Page 352 of 370 FirstFirst ... 252 302 342 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 362 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Nice to see Jack Campbell finally "win" a game for the Oilers instead of having the offense help him win one. He actually looked good last night against a very tough opponent. I won't lie, when I saw he was starting against TB, I didn't have much hope on the outcome but was pleasantly surprised at his play last night.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I mostly agree with this article. I always maintained that the Hall for Larsson deal wasn't as bad as everyone claimed at the time and hindsight shows Hall wasn't the superior asset that everyone thought he was:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...b662fb2632f944

Dobber Sports Ninja

Still think it was a terrible trade but there's no denying that the loss of both Larsson and Klefbom is a huge reason why the Oilers are still not the team they should be these days

Dobber Sports Deity

Excellent read on the Oilers defensive woes from probably the best Oilers writer out there IMO. (NHL_Sid on twitter).

https://oilersnation.com/news/how-go...ensive-pairing

https://oilersnation.com/news/defens...moving-forward

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is evan Bouchard playing well? TOI is so inconsistent; sometimes 22+ min and other times 13-14 min
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    Is evan Bouchard playing well? TOI is so inconsistent; sometimes 22+ min and other times 13-14 min
    It depends on your definition of "playing well". Offensively he's playing well but he isn't great in his own end. On this team, he's a top 4 Dman but to be fair, that's not saying much. Edmonton has struggled defending all season long and Bouchard is part of that problem. He's not the biggest problem but he's still a problem.

Dobber Sports Pro

Is it too early to say that McDavid will win the Art Ross, the Rocket Richard, the Lindsay and the Hart this year?

Dobber Sports Sage

He's already a point per game player over a full season game set. lol
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Classy move by Woody and the Oilers to give this kid a chance to get into the game.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/16195...vKzNh4qLQ&s=19

EBUG ACTIVATED ��

Matt Berlin, from the University of Alberta (@GBHKY), dressed for the @EdmontonOilers tonight. He saw 2:26 on ice, making one save on one shot for a 1.000 SVP% and a memory that will last a lifetime.

The Great One

Dude that is awesome. What a classy move.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Oilers are starting to win me over as a fan. Mind you it was only Chicago last night. However it was a very strong game by Edmonton. Everyone looked ready to play. McDavid and Draisaitl seemed to lift the team intensity as a whole.
    Agree 100%, a classy move getting Berlin into the game.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Classy move by Woody and the Oilers to give this kid a chance to get into the game.

https://twitter.com/NHL/status/16195...vKzNh4qLQ&s=19
    Yep, I was at the game last night and it capped off a great night all around. Everyone was already buzzing as to why Skinner was a late scratch already, so everyone was keenly aware that an EBUG was sitting on the bench. But nobody expected him to see the net even when the outcome of the game wasn't in doubt anymore. Great story!

Administrator

Vibe check. With the Oilers riding hot into the All Star break, how is everyone feeling about the season? Still desperate for a trade? Angsty about the blue line? Cringing about the stagnation of Puljujarvi and Yamamoto?

Even before this winning streak I'd kind of settled into the prices for what would be meaningful solutions just not being worth it. I know. I KNOW that it is embarrassing that this team still isn't a wagon with McDavid doing what he is doing. There is absolutely a responsibility to surround him with the best team possible. I am just very protective of Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault and the 2023 1st because I think that those players all help you in the McDavid timeline and it doesn't sound like the 1st can reel in an upgrade on its own even if it should. Also, the cap gymnastics needed to bring in a meaningful upgrade on the roster are enough to make your head spin.

If May comes and the team is sitting outside the playoffs or just dumped an opening round to any of the equally dodgy Pacific teams I'll be cursing that they didn't push more chips in, but I'd genuinely be down for a quiet deadline. Sign me up for the Ken Holland classic of a mid-round pick for a veteran rental depth defenseman and rolling the dice that the current forward crop can stay healthy.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Oilers are hot but they're also playing weaker competition lately. I'd like to think management isn't fooled into thinking everything is alright with this team because theres still D flaws in their own end and limited scoring depth outaide of Nuge, Hyman, Draisaitl and McDavid. Short of those four, no one has double digit goals so far. Kostin has 9g's and thats mainly since December so that's promising but the rest of the team isn't good at generating any offense.

It is nice to see Campbell playing bettering January and I hope he keeps that up. He's playing like the goalie they thought they invested in.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Don't think there is much to be done. A small move perhaps.

They have not really played a weak schedule lately. The last 15 games they played 9 of their games against teams that I would call good teams based on their records (Flames, Kraken (x3), Jets, Avs, Kings, Golden Knights, Lightning) and they went 5-3-1 against those teams. Sounds about right to me. A solid team that can win games against other good teams, but in the playoffs they could also lose a series to those teams as well.

They are entering a decent stretch against weaker teams though (starting with Vancouver/Columbus/Chicago already) and if they are going to move up in the standings a bit to gain some home ice in the playoffs then this is a pretty key time to do so.

I figure they are the same (ish) team as last year. Could go out first round. Maybe they could go on a little run. Doubt they are a Cup contender, but anything could happen.