Page 491 of 606 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 501 541 591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Just to further highlight the problems at C, check out the new Frozen Tools Depth Chart page
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...epthcharts.php

As with any other source for position listings, lots of players who are longtime wingers still get the 'C' label. Still, the Habs have just three under their team. Almost every other team has seven or more listed. It just made me laugh a bit when of course there's a bunch of white space in the under 'C' for the Habs.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

That's because Galchenyuk and Shaw are listed as wingers.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Apparently Lars Eller is a pretty decent depth center. 11pts In 14 games thus far in the playoffs - he’s really done a nice job easing the loss of Backstrom. I guess our center depth was looking so good we swapped him for an 88.3% chance to draft a 4th liner...twice. Sounds about right for Ol’ Bergie.
    *sigh*
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

I'm no longer a fan of GMs making big signings on July 1st so here is a short list of players I don't see getting huge money but they're guys I'd give a chance to on my team. Some are young players that need one last chance, others are potential deadline bait. No home runs here because that's not the point of July 1st.

Derek Ryan
    Antoine Vermette
    Scott Hartnell
    Curtis McKenzie
    Austin Czarnik

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Well, I think these are the only feasible options:

1. The Canes pass on Svechnikov and the 2nd best prospect falls to the Habs; they take him.
    2. The Habs take the consensus choice in Zadina.
    3. The Habs take a gamble and select Tkachuk based on bloodlines, scoring ability, and the notion they want to get bigger and stronger. Tkachuk is Shayne Corson 2.0 or better.
    4. The Habs address D and go for the swift-skating Hughes, the dynamic Boqvist, or the heavy-handed Bouchard.
    5. The Habs trade down a few spots and take a D plus add a future 1st or additional 2nd in the draft.
    6. The Habs move the pick for a youngish, "proven" center (Nugent-Hopkins type).

Unfortunately, they need to make this call before they can test free agency and target particular players.
    I mean, say after taking Dahlin, Buffalo wants to make a huge splash and unite WJ standouts Mittelstadt and Tkachuk, so they offer Montreal ...

Pick 32
    Sam Reinhart
    Marco Scandella
    Cliff Pu

... does Bergevin turn that down?
    The Habs have notoriously drafted well in the 2nd round but not so much in the 1st, recently. They also pick 35 and 38, so they could really clean up early in the 2nd round.

As for the Sabres, could you imagine a young core of ...

Eichel
    Mittelstadt
    Tkachuk
    Nylander
    Dahlin
    Ristolainen

That's sweetness.
    NYI fit this bill for bold moves. #3 for #11 & #12 - allows Montreal to draft Veleno & Hayton or a C and nab a Dman as well. Makes a lot of sense based on Montreal's desperate need at C
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Former Hab David Desharnais will play in the KHL next year.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    NYI fit this bill for bold moves. #3 for #11 & #12 - allows Montreal to draft Veleno & Hayton or a C and nab a Dman as well. Makes a lot of sense based on Montreal's desperate need at C
    Does make sense, especially if there is more involved. The Habs need something to show for next year though - a top 3 pick fits that bill. I know the Habs have had a man crush on Nick Leddy for years, so maybe something around ...

3+MaxPac

for

11+12+Leddy+DalColle?

Isles give Pulock more responsibility, add a sniper in Pax and another top-end forward in Zadina, Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.
    Habs get a much needed Top-4 D in Leddy and can draft to improve their center ice. DalColle is a scratch off lottery ticket.

Dobber Sports Stud

Never say never, but when was the last time a top 3 pick was traded away? Big risk of looking foolish down the road.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Never say never, but when was the last time a top 3 pick was traded away? Big risk of looking foolish down the road.
    We never thought Subban would get traded...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    We never thought Subban would get traded...
    I literally ruined my vacation that year by frantically checking my phone every five minutes because I was worried he would be traded before the no trade clause kicked in. I finally learned of trade at the airport during a transfer on my return home. That was JFK moment. Thanks for bringing it up...

Anyhoo, not impossible they trade down, but I think the more likely move is packaging a couple of those second round picks to acquire a late first round pick.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I literally ruined my vacation that year by frantically checking my phone every five minutes because I was worried he would be traded before the no trade clause kicked in. I finally learned of trade at the airport during a transfer on my return home. That was JFK moment. Thanks for bringing it up...

Anyhoo, not impossible they trade down, but I think the more likely move is packaging a couple of those second round picks to acquire a late first round pick.
    I agree with this.

Bergevin looked pretty decided about keeping that 3rd pick. About that Subban trade: he was way less convincing in the days leading to the trade.
    Personally, I don't see the 11th and the 12th being enough. It's right about where the talent drops in the draft.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Guru

There's been some rumours that Carolina is looking to trade that #2 pick. Not sure what it would take, but it would be nice if the Habs could offer something and get both guys.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Does make sense, especially if there is more involved. The Habs need something to show for next year though - a top 3 pick fits that bill. I know the Habs have had a man crush on Nick Leddy for years, so maybe something around ...

3+MaxPac

for

11+12+Leddy+DalColle?

Isles give Pulock more responsibility, add a sniper in Pax and another top-end forward in Zadina, Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.
    Habs get a much needed Top-4 D in Leddy and can draft to improve their center ice. DalColle is a scratch off lottery ticket.
    makes a lot of sense... Snow having those two picks just screams huge move coming. I mean, it's Snow! There's absolutely no way he stands pat.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

With Ducharme and now Bouchard hired, there will be some new and refreshing ideas within in the organization.
    Can't be a bad thing for Julien too. He will have to deliver as a coach with these two in the fold.
    Good moves to scoop these talented minds, let's see what the Habs do with their on-ice problems now.

- - - Updated - - -

With Ducharme and now Bouchard hired, there will be some new and refreshing ideas within in the organization.
    Can't be a bad thing for Julien too. He will have to deliver as a coach with these two in the fold.
    Good moves to scoop these talented minds, let's see what the Habs do with their on-ice problems now.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hope you're right. I really want to believe.

As has been stated ad nauseum on these boards, one of the biggest problems that has plagued the Habs for as long as we can remember is poor player development. Bouchard will have his hands full with turning around that AHL roster, but maybe, just maybe, this represents a shift towards using the Laval squad for development like the Marlies and Moose have done in recent years.

Who knows...
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry