perhaps thought he could sneak him through waivers. I guess Bill Guerin hasn't been paying attention to the waiver-wire this season.
    No $hit!! That's why I hope Holland doesn't try and do the same thing. At this point, I question if he's not better than Koskinen even though Stalock hasn't played in months.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I honestly don't have an answer for you. Maybe the Wild couldn't justify it????
    The Wild figured they'd have a better chance of getting an injured goalie through waivers then they would once he was healthy. They were worried about teams like Buffalo who currently don't have a starting goalie (or an NHL back up for that reason!!!). They guessed correctly on Buffalo but they were not expecting Edmonton to put a claim in on someone who was going to be their 3rd goalie. The battling back from injury thing did not bother the Oilers since Stalock can't play for 2 more weeks anyway. The Oilers also don't need Stalock unless one of Koskinen or Smith gets hurt and has to miss multiple games in a row.

The Oilers will likely be carrying 3 goalies for a while now since so many of their forwards have already cleared waivers and Koekkoek is done for the season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

it'll be at least two weeks before Stalock can suit up. 14 day quarantine coming into Canada. As much as Edm needs the G depth I can't see them taking any chances of sending Stalock down.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

The goaltending issues were not surprising. The fact that they couldn't score a goal against a 2nd and 3rd string goaltender in back to back games, despite actually playing fairly well for serious stretches of each game was definitely surprising. That has to be the least worried I have ever felt after back to back shutout losses ever.

Dobber Sports Deity

I cant remember where I read this but a good point is to remember that Edmonton still needs a goalie to expose in the upcoming expansion draft and Stalock is still signed for next year. I know Koskinen is also signed for one more but he does have a M-NTC in his contract so I am not sure where that leaves Edmonton as far as protection goes.

Dobber Sports Titan

Chiasson having a hearing for a hit he did in the final seconds of the game last night. It was so close to the end of the game that the camera went to Hutch to show the winning goalie when it happened.

I haven't seen any angle, Steve Dangle hasn't either. But he tweeted he has asked SN if they have an angle for him to see. Chiasson received a 5min major and a game misconduct for the hit, and the Leafs were apparently furious. Because it came so late in the game, I'd assume he's suspended for 1game, but that's just me saying it without seeing the hit. Just the fact the refs thought it deserved 5+game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Crosschecked Vesey in the head as the buzzer went apparently

Dobber Sports Titan

Crosschecked Vesey in the head as the buzzer went apparently
    Ooooff. The incident look like it happened in the Leafs zone, and the puck was in the Oilers zone when it happened. If it was a crosscheck to the head...it's gotta be over 1 game suspension right?

Steve Dangle just tweeted a view about the incident. Chiasson just skated up to Vesey and punched him in the head post-game. I'd say 1-2games in player safety is looking at it. Big aspect is it happened way away from the play, post-game, and no initial fight or anything.

Better screenshot of it...nvm, not a punch, a crosscheck to Vesey neck.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll