Page 277 of 370 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 287 327 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    People have been raving about Broberg’s play in the playoff camp. Maybe it will take a little of the sting of taking him over Zegras. I know it makes me feel a little better about taking him 21st last year over Seider.
    Neither kid has proven anything at the NHL level so no sense fretting over anyone getting passed at this stage.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    People have been raving about Broberg’s play in the playoff camp. Maybe it will take a little of the sting of taking him over Zegras. I know it makes me feel a little better about taking him 21st last year over Seider.
    I am still reeling from that decision! I get that team needs are a moving target and most draft picks are to solve tomorrow's problem's not today's, but damn it still smarts. Offensive weapons like Zegras and Caufield are even scarcer than big mobile defensemen. I do like having Broberg in the back pocket to set the Oilers up to have blue line solutions for years to come, and I am enjoying seeing the positives now that this is the bed they've made for themselves.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Neither kid has proven anything at the NHL level so no sense fretting over anyone getting passed at this stage.
    LOL- that's not how my mind works. Doesn't help that Detroit fans are giddy about Seider and he is consistently ranked in the top 10 or 20 for prospects and Broberg is way down the list.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

LOLl! (weird that it wont allow me to type this out in all caps no matter who I try to.)

116000649_10164261286940650_2700969657704647206_n.jpg

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

McDavid straight up looked like a ringer in a beer league game on Tuesday. He really looked like he was bored lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Missed the first game since I was backcountry camping for 3 days, but McDavid looked decent in Game 2. I guess.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Missed the first game since I was backcountry camping for 3 days, but McDavid looked decent in Game 2. I guess.
    It started at 1130pm my time last night so I only saw a bit of the first period but yeah, he looked good from what I saw. They got the win, which is the most important part.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Agreed. McDavid is an above average hockey player.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It started at 1130pm my time last night so I only saw a bit of the first period but yeah, he looked good from what I saw. They got the win, which is the most important part.
    Yeah, I only made it to the end of the second period as well. If it was later in the playoffs I would try and stay awake, but it barely even feels like playoffs right now. I'm not too into the games to be honest.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I so wanted to watch the game, but I only made it to the end of the first. Had to be up before 0600 for work and couldn't be dragging my donkey. I did PVR it, but I saw the highlights this morning, so I'm good!

Dobber Sports Icon

A big thank you goes out to Adrian Dater. He's made Connor McDavid mad and it turns out that a mad Connor McDavid can carry an entire team in the NHL playoff, nope, NHL play-ins. I think he keeps it up and sets an NHL record for most points in an NHL 5 game series in the past 33 years.

Dobber Sports Pro

Any other AB residents getting in on the Oiler game's 50/50 draws?

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/community/5050-landing

So far the first 2 pots have been record shattering and today/tonight's pot is pacing to be even bigger

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Any other AB residents getting in on the Oiler game's 50/50 draws?

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/community/5050-landing

So far the first 2 pots have been record shattering and today/tonight's pot is pacing to be even bigger
    I heard 3.2 million for one of the pots... wow! The Edmonton Oilers are going to have to start a new lottery...

They could call it 1st overall Lottery or something like sorts... I bet it could compete with Lotto Max.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I have friends out there who are buying tickets like they are lottery tickets LOL!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I heard 3.2 million for one of the pots... wow! The Edmonton Oilers are going to have to start a new lottery...

They could call it 1st overall Lottery or something like sorts... I bet it could compete with Lotto Max.
    The 50/50 draws were always bought in person at Oiler games. Even when the tickets went electronic for in game purchase the total pots rarely went above $100k. But for the playoffs Oiler game 50/50 draws were given a special lottery license to run online because, of course, nobody can attend the games. Well anyone with an AB address able to buy tickets, the pots have sky rocketed. A lot of charities will benefit and a lot AB residents are feeling the lotto type fever! If the Oilers go on a long run then this thing could get epic.