Page 222 of 370 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Yea I know, I'm just surprised that term is still being thrown around given it's becoming clearer that the "haters" were right about Chiarelli destroying the team. I suppose the leftovers won't admit it until Chiarelli is inevitably fired. Missing the playoffs this season could be a blessing in disguise if it ends his era in Edmonton.
    I find it interesting that fans today have absolutely zero tolerance for any steps back/failure. This is definitely turning out to not be a great season, but should every GM or Coach be fired based on one bad season? I totally get that the team is way underperforming this season, but I'm willing to say that it's not entirely on the GM (or the Coach). The players bear a great deal of responsibility for the mess they are in. I don't have all the answers, but firing your GM and/or Coach every season the team does not meet expectations is NOT the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Also known as experienced and not a rookie GM.

Oilers fans were happy not to see another hiring of the Oilers old boys club for a change.
    100% this, even with his history of cap mismanagement.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Patience people rebuilds take time. Their are so many ups and downs.

Dobber Sports Genius

If you watched the Oilers lose 5-0 to the Kings last night it was plain to see that the current version of the Oilers is not working. Something has to give. This team needs a shake up.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Expert

Well alot of times in rebuild the original coach and even GM don't last to see the end result. It takes time though. This is basically the same team the same team that did damage last year.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    If you watched the Oilers lose 5-0 to the Kings last night it was plain to see that the current version of the Oilers is not working. Something has to give. This team needs a shake up.
    Maybe the 12 year old team captain can give a motivational speech based on his bantam years!? lol For the record, I don't think that NHL team captains should be players in their first few years in the league, regardless of how talented they are. And that goes for Crosby and Toews as well. I've seen some immature behavior from both of those guys early in their captaincy's as well that didn't sit well with me.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Patience people rebuilds take time. Their are so many ups and downs.
    Rebuild? The Oilers are not rebuilding. Nor are the Flames. Nor are the Leafs. They're "rebuilds" are done. They're in their contender phase now, and they will either succeed or fail. But they're not rebuilding.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Rebuild? The Oilers are not rebuilding. Nor are the Flames. Nor are the Leafs. They're "rebuilds" are done. They're in their contender phase now, and they will either succeed or fail. But they're not rebuilding.
    I'll agree the Leafs are not 'rebuilding' but I'll argue the Leafs are more building to become a contender, even if by all other appearances they are contending. #aheadofschedule
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Too many clowns on the team. They traded two jokesters in Hall and Eberle.. they need to get rid of Maroon to complete the sweep. They also need some serious puck-moving defencemen. They just don't have that and in this NHL, you need to get up the ice fast. Even Pittsburgh and Chicago didn't start winning until they had a few blue-liners that could do that.

Seriously, though, they need to lose some immaturity. The team needs some serious hard-asses and not the Andrew Ferences or Matt Hendrickses... Some good hockey player hard-asses.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Too many clowns on the team. They traded two jokesters in Hall and Eberle.. they need to get rid of Maroon to complete the sweep. They also need some serious puck-moving defencemen. They just don't have that and in this NHL, you need to get up the ice fast. Even Pittsburgh and Chicago didn't start winning until they had a few blue-liners that could do that.

Seriously, though, they need to lose some immaturity. The team needs some serious hard-asses and not the Andrew Ferences or Matt Hendrickses... Some good hockey player hard-asses.
    Was gonna comment on that being what Lucic was brought in for, but then I saw the bolded part

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would disagree about Maroon. He's be a hard-nosed, useful and productive player in many of the games he's played for the Oil. Obviously, like many guys who physically play it rough and tumble, crosses that line from goonery to buffoonery...hence the 2 game vacation. I do agree about needed some good hockey playing hard-asses, someone to show the floaters how to dig deep (agreed that it can't be the fringe players).

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Was gonna comment on that being what Lucic was brought in for, but then I saw the bolded part
    Savage rataylor22! lol

Dobber Sports Deity

An interesting quote from Lowtide on his latest article on The Athletic. For those who have the subscription,

https://theathletic.com/201295/2018/...-agents-to-be/

For those who don't subsribe, here's what he notes about Maroon.

Maroon is a good offensive player, his 1.81 points per 60 at 5-on-5 this season ranking him No. 103 overall among forwards with 400 or more minutes in the discipline. That's borderline first-line production, and matches exactly his delivery one year ago. It would be natural to assume Maroon's numbers received a boost from playing with Connor McDavid, but the big man's even-strength scoring has been more impressive with both Leon Draisaitl and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.
    He's a free agent at the end of this season and I expect him to get dealt at some point but he's not a jokester for what he's earning this year.

And I do agree that the Oilers could use a good puck moving Dman but that has been a need for some time now. Nothing new there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

An interesting quote from Lowtide on his latest article on The Athletic. For those who have the subscription,

https://theathletic.com/201295/2018/...-agents-to-be/

For those who don't subsribe, here's what he notes about Maroon.

He's a free agent at the end of this season and I expect him to get dealt at some point but he's not a jokester for what he's earning this year.

And I do agree that the Oilers could use a good puck moving Dman but that has been a need for some time now. Nothing new there.
    I meant more in terms of personality.. Boston got a whole lot better when Marchand calmed down his antics and focused on playing hockey....When they got rid of goofs like Shawn Thornton and alike... Edmonton needs some serious work ethic if they are to make noise and sustain it.

And of course, that infamous puck-moving D...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Deity

Slepyshev getting the call for the suspended Maroon. Hoping he gets a shot in the top six but I am doubtful.

https://twitter.com/EdmontonJack/sta...78447174418432

Benning in for Davidson; Slepyshev back in lineup for the suspended Maroon.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

A fans open letter to Daryl Katz. Hard to argue with what he's stating here.

http://thesportsdaily.com/the-oilers...mr-daryl-katz/

Dobber Sports Ninja

A fans open letter to Daryl Katz. Hard to argue with what he's stating here.

http://thesportsdaily.com/the-oilers...mr-daryl-katz/
    Meh. The letter sounded like a frustrated Oiler fanboy venting his frustration at half a sub-par season. Was this guy cheering during the playoffs? If so, then his argument about losing Hall and Eberle and "only" having Larsson to show for it rings hollow for me. Don't get me wrong, this team desperately needs something to shake them up, be it a trade or firing, something needs to happen to shake these guys out of their nearly season long funk. Firing the GM after half a season of poor performance is short-sighted. Oh, also, the owner does only care about money, just like nearly every other professional sports team owner except maybe Mark Cuban.