Page 61 of 606 FirstFirst ... 11 51 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 71 111 161 561 ... LastLast

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Another weekly report of Habs' futures:

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/habs-future-16
    So not excited by Avystns numbers there but the team as a whole doesn't look to be doing all that great and his numbers are up there on the team.

Any info when he will get his 10 games in the NHL? Apparently his agent said he was promised sonethng like 10 games this season?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So not excited by Avystns numbers there but the team as a whole doesn't look to be doing all that great and his numbers are up there on the team.

Any info when he will get his 10 games in the NHL? Apparently his agent said he was promised sonethng like 10 games this season?
    Yeah, i heard that too... I hope that this was lost in translation, because ther is no way that:

1) His agent received such a guarantee
    2) That he'll play a single game in the NHL this season.

So if his agent made such a comment, I wonder what was his goal... Because it did not mke a lot of noise in the media, I think that a few phone calls confirmed that there was nothing to report there.

From what I heard, he is playing better as the season goes by, but he is still a long way from being NHL ready.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post

My guess is the Habs actually told him if he increases his level of play he could see a few games in the NHL. I can't see a team guaranteeing such an unproven young player ice time unless it was a blatant lie to keep him in North America longer.

My guess: he is a bust and is in the KHL next season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

From TSN Ice Chips:

Monday's Practice Lines

Forwards:
    Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
    Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
    Darche - Eller - Leblanc
    Gomez - Nokelainen - Weber

Defence:
    Gorges - Subban
    Gill - Diaz
    Kaberle - Emelin

Goaltenders:
    Price - starting
    Budaj

I'll try to find any info regarding a practice today. Most curious to be is the status of Chris Campoli.
    Did I miss an injury to Moen...?
    Is he playing tonight?
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Did I miss an injury to Moen...?
    Is he playing tonight?
    He had a therapy day yesterday, that's why he isn't on those line...he will play tonight, he was at practice today

Dobber Sports Padawan

Also, Campoli was practicing with the 2nd wave on the PP with Diaz and Desharnais' line... a sign that he'll play tonight?? If so, who is sitting out?

I think that campoli still sits this one.

Administrator

I'll post today's practice lines when they are made available. Should give a better indication as to what is going on.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll post today's practice lines when they are made available. Should give a better indication as to what is going on.
    There was no lines at practice today...only special teams

Dobber Sports Padawan

Campoli in, Emelin out tonight...ne ver saw that one coming!

Administrator

Defenceman Alexei Emelin will be a healthy scratch as Chris Campoli will return to the lineup since being injured in the first game of the season. - TSN

Projected Lines vs. Islanders

Forwards:
    Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
    Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
    Moen - Eller - Leblanc
    Darche - Nokelainen - Weber

Defence:
    Gorges - Subban
    Gill - Diaz
    Kaberle - Campoli

Goaltenders:
    Price - starting
    Budaj
    WRONG move sitting Emelin. He has been one of the bright spots of late and should not be punished for good play. Sure he makes mistakes but so do the veterans. Emelin brings so much good to the table and is a perfect fit in this type of lineup. Campoli is totally redundant. I would have preferred putting Campoli in Weber's spot on the wing as he gets himself in game shape and then shuffle the defence as needed when the time comes.

Dobber Sports Padawan

WRONG move sitting Emelin. He has been one of the bright spots of late and should not be punished for good play. Sure he makes mistakes but so do the veterans. Emelin brings so much good to the table and is a perfect fit in this type of lineup. Campoli is totally redundant. I would have preferred putting Campoli in Weber's spot on the wing as he gets himself in game shape and then shuffle the defence as needed when the time comes.
    I agree. Emelin was forced to play the right side with Kaberle, and it took him a while to adapt. With the exception of Matt Martin, there is no hitting machine on the Islanders roster, but a few big guys nonetheless.

Just hope they are showcasing Campoli and that Emelin will be back in the line-up soon.

Administrator

Just an aside, but what happens when this thread hits 1000 posts? Do we get a mention in the Lounge?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just an aside, but what happens when this thread hits 1000 posts? Do we get a mention in the Lounge?
    LOL... I was asking myself the same question when I saw it hit 900!!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

That was a scary one...and the Habs collect points in a 6th straight game with their first win on home ice since November 19th. Random thoughts:

-I missed Emelin every time Campoli was out there.

-Kaberle helps the PP a lot. There is way more puck movement and he always seems to find an open man in scoring position.

-The MaxPac-DD-Cole line is a treat to watch. I liked when Cole drove the net twice in two shifts in the third. DD is a magician with the puck. He MUST have a third eye somewhere in the back of his head to find all these passing lanes.

Administrator

Default Islanders 3, Canadiens 5

This is a tough game to evaluate from a global point of view. It was a mixed bag in all areas. The game featured a lot of speed and intensity from both teams to go with some pretty disorganized play at various times during the game. I'll try to make sense of everything.

Tonight's game puck goes to Erik Cole. The guy is outstanding. He had a goal along with six shots and six hits. He also drew a penalty or two. It's been a long time since the Habs have had a player who impacts the overall game in such a big way. He isn't an elite player but his effort is consistent and his impact is very positive.

I want to bash Mike Cammalleri again but as b0ndon points out his assist tonight gives him five points in the last six games. Imagine if he tried harder? He still turns the puck way too much which makes things difficult for his linemates (Plekanec and Kostitsyn) to get going.

A trio of unlikely scorers were big contributors to the victory as Mathieu Darche (2nd), Petteri Nokelainen (2nd) and Hal Gill (1st) chipped in goals. The goals by Darche and Nokelanen were shots from far that Al Montoya should have stopped.

The team managed to not blow a lead for the second straight game but they still get caught in their own zone way too often. Adding Chris Campoli to the lineup should have helped in this regard but it did not. Too many turnovers (especially PK Subban) on what should be easy clearing attempts.

Campoli had a solid game overall playing next to Tomas Kaberle. Campoli has some very underrated speed which is a helpful addition. Kaberle added another assist tonight. Both played about 16 minutes.

David Desharnais had a great game alongside Cole and Max Pacioretty. He chipped in two assists.