Page 254 of 370 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 264 304 354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Administrator

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

The expansion draft part of this deal by itself makes it a win for Edmonton. Not to mention he has better odds than Lucic of being a decent offensive contributor, which the Oilers desperately need.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Neal should be decent on PP1 with his shot and size.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Question for anybody who owns or knows somebody with an "authentic" Edmonton Oilers jersey:
    Are the digits for the three-colour numbers stitched on as ONE ply/piece... or as THREE ply/pieces?

I've always grown up seeing multi-colored digits stacked with one ply per colour... so three-color digit is three plys of fabric, all stitched.
    I would imagine this is a lot of work, but really made a jersey *pop*.

The story:
    Every summer I hawk websites clearing out hockey apparel, especially from traded players.
    I buy t-shirts and jerseys when a player switches teams as soon as it is heavily discounted.
    Dick's Sporting Goods has had fabulous sales this year, better than NHL.com.

Already this year I've bought:
    Subban-NAS t-shirt on Dick's ($8)
    Pavelski-SJ t-shirt on Dick's ($9)
    Panarin-CBJ t-shirt on Dick's ($9)
    Panarin-authentic jersey on Dick's ($50) - beautiful (Still have $18 replicas for the kiddos.)
    And just recently, Dick's made some sort of HUGE discounting mistake...
    They put the alternate (Blue) McDavid Authentic jerseys on sale for... (wait for it)... $15.98. Seriously.

It was like 7am a week ago, I got into work, went online, it said "Add to Cart to See Price".
    $15.98... Sixteen dollars!!! (Retail price is $225, tagged officially with NHL and Adidas)
    Huge accident, they had it corrected by 9am. I had my order in by then... and assumed they were going to cancel any orders made.

I couldn't believe it, so I bought two. (gonna give one to my best buddy's son, who is 9 and playing hockey)

Looks beautiful on the site, right?
    When I get the jersey, the "C", and all "97s" are done with a single THREE-colour ply.
    And the blue coloring in the numbers doesn't match the blue of the jersey & logo. (One can actually see this in picture - if they study it sharply.)
    It was a bit of a letdown.

Now, for $16/each... still an awesome value on the jersey and nameplate itself.
    But it does kind of ruin the appearance of the jersey, this numbering style with one ply and an off-colour blue.

So... just curious - if any of you in Edmonton or major Canadian cities happen to see one - take a look at the numbering (or "C") and let me know:
    i) If it is one-ply or three-ply, and
    ii) Does the blue of the numbers/"C" seem distinctly off from the jersey's blue.

I'm just wondering if this is how they do jerseys these days - with a single ply of fabric for the multi-color numbers.
    Seems like quite the corner-cutting for a $225 retail jersey!

Thanks!

ps. For anybody interested in discounted hockey gear, go to Dick's website, type in NHL, then sort by "Savings High to Low".
    That's how I stumbled upon the McDavid jersey error.
    Nothing mind popping right now, but I'm considering the Flyers Quarter-Zip Pullover, regular $60, on sale for $15..

Dobber Sports Deity

Anyone else here wondering how much longer before Puljujarvi re-signs with the Oilers? It's coming, I'm just wonder when.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Anyone else here wondering how much longer before Puljujarvi re-signs with the Oilers? It's coming, I'm just wonder when.
    I thought he publicly stated he would not play for the Oilers again. What’s changed?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I thought he publicly stated he would not play for the Oilers again. What’s changed?
    Nothing. I'm just looking forward. I dont see a trade and I don't see him signing in Europe so Edmonton is his only other option.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Nothing. I'm just looking forward. I dont see a trade and I don't see him signing in Europe so Edmonton is his only other option.
    I don't disagree. It seems to make sense.

What do you forsee as far as likely cap hit and term? A short term prove it type deal?

Edit: I still think patience for the team and fans would be prudent with pool party. You can't give up on or give away all of your top picks and expect to win in this league.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Icon

I agree with this completely. The question is when is he going to put his tail between his legs and come crawling back. It's his only option now. If he wanted to play in Europe, he would have signed a few weeks ago.

The Great One

Is Finland in Europe?
    Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Is Finland in Europe?
    Sorry. Couldn’t resist.
    Liiga or AHL...doesn't matter. It's up to him to prove that he is capable of playing in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Wizard

man....i made some stupid moves in my fantasy hockey carrier of 15 years but trading Point + Ekblad to land Pluj must be worst by far...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

For those out of the loop:
    https://www.nhl.com/news/jesse-pulju...nd/c-308679582

This was my preferred option for Puljujarvi given that he is not AHL eligible (without waivers). Hopefully he can get piles of ice time and find his game and then either be traded for something worthwhile or rejoin the team.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Liiga or AHL...doesn't matter. It's up to him to prove that he is capable of playing in the NHL.
    His AHL results suggest he absolutely should have been given consistent top 6 opportunities in Edmonton.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    His AHL results suggest he absolutely should have been given consistent top 6 opportunities in Edmonton.
    110 games in 2 seasons and never really looked ready for the NHL.

However, I hope he does well and ends up somewhere else with a successful career. Sounds like the kid just wants out of a historically embarrassing franchise and a fresh start. Nothing wrong with that in my books.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    110 games in 2 seasons and never really looked ready for the NHL.

However, I hope he does well and ends up somewhere else with a successful career. Sounds like the kid just wants out of a historically embarrassing franchise and a fresh start. Nothing wrong with that in my books.
    I've never been all that high on JP, even before he was drafted, so I'm not sad to see him go. I do wish the Oilers could have gotten some sort of asset for him, even if it was a 3rd round pick or something.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98