Page 322 of 370 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 332 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5547

Thread: Edmonton Oilers

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Edmonton Oilers

I’m going to start to lobby for McDavid’s goals and assists to be split in our pool. It’s impossible to compete with that.

Making it worse, the guy who has him in our keeper also has Draisaitl…. Yeah….

Dobber Sports Deity

So far, the Oilers are a three line team and all three lines are contributing. The D is better than expected. Goaltending is holding is end of the deal.

Oilers are 5-0.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

so freakiin' happy
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So far, the Oilers are a three line team and all three lines are contributing. The D is better than expected. Goaltending is holding is end of the deal.

Oilers are 5-0.
    I will be honest. I have watched every minute of every Oiler game so far this year, and we don't deserve to be 5-0. The Oilers have been largely outplayed and I have felt often that we are barely holding on. We are capitalizing on our opportunities and powerplay and relied heavily on timely goaltending. I feel like a 2 or 3 goal lead is not safe.

Not saying that the Oilers are "bad", just that our record isn't a good indication of our play. Obviously McDavid has been lights out. Draisaitl has been great. Nurse has been great. Smith has been great. Keith hasn't been as bad as I expected. I do like what I see from Hyman and Foegele. Bouchard is playing great. I am interested in seeing where this goes. I am fairly sure we make the playoffs. I hope we do better in round 1 than we did last year (can't be worse, right). Some people are saying first in the West-Pacific with a serious push for the Cup; I don't see it yet.

This is not sustainable. Also relying on 3 or 4 guys is dangerous. I still wish we had more depth. Still exciting hockey.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel mostly the same but didn't want to be the Debbie Downer. But 5 wins is nice.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    IÂ’m going to start to lobby for McDavidÂ’s goals and assists to be split in our pool. ItÂ’s impossible to compete with that.

Making it worse, the guy who has him in our keeper also has DraisaitlÂ…. YeahÂ….

The points leader in one of my big money dynasty leagues has McDavid, Draisaitl, and Poolparty..... and that leader is me!

Dobber Sports Master

Must have been some lean years to get that dynasty trio lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Tough loss last night. Koskinen, who's actually played really well so far this season, wasn't great. Poor positioning on the initial wrap around goal, mishandled the puck on the 2nd one and he got caught scrambling, the third one with 0.6 seconds left on the clock to end the first period, it's almost like his head was already in the dressing room. The GWG was just a bad goal from the top of the dot through his legs. He did make some excellent saves at differing times but the four goals he gave up were all bad goals IMO. Good fast game but the Oilers could have/should have won that one.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

The rest of the roster played really well I thought, but goaltending was a concern before Mike Smith went down. Now it's a BIG concern. Koskinen was fine as a spot starter, but if he's going to get lots of starts then there will be more games like this. He's just not good enough.

The Great One

What do you think? Korpisalo for Koskinen plus (to take the contract as well)? What would that look like...Turris, Ryan, Yamamoto?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    What do you think? Korpisalo for Koskinen plus (to take the contract as well)? What would that look like...Turris, Ryan, Yamamoto?
    Do you realize that Koskinen has been a significantly better goalie than Korpisalo over the past 3+ seasons? Why would you want to give up another asset to downgrade the 2nd weakest position on your team (after defence)?

The Great One

Have you watched either of them play? Koskinen is terrible. Korpisalo isn't. I'd be curious to see the side by side stats that show what you claim is true...including number of starts, QS vs. NQS vs. VBS. GSAA? High danger SV%?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Have you watched either of them play? Koskinen is terrible. Korpisalo isn't. I'd be curious to see the side by side stats that show what you claim is true...including number of starts, QS vs. NQS vs. VBS. GSAA? High danger SV%?
    Ask and you shall receive. Numbers are pretty damn close. I am a big fan of Korpisalo but his numbers aren't much better than Koskinen's over the past three years.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...-2021%3AR%3A99

Last three seasons averages:

Korpi.png

You can also try this site for goalie stats

https://moneypuck.com/goalies.htm

or here from last years stats for goals saved above expected:

https://thewincolumn.ca/2021/06/20/e...bove-expected/

Columbus Blue Jackets
    The Columbus Blue Jackets had an awful performance from Joonas Korpisalo, as he was the worst goaltender in the Central in terms of GSAx. In 33 appearances, he had -18.72, far worse than anyone else in the division. Elvis Merzlikins had a more respectable -2.43 GSAx in a similar workload with 28 appearances in the season.

Edmonton Oilers
    In a similar manner to the Leafs, the Edmonton Oilers saw their starters have a tale of two seasons, as Mike Smith had a fairly strong season while Mikko Koskinen struggled. Smith was one of the best goaltenders in the North, posting 7.22 GSAx, which was good for third in the division.

Koskinen, in contrast, was not so great, as he’d be one of five North Division goaltenders to let in at least 10 more goals compared to expectations with a -10.37 GSAx. Stuart Skinner appeared in one game for Edmonton, in which his GSAx was -1.36.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, we can trot out all the fancy stats we want, but Koskinen has lost the confidence of the players. If there is a deal out there, try someone else. I like Korpisalo as well, but I wonder if playing behind the Blue Jackets defensive system is making Korpisalo look better than he actually is. I'd still take that shot, Korpisalo for Koskinen even just to look like I'm trying to shake things up a little in goal.

Administrator

I can't get there with Korpisalo. He had that one great series against Toronto, but he's not performed very well in what's been a very comfortable system in Columbus. It'd be one thing to take a cheap shot in free agency, but in a trade you're giving up picks to do it, which Holland has already tossed around like candy for marginal moves.

I hope Holland sticks to his guns here and doesn't pay for a marginal option. His philosophy is that there's little difference in goalies outside the top-5 options. I do think Koskinen can be improved upon but unless we're talking John Gibson, no thanks.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg