Page 590 of 606 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 580 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 600 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

The Great One

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Thanks Axe. Man I really don’t know on Bergevin. He’s been so all over the place and ultimately the results aren’t there. But he seems to be Teflon coated. I would personally like to see him go. This team needs a fresh start.

I think Ducharme is gone. He was thrown into an impossible situation. But he’s been Julien2.0. If he adjusts and the Habs win another game or two here or somehow miraculously pull this series out (not going to happen) he might get another shot next year. But that’ll only be if Bergevin stays. If Molson decides to fire Bergevin I think Ducharme is toast.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah, I don't know who would be leaving MTL in those trades, they do have some picks this yr (2nds, 2 3rds, 3 4ths) but I don't know if the team would part with a 2nd for those players listed. More or less, I don't know if the team would part with it, especially if there's a new GM involved.

The issue might just be how the team is actually built and not the lack of anything. The team is built with Danault as a C2, top players are all the same position (RW), and the D are all the same type. If the goal is to make it to the playoffs, they don't need much to adjust, if the goals to win a cup...this roster might not be able to even in career yrs.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Maybe rose colored glasses here, but I think the team just stands pats.

May need to do something about Danault and Tatar leaving, but other than that I think you let the young guys season a bit more.

Caufield, Suzuki, KK, Romanov, Evans, they just need minutes.

TT, Anderson, Drouin, Gallagher are what they are and the young guys can compliment them.

I think Drouin not being in the line up is clearly showing these playoffs.

Armia, Lehkonen, Byron are all expendable in my mind, but they are the filler pieces we have and play fairy well in the depth role, if they are asked to do more that's when there's a problem.

Weber is getting slower by the minute, but I'm happy with Petry, Chariot & Edmundson.

Heck even Merril has been good so far.

Price and Allen need to follow the Rask and Halak model....Price just need to stay healthy.

This team just needs time and Weber is the only player with a time limit in my mind.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sage

Weber is an issue. Big contract for the amount of minutes he can put in before being tired. I really want them to move on.
    Set lines would also be nice.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Contract structure of the team isn't in the best situation. The top paid guys are aging, paid for their current role but their production isn't at that level.

Weber, Gallagher, Anderson, Price, are all paid either above their role, or for their role but their talent or skill set doesn't fit that role anymore. And then their best player of the yr was Petry and he gets a pay raise and turns 34.

Honestly, they extended or signed guys to deals like they won the cup and were giving the "post cup handouts" teams do. But they didn't win anything. Is Gallagher really a 6.5mill guy? He's 100% an NHLer, but what Stanley Cup team has him in their lineup producing to the price tag? He's getting paid just south of Nylander, Point, MaxPac, but no where near their production really. Josh Anderson does well, but he is a 0.5ppg player getting paid 5.5mill! Toffoli just had a career yr, he shot 17.7%, his normal shooting percentage of between 10-12 would have him at 16-19g instead of 28g.

They aren't in a massive hole with deals. But they are at a crossroad of, "are we here to compete" or "are we here to win" because right now, they've set themselves up with the first scenario.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    in general im of the belief that pure talent is more important than 'depth' or even-ness of the lines. a good team will have a clear top line, a second line that is practically a first line on an average team, a third line that has the possession metrics of a decent second line and a 4th line that acts like a third line. there is surplus value on each line and at worst should be even up vs every opponent even a good one.

if you run out 4 lines that are roughly even, to get that same value youd need all 4 of them to be at least a solid second line as 1/4 of the lines will lose to the other top line, 2/4 will be even-ish up and 1/4 will only dominate the opposing 4th line...if they even play. this even lines team can beat up on weaker teams, but should lose to good teams.

it is extremely difficult to sustain all 4 lines playing at a second line pace for an extended period of time. in addition, role players typically do not play as well in the road for various reasons as they need at least some momentum going their way to be productive. players of top line ilk should be able to score regardless of the game situation, especially so when they're able to score against the flow of the game. these teams will win games they didnt 'deserve' to win which youll need a few times during the season including the playoffs.

i predicted in one of the threads at the beginning of the season that the 4 North playoff teams will be Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton and Vancouver as they have the top-end part of their lineup figured out and just need to work out their depth. I believed Montreal would miss. Vancouver had too many injuries so Montreal is currently in that spot right now but man they dont look good cause they dont know who to count on in crunch time other than probably Toffoli.
    im not a fan but i posted this a few weeks ago and i believe it still applies to why montreal is struggling (and any mediocre team for that matter).

gotta star chase but its difficult to do so without high picks aka sucking
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Star

i must say the Habs are currently accomplishing the difficult to sustain '4 second lines going at once' from my post above.

i dont imagine itll be enough to defeat COL/VGK but i certainly wont rule out Carey when hes hot

The Great One

The underlying stats quite clearly show that the Suzuki/Caufield/Toffoli line is performing at significantly better than a "2nd line" rate.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Star

as described in my larger post, i wouldnt qualify the suzuki line as a 'clear top line' as their production so far is of a second line. suzuki has 8 pts in 11 gp and caulfield has 4 pts in 9 gp. underlying metrics may indicate they deserve better production but i think we can agree their next opponent will be tougher than a scheifele-less winnipeg

then you have lines dominating like the mackinnon or kucherov line with crazy numbers. i cant put suzuki and co in the same breath yet.

The Great One

as described in my larger post, i wouldnt qualify the suzuki line as a 'clear top line' as their production so far is of a second line. suzuki has 8 pts in 11 gp and caulfield has 4 pts in 9 gp. underlying metrics may indicate they deserve better production but i think we can agree their next opponent will be tougher than a scheifele-less winnipeg

then you have lines dominating like the mackinnon or kucherov line with crazy numbers. i cant put suzuki and co in the same breath yet.
    I see what you're saying and I do agree - they don't have a line that has posted points at an elite level like the Avs and Lightning. The Leafs had that going into the playoffs. The Knights don't. The Isles don't. Lots of ways to skin the cat. It's going to be fun the rest of the way...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Sage

It's actually pretty cool that teams haven't played each other and it's a mystery. Especially in regards to CDN division.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I see what you're saying and I do agree - they don't have a line that has posted points at an elite level like the Avs and Lightning. The Leafs had that going into the playoffs. The Knights don't. The Isles don't. Lots of ways to skin the cat. It's going to be fun the rest of the way...
    indeed, i can definitely acknowledge i have a bit of a blind spot and underestimate teams that grind their way to wins like the islanders. in most scenarios, it is overestimating the 'clear top line' like matthews/marner when they get shutdown enough by a 'second line' like the Danault line allowing the habs depth to thrive or the team really does have multiple solid scoring lines like the Barzal and Nelson line.

that being said for the most part the eventual champion ends up being the most talented team that year like TB last season. we'll see how it goes, im still gonna bet against the habs in their upcoming series haha

The Great One

indeed, i can definitely acknowledge i have a bit of a blind spot and underestimate teams that grind their way to wins like the islanders. in most scenarios, it is overestimating the 'clear top line' like matthews/marner when they get shutdown enough by a 'second line' like the Danault line allowing the habs depth to thrive or the team really does have multiple solid scoring lines like the Barzal and Nelson line.

that being said for the most part the eventual champion ends up being the most talented team that year like TB last season. we'll see how it goes, im still gonna bet against the habs in their upcoming series haha
    I'm with you. I would not put $$ on them either. But I am a completely biased Habs fan. I'll call it extremely guarded optimism regarding their chances against Vegas or Colorado. Given the choice I really don't know which would be the better match up for the Habs. Maybe Colorado as they are more of a one line teams than Vegas. Meh - either team is scary good and not a good match-up.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I'm with you. I would not put $$ on them either. But I am a completely biased Habs fan. I'll call it extremely guarded optimism regarding their chances against Vegas or Colorado. Given the choice I really don't know which would be the better match up for the Habs. Maybe Colorado as they are more of a one line teams than Vegas. Meh - either team is scary good and not a good match-up.
    one thing im certain of above all else in hockey. 'if the goalie makes all of the saves, theyll win each game 1-0.....eventually' haha

carey can definitely be that guy!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Stick taps all around to this team.

This team was the very essence of team work.

They worked as a unit and played great system hockey, with excellent scoring off the rush.

Unfortunately, they ran into an exact play style of their team, but with much more skill, size and speed.

The best team won last night.

I'm excited for the future of our younger players, and even more so to see how they all mesh together with our existing core.

We saw glimpses of greatness.

I'm sure we'll hear about all things the Canadiens did wrong over the next couple of months from the media and the sports pundits, but I'm proud of my team.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster