Page 442 of 606 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 452 492 542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Yeah that cap space will become handy at the trade deadline or next summer...

But it doesn't make sense to have so much money to spend when you're supposed to be all-in.
    It just shows you how MB came out of this summer empty-handed, because he tried to play hardball with both Radulov and Markov.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

I wonder if Dwight King's KHL deal has an out clause...?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Only substantial way to use up that cap space to benefit the roster is to package some higher-value players on ELC's for a better contributor.

only one that really comes to mind is Lehkonen. Add him to a contract like Galchenyuk's and it could be attractive enough for a big star.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Yeah that cap space will become handy at the trade deadline or next summer...

But it doesn't make sense to have so much money to spend when you're supposed to be all-in.
    It just shows you how MB came out of this summer empty-handed, because he tried to play hardball with both Radulov and Markov.
    Bergevin failed when he signed Alzner. That money should have gone directly to Radulov and Markov. Alzner was not a need for the Habs. A top9 of Pacioretty,Galchenyuk,Drouin,Radulov,Gallagher,Lek honen,Plekanec,Danault,Shaw would have made the Habs serious contenders IMO.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Master

Bergevin failed when he became Bergevin. He sealed his fate when he traded PK.

I had such high hopes when the Habs hired Bergevin.. seemingly a no-nonsense guy who would focus on a proper rebuild, starting with Galchenyuk.. Instead, he has loaded the team up with Dale Weises and Steve Otts while unloading puck-moving talent..

This has to be his last year if the Habs fail to live up to anything.. With this roster, they'll be in tough. Even with a great goalie and great coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I had such high hopes when the Habs hired Bergevin.. seemingly a no-nonsense guy who would focus on a proper rebuild, starting with Galchenyuk.. Instead, he has loaded the team up with Dale Weises and Steve Otts while unloading puck-moving talent..

This has to be his last year if the Habs fail to live up to anything.. With this roster, they'll be in tough. Even with a great goalie and great coach.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

The Habs are basically the next Canucks or Red Wings but they might be even more in a cap hell than the Wings with so much money going to Price and Weber. As much as I love Price and think he's the best goaltender in the world, I wouldn't touch his contract with a ten foot pole.

The redflags with Bergevin had been there for a while, even before the Subban trade. His contract negotiation with Subban (that bridge deal when he first started showed how he value/respected PK). The way he would constantly lie to the media. His focus on grit and size when he league has been going the "speed and skill" direction. His non-stop defense of Michel Therrien when it was really obvious by watching the Habs that this team had no structure and was being saved night in and night out by Price.

You're right that when we are going to look back at his tenure, he's going to end up close to Rejean Houle in the Habs GM Power Ranking.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    The Habs are basically the next Canucks or Red Wings but they might be even more in a cap hell than the Wings with so much money going to Price and Weber. As much as I love Price and think he's the best goaltender in the world, I wouldn't touch his contract with a ten foot pole.
    Canucks... They are for sure the next Canucks.. though without making a Cup final.. At least the Wings won a bunch and made a bunch of finals in exchange for their current mediocrity.. What reason do the Habs have?
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Gelinas gets PTO from Habs, likely to be farm depth.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Gelinas gets PTO from Habs, likely to be farm depth.
    I got mine in the mail yesterday.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Administrator

Now the debate is whether Drouin should play center or wing. Here we go again...

Dobber Sports Stud

Now the debate is whether Drouin should play center or wing. Here we go again...

Oh boy... we'll never see the end of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy... we'll never see the end of this.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Guru

So, the Habs need scoring. Have $9 million in cap space. Pastrnak is a RFA. Why not offer him a $7 million deal (or $6 million times six)? They'd lose a first, second and third rounder. Screw over the Bruins and get a top goalscorer.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Expert

The Bruins would match and ud piss off alot of people in the process.

Administrator

Regardless of the logic GMs just don't do it. It helps keep the RFA market under control.

Dobber Sports Giant

FYI, it's a great time to get a Habs jersey from Tricolore Sports since they recently dropped the Reebok ones down to $69.99!!

Adidas is coming in with the new model in a few weeks so the Reebok gear has to go I assume;

https://www.tricoloresports.com/us/r...-homme-20.html
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay