Page 345 of 370 FirstFirst ... 245 295 335 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5545

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I think 6m is too much $$$ for the Oilers on one goalie (at this point)... they do get another 525k freed up that was buried cap.
    Binnington also has a full NTC - not sure if EDM is on it.
    I don't think Binnington comes to Edmonton unless there's cap retained or a contract of some significance going back. I just threw his name out there because I think STL would be more interested in moving him over Husso.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Husso is an upcoming UFA himself. St. Louis isn't in a terrible spot cap-wise and could conceivable retain some salary but I'm not sure they'd be willing to do that while in a spot to compete. I think they have $12-$13M or so to sign 5-7 players (which includes re-signing Perunovich and Perron) or something to that effect as things stand now.

Husso signing with the Oilers is certainly interesting but I'm not even going to try to project what kind of contract he'll sign next.

Dobber Sports Icon

i still feel they will make a play on Geogiev this summer, in a Kravstov and Georgiev for X type of move..

ya Georg doesnt have great stats but hes also playing about a 3rd of what he needs to get in a rhythm..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Star

I will be honest when I say that I am very pleasantly surprised by how the Oilers have been playing. Excited to see them make the playoffs. Really surprised by the play of Kane. I was for sure one of the doubters who exclaimed "why???" when he was signed. I was nervous for the drama that he seems to historically bring, which has so far been noticibly absent. Lol, it still wouldn't surprise me if some drama surrounding him (and his wife), did eventually show up.

Moving into the playoffs I am cautiously optimistic. Our goaltending is still hugely suspect as is our defense. I feel that other teams will be nervous to face us in the playoffs because of our explosive potential. It wouldn't surprise me if they made another quick exit, but I am hoping for a bit of success.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I will be honest when I say that I am very pleasantly surprised by how the Oilers have been playing. Excited to see them make the playoffs. Really surprised by the play of Kane. I was for sure one of the doubters who exclaimed "why???" when he was signed. I was nervous for the drama that he seems to historically bring, which has so far been noticibly absent. Lol, it still wouldn't surprise me if some drama surrounding him (and his wife), did eventually show up.

Moving into the playoffs I am cautiously optimistic. Our goaltending is still hugely suspect as is our defense. I feel that other teams will be nervous to face us in the playoffs because of our explosive potential. It wouldn't surprise me if they made another quick exit, but I am hoping for a bit of success.

Rylant
    I am curious to see how the games are called in the playoffs again. Last year, there was a BIG stink about the lack of calls, not just against the Oilers, but it was certainly pointed out how few calls were made and how few PP opportunities there were.

Goaltending hasn't been a concern as of late (knock on wood). Both Smith and Koskinen have been playing well. I have no doubt Smith will get the nod in game one and we'll see where it goes from there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am curious to see how the games are called in the playoffs again. Last year, there was a BIG stink about the lack of calls, not just against the Oilers, but it was certainly pointed out how few calls were made and how few PP opportunities there were.

Goaltending hasn't been a concern as of late (knock on wood). Both Smith and Koskinen have been playing well. I have no doubt Smith will get the nod in game one and we'll see where it goes from there.
    I wish they would call games the exact same in playoffs and exhibition games. I really hate the "let them play" mentality in important games. I am also interested in seeing how they call these.

And yes both Smith and Koskinen have put up impressive numbers lately. Just watching the games, a lot of their play just seems so awkward lol. But I hope it can continue but it doesn't look comfortable even when they are making the saves; with either of them.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

The team has been really, really good 5v5 lately, so thankfully they won't need to rely on powerplays as much this postseason. That's huge.

Team has looked amazing as of late. Fun to watch. The playoffs are always a crap shoot. No expectations, but always blind hope. If it's their turn, then it's their turn. They have the pieces in place to go on a nice run. Goaltending will have to hold up, and who knows how that will go. I always feel like it could collapse at any moment.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The team has been really, really good 5v5 lately, so thankfully they won't need to rely on powerplays as much this postseason. That's huge.

Team has looked amazing as of late. Fun to watch. The playoffs are always a crap shoot. No expectations, but always blind hope. If it's their turn, then it's their turn. They have the pieces in place to go on a nice run. Goaltending will have to hold up, and who knows how that will go. I always feel like it could collapse at any moment.
    I think, like most teams, this is the make or break point for Edmonton. If Smith and Koskinen can keep doing what they are doing, I like Edmonton's chances to get one or more series wins this year. Any Oilers fan will tell you there's nothing more that they'd love to see than an Edmonton vs Calgary matchup. That would be fun to watch.

Administrator

Looking at the splits, the Oilers have been great against the Pacific, and middling against the other divisions. Thankfully, the most likely playoff path sees them sticking with Pacific opponents for at least a couple of rounds. Anything short of winning a series will be a disappointment. Anything more will be a pleasant surprise.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Star

evander at closer to the league minimum was definitely low-risk high upside. what he brings to the table is worth it at that cost as long as he didnt get in his own way. so far he hasnt and whose to say he stays an oiler past this season anyway?

mike smith has been great the last little bit which was very surprising to me. good for him, calgary vs edmonton in the second round would be epic
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Pro

Boooo for these 8PM MST game start times, some of us have to wake up for work before 6AM, lol.

The Great One

This is what sick pay is for…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Boooo for these 8PM MST game start times, some of us have to wake up for work before 6AM, lol.
    I love it. I work fairly late so I should be able to catch all of them. Sorry lol.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I love it. I work fairly late so I should be able to catch all of them. Sorry lol.

Rylant
    I secured a game 1 ticket Saturday.... so I told my boss tomorrow is going to be iffy

Dobber Sports Star

How "successful" is the Oiler's season considered if we bow out quickly to the Flames?

I like a lot of what I am seeing, but something needs to improve. Defensively, we get beaten so often leads to scoring chances. Keith, Barrie, Bouchard, Russell are all guilty of giving up chances. Top this off with suspect goaltending... I am not sure Skinner is the answer.

Rylant