Page 498 of 606 FirstFirst ... 398 448 488 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 508 548 598 ... LastLast
Results 7,456 to 7,470 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Absolutely. What a crock. Seriously, if this happens Bergevin...well he still totally sucks at his job. But this is just stupid. I hope it isn’t true.
    I'm actually OK with Plekanec, as long as its salary and its usage remain limited.
    As a 3rd/4th line centre, he is serviceable and he can take some more difficult assignments.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    I'm actually OK with Plekanec, as long as its salary and its usage remain limited.
    As a 3rd/4th line centre, he is serviceable and he can take some more difficult assignments.
    For me this is why the Canadiens are not good. Too many “serviceable” guys who are “solid” 3rd or 4th liners. The NHL has left that notion behind. Teams that win have 4 lines that can skate. The Habs have shown a complete inability to develop younger players due in large part to giving the ice time to safe-bet veterans. The kids make one mistake and they get stapled to the bench in favor of “serviceable”. Let the kids play. I’d much rather see De La Rose get those minutes. If you’re going to lose either way let the young guys get the experience. The Habs stifle creativity and discourage risk. One need look no further than the crap show Subban-Weber trade to see that.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

Apparently the Habs are trying to sign Xavier Ouellet. Whatever. Might make RDS/TVA happy for a couple hours.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

There's a few other French FAs available for the Habs to chase:

Antoine Roussel
    Antoine Vermette
    David Perron
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

If they want a 2010 reunion the following are UFA:

Tomas Plekanec
    Jaroslav Halak
    Josh Gorges

- - - Updated - - -

If they want a 2010 reunion the following are UFA:

Tomas Plekanec
    Jaroslav Halak
    Josh Gorges

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

They should definitely bring Plekanec back. Cheap centre who can fill that 3rd spot and bring some calm to the defensive matchups. I doubt he gets a huge payday and the term will likely be short, which is ideal for a team likely waiting a couple years on its top centre prospects. I much prefer signing Plekanec to a team-friendly deal and continuing to build through the draft rather than overpaying Stastny or Bozak, which could still happen.

Ideally they sign Plekanec and avoid making any big free agent centre signings. Get another top 5 pick, maybe even Jack Hughes next summer.

I'm curious about the shopping around for defenders. The left side obviously needs work but I wonder how they plan on clearing the clutter. Mete, Alzner, Benn, Schlemko, Reilly....Definitely need to upgrade but who's gonna take Benn and Schlemko? Time will tell I guess

I'm actually quite happy with the way things are going right now. Excellent draft -- hopefully that Romanov guy is legit considering how high they took him -- and exercising patience.

Administrator

Again, Plekanec makes no sense. Danault is a C3 and de la Rose C4. Bring in an actual player for the top six.

Because it makes no sense it will likely happen, and Plek will probably be paid more than he is worth.

I'm all for getting ROR if the price is right, but clearly they want Montreal's first rounder again next year and that's a no go.

If this team is ever going to get out of the gutter it needs patience, building through the draft and not making disadvantaged trades for cast off top six centres that will only hurt its draft position.

Drouin-Danault-Plekanec-JDLR

Top 5 pick in the draft and a chance at a Tavares/Eichel level centre in Jack Hughes. Gotta go the patient route.

Administrator

Plekanec has ZERO upside. He's just an old guy. If they go the "patient" route sign a cheaper guy with upside (and something to prove) to play C as a stopgap. I'd rather give a guy like Derek Ryan a chance to produce and get a nice return at the deadline. Plekanec on a 20-point pace won't get that kind of return again.

I'd be alright with Derek Ryan, he can score a few goals and win some faceoffs too. The point I'm making is just that Montreal needs a centre and I'd much they fill the hole with a cheap guy who can be had on a short term. For me 'upside' means what the player's peak looks like and in both Derek Ryan and Plekanec's case, I think that ship has long since sailed. I really doubt Montreal is going to find a centre who is young, has upside and can be had on the cheap.

Also understand what you're saying about Plek and his lack of offence. Watching the Leafs get beat in the first round again this year (hehe) it was really obvious how important he became for them once he was elevated to a primary shutdown role. I think Plekanec gained a lot of respect in that series and Toronto wasn't the only suitor for his services. It wouldn't be a shocker to see him in demand again at the deadline.

Kotkaniemi and Poehling are on the way. I just really hope the team doesn't do anything now that might hold them back later

Also think that with Drouin ideally needing some insulation, having Derek Ryan and Danault doing the heavy lifting could be an even worse situation for the team compared to having Plekanec and his lack of offence. So either one works for me haha

Win jack to win Jack

Administrator

Plekanec will likely be signed as the GM tries to build good will with fans but it's the wrong move. Need to change direction and build assets. A better player could land a good trade at the deadline or could even be a mainstay on the team for a few years. In my example, Ryan is 31. It's reasonable to think he could give the team 4-5 decent years playing multiple positions, making him useful beyond the "re-tooling" window. Who knows, he might help others produce more points and gain confidence in the NHL...

Doesn't have to be him, I just want the team's mentality to change.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Plekanec has ZERO upside. He's just an old guy. If they go the "patient" route sign a cheaper guy with upside (and something to prove) to play C as a stopgap. I'd rather give a guy like Derek Ryan a chance to produce and get a nice return at the deadline. Plekanec on a 20-point pace won't get that kind of return again.
    Yes! Plekanec would be a mistake at any price/term. I would love to see Sastny come play here for a few years. I agree we should not trade picks and prospects for O’Reilly. Heck I’d even take the last year of Spezza’s contract off the Stars hands if they could get a good pick/prospect in the deal. I’ve watched Spezza play in person a couple of times over the last two seasons and he’s still a decent player.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Yeah I would love to see them get in on a cap space kind of deal. Winnipeg really wants to get rid of Steve Mason's $4.1mill, Chicago has Hossa, Dallas has Spezza etc.

I still can't believe Buffalo got Sheary for a 3rd or 4th pick

Dobber Sports Deity

Sounds like Stastny is returning to WPG. The Habs could have used him but probably dodged a bullet because they would have overpaid him I'd imagine.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."