Page 481 of 606 FirstFirst ... 381 431 471 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 491 531 581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

They actually played a really good game yesterday against Boston.. Niemi was stellar yet again.. But they were shutting down the B's for the most part.. Playing physical and staying in their lanes.. Just too many foolish penalties..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Habs need to stop picking up points. They have points in each of their last seven games (10 of of a possible 14).
    Exactly ! They will finish last top 10 instead of last 3, and will loose a great pick.

What I see right now, is that young guys want to prove themselves (Niemi is not young ), and there is some talent there. They really need a top C, Weber and Price playing at their top level, and I think they could be goog again.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the fact that Juulsen, Mete and Reilly are playing meaningful minutes.
    The Habs are playing better of late and it's not a coincidence imo... at last some dmen who can skate the puck / execute a zone exit.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

The fact the games mean nothing also helps. There's no real expectations.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The fact the games mean nothing also helps. There's no real expectations.
    And other teams likely aren't playing at 100% against them either. Definitely a good opportunity to have a good look at what you've got in the system.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    And other teams likely aren't playing at 100% against them either. Definitely a good opportunity to have a good look at what you've got in the system.
    Should be a good time to drop in the standings and enhance that chance at the lottery!!

Administrator

After looking at the roster I don't think it's going to be a very eventful offseason without some trades being made first to free some roster spots. They basically have a full (shitty) roster signed for next year already. Even if Pacioretty is dealt he's likely going to bring another roster guy (potentially more) in return, limiting team flexibility in July. I'm thinking one big trade (Pacioretty) and just one noteworthy signing. Otherwise I'm expecting status quo.

After looking at the roster I don't think it's going to be a very eventful offseason without some trades being made first to free some roster spots. They basically have a full (shitty) roster signed for next year already.
    Serious question: would this team be in a playoff spot if they still had Subban and Radulov?? Where else have they gone wrong here??

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Serious question: would this team be in a playoff spot if they still had Subban and Radulov?? Where else have they gone wrong here??
    If you look at their decisions in a vacuum they're mostly alright. Some mistakes but at least a case could be made for going the route they've gone. The problem is the big picture. The team has a ton of wingers and immobile/unskilled dmen. They've played most of the year with just one natural NHL center. When Danault was injured there was just Plekanec, now there's just Danault.

Analogy: It's sort of like building a fantasy roto team. You have to find a good mix. Habs are falling short in a lot of categories.

If you look at their decisions in a vacuum they're mostly alright. Some mistakes but at least a case could be made for going the route they've gone. The problem is the big picture. The team has a ton of wingers and immobile/unskilled dmen. They've played most of the year with just one natural NHL center. When Danault was injured there was just Plekanec, now there's just Danault.

Analogy: It's sort of like building a fantasy roto team. You have to find a good mix. Habs are falling short in a lot of categories.
    Do you feel as though the GM and the scouts should be fired??

Administrator

The GM's results show he needs to go. The new guy might overhaul the scouting department.

Administrator

Mete and Pacioretty out 6 weeks, which takes them past the end of the season.

Mete and Pacioretty out 6 weeks, which takes them past the end of the season.
    Out?? Both are injured??

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Out?? Both are injured??
    Mete will be out of the lineup for six weeks with a fractured finger.

Analysis:Barring a strong run of wins by his teammates, Mete's season is likely over as he won't be back until the postseason has begun -- and the Habs are a long shot to make the playoffs. Prior to getting hurt, the defenseman was bogged down in an 11-game pointless streak, during which he managed a mere eight shots, 16 blocks and two PIM. In the meantime, Jordie Benn figures to continue deputizing in Mete's stead.

Pacioretty will be out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury, the team announced Monday.

Analysis:Even on the short end of the projected timeline, Pacioretty would return for just the final few games of the regular season. Considering the Habs are all but eliminated from the playoffs, it's hard to imagine the team will want to put the veteran out on the ice in a few meaningless contests -- instead letting him focus on getting ready for the 2018-19 campaign. In the meantime, Nikita Scherbak figures to see the biggest uptick in ice time with Pacioretty sidelined.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

What a horrible year and an even worse finish for Pacioretty.. I wonder if this will hurt Pacioretty's trade value this summer or not??