Page 559 of 606 FirstFirst ... 59 459 509 549 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 569 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

There is no point in using the cap space just to use it. I'd rather wait until we can use it effectively, as opposed to warding it on a Karl Alzner, Milan Lucic type of contract.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    There is no point in using the cap space just to use it. I'd rather wait until we can use it effectively, as opposed to warding it on a Karl Alzner, Milan Lucic type of contract.
    Bergevin has been waiting for like a decade to use the cap space effectively. Meanwhile other GMs find ways to use their cap space effectively.

I do agree with you though, don't make a dumb move just to use up cap space.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Right - make the BETTER is the operative word. What kind of idiot wastes cap space on Karl Alzer?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

How does Price not get an assist on that Domi winner last night ? !

Administrator

Crazy to see Chiarot getting top-pairing minutes at 28 when he's been a depth D his whole career. He's also on pace to shatter his career-highs in points and SOG. Plus he's faring well in some of the advanced stats.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    How does Price not get an assist on that Domi winner last night ? !
    Because making a save doesn’t count as a pass. Lame but it isn’t and shouldn’t be an assist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Crazy to see Chiarot getting top-pairing minutes at 28 when he's been a depth D his whole career. He's also on pace to shatter his career-highs in points and SOG. Plus he's faring well in some of the advanced stats.
    Julien and Weber I guess.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Padawan

[QUOTE=tweetdrivr;2031475]Because making a save doesn’t count as a pass. Lame but it isn’t and shouldn’t be an assist.

Oh, ok. Good to know.
    Weird tho. I've seen far less worthy assists awarded. e.g. Puck hits a forward in the rear, goes to a teammate and he tucks it in. Assist granted.
    And yet on this play - Price looked like he directed that rebound directly to Domi. Unassisted.

Dobber Sports Titan

[QUOTE=Auston'sWilly;2031500]
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Because making a save doesn’t count as a pass. Lame but it isn’t and shouldn’t be an assist.

Oh, ok. Good to know.
    Weird tho. I've seen far less worthy assists awarded. e.g. Puck hits a forward in the rear, goes to a teammate and he tucks it in. Assist granted.
    And yet on this play - Price looked like he directed that rebound directly to Domi. Unassisted.
    I think it's based on the definition of passes. Goalies making a save don't count as passes, but if you have Player A pass the puck to Player B who deflects it with a skate to Player C who puts the puck in the net, shouldn't all three players get a point there? And then where do you draw the line for when Player B's deflection doesn't warrant an assist. And if deflection goals count, shouldn't deflected assists? It's a bit of a messy rabbit hole, but I understand on the goalie end that they're just sticking with the black and white that a save can't count as an assist.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

If it's meant to be an assist they'll change it because they change stats after the fact all the time

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

I think it's based on the definition of passes. Goalies making a save don't count as passes, but if you have Player A pass the puck to Player B who deflects it with a skate to Player C who puts the puck in the net, shouldn't all three players get a point there? And then where do you draw the line for when Player B's deflection doesn't warrant an assist. And if deflection goals count, shouldn't deflected assists? It's a bit of a messy rabbit hole, but I understand on the goalie end that they're just sticking with the black and white that a save can't count as an assist.
    I think for this reason that's why the rulebook just says "touches" - it doesn't distinguish between passes or intent.
    I can't find anything in the rulebook that nullifies Price's assist last night. He last touched it before Domi did, who scored.

Rule 78.3 Crediting Assists - When a player scores a goal, an “assist” shall be credited to the player or players (maximum two) who touch the puck prior to the goal scorer provided no defender plays or has control of the puck subsequently. Each “assist” shall count one point in the player’s record. Only one point can be credited to any one player on a goal.

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf

Dobber Sports Stud

I've always liked Chiarot's game in Winnipeg, I thought he was a fantastic complimentary piece playing alongside Byfuglien.
    At 3.5M, I told several skeptical friends that this was an underrated signing.
    He's intimidating in his own zone, and frankly his mobility is good + he moves the puck well.
    This is a legit top-4 dman, maybe top-3. As useful as Petry imo.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

We'll see if it lasts long-term. If he doesn't hold up the team is in trouble. They need him so badly.

The Great One

We'll see if it lasts long-term. If he doesn't hold up the team is in trouble. They need him so badly.
    He’s playing too many minutes. He’s not going to hold up. The Habs need another NHL level left D or this barley tetering playoff house of cards is coming down in spectacular fashion. Bergevin’s complete inaction must mean that Molson has told him his job is safe no matter what. Which is dumb.

The odd man rushes killed them again tonight. Granted they got schooled by the best player in the world. Price didn’t have a chance on any of the 4 goals.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Sage

I mean if Price doesn't make the save then the puck goes in the net and Domi would never of had the chance to score. Seems like an assist to me.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Great One

I’m an official scorekeeper for the ECHL Rapid City Rush and that’s not an assist in my book.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: