Page 370 of 370 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360 365 366 367 368 369 370
Results 5,536 to 5,545 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Being an East Coast guy all my life, I never got to listen to John Short on the radio but everyone in that industry out there said he was a trailblazer. I am more familiar with Robyn Brownlee because of his writing, primarily at the OilerNation website.

RIP to both.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

What a beauty Hyman has turned into. Probably my favorite Oiler to watch.

People are calling him a current Chris Kunitz, riding shotgun and getting points because he's saddled to McDavid. I am sure that plays into it and certainly helps, but you watch him play and he earns so many of his goals by simply outworking other players, be it digging out pucks along the wall, protecting the puck when he's got it or just getting to the right place and that is usually in front of the net where others dont like to go.

Ken Holland's best signing as Oilers GM by far. 40 goals in 56 GP this season.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Hyman might go down as the best Cap Era Free Agent signing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey, I don't mind him CheeChooing his way to 50 this year potentially.

He works like a dog most nights and is getting it done. Way overperforming what anyone else thought he could do (certainly me). Good for him. Keep it up!

The Great One

I watched a lot of him in his TO days and knew what he was capable of doing. Loved the signing at the time and obviously it worked as planned.

There have been other signings over the years that I had high hopes for that didn't work out so glad this one did! (I thought Campbell was a good signing too...doh!)
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    CheeChooing
    This is the only verb we need in fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What a beauty Hyman has turned into. Probably my favorite Oiler to watch.

People are calling him a current Chris Kunitz, riding shotgun and getting points because he's saddled to McDavid. I am sure that plays into it and certainly helps, but you watch him play and he earns so many of his goals by simply outworking other players, be it digging out pucks along the wall, protecting the puck when he's got it or just getting to the right place and that is usually in front of the net where others dont like to go.

Ken Holland's best signing as Oilers GM by far. 40 goals in 56 GP this season.
    Love the Kunitz comparison. It's not easy to perform/produce with the Crosby's and McDavid's, so hats off to guys like Kunitz and Hyman.

The only issue I'm concerned about is with Hyman's style of play and the injury potential. If the Oilers are going to go on a deep run in the playoffs, Hyman has to stay in the line-up (pretty much everyone is banged up heading into the playoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Hey, I don't mind him CheeChooing his way to 50 this year potentially.
    Haha, love this!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...obKkpHI9Q&s=19

After loaning forwards Sam Gagner and Dylan Holloway to the minors, the #LetsGoOilers    now have $472,762 in projected cap space.

That's the equivalent to $2,161,198 in deadline space.

The club currently has an active roster of 21 players.

Dobber Sports Icon

Does a yond

Does anyone still think that Holland did enough to help his roster?

Administrator

Given the self-imposed shackles of limited cap space I was perfectly fine with the deadline that the Oilers had. They had a few holes, which were mostly addressed. Beyond that you would have had to get into crazy blockbuster players going in and out territory, which is always going to be a challenge at the deadline, especially since the players most at risk (Ceci, Kulak) had term. I'm glad they didn't rob Peter to pay Paul by moving out Foegele to add a perceived forward upgrade and then still be left wondering where the bottom-6 scoring was going to come from.

Is it enough? I tend to think the Oilers roster is plenty talented enough. It's not without deficiencies but no team is perfect. Enough will be determined by execution, match ups, luck, injuries, goalie voodoo, etc. I mean, Boston had a record breaking season a year ago, arguably won the deadline and then still lost in R1. The year before the Panthers had a great record, shot their wad at the deadline and then fizzled out, only to go to the Final the following year where they made no deadline moves.

The deadline met expectations. Enough will be determined by the playoff result.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg