Page 437 of 607 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 447 487 537 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,555 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Anyone else worried about Radulov/Markov/Galchenyuk signings? $15 million in cap space left, but I am unsure if the Habs are still looking for a centre and a dman.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

When teams have key signings to make during the offseason it can be tough for them to make other moves until they get resolved because they don't know what type of cap situation they are in. Can't imagine Radulov is the easiest guy to deal with either, but maybe I am wrong.

Dobber Sports Stud

Assuming Galch stays, I don't see the need for Radulov.

Drouin, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Lehkonen and Byron gives you 6 capable wingers in the top 9, assuming Shaw plays C. And hopefully, Galch can actually play C ans Shaw moves to W on the 3rd line.

That money is best spent on Markov IMO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Markov is like 38 years old. At what point is he going to start declining? I'd be pretty hesitant to just ditch the team's top 3 offensive threat that easily.

Dobber Sports Master

Holy boy I leave for 2 days and this team looks so different, or does it....? I never thought Price would sign long-term, but money is money and term is term, I guess. Contract for life essentially. Rads did the same thing, chasing income security and as a hockey player, why wouldn't you? Patter with why he bolted for the KHL in his early 20s. Hemsky is finished but he has more individual skill than three quarters of the roster.

Anyone like the Alzner signing as much as me? We needed a real NHL shut down guy after Weber and I feel like this is it... I still feel like this team would look better as-is with Subban on it instead of Weber but hey, politics.

I still can't believe Price signed. I would have walked for a more western destination...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Holy boy I leave for 2 days and this team looks so different, or does it....? I never thought Price would sign long-term, but money is money and term is term, I guess. Contract for life essentially. Rads did the same thing, chasing income security and as a hockey player, why wouldn't you? Patter with why he bolted for the KHL in his early 20s. Hemsky is finished but he has more individual skill than three quarters of the roster.

Anyone like the Alzner signing as much as me? We needed a real NHL shut down guy after Weber and I feel like this is it... I still feel like this team would look better as-is with Subban on it instead of Weber but hey, politics.

I still can't believe Price signed. I would have walked for a more western destination...
    The Alzner contract is much more reasonable than what I was expecting. Only 5 years and only $4.625M? I thought he'd get 7 years and closer to $6M.

Administrator

Signing Hemsky as a response for Radulov leaving is comical. Makes me miss Dale Weise.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Guru

Being reported that Markov is currently talking to one team: Philly.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Being reported that Markov is currently talking to one team: Philly.
    I applaud the media for showing restraint and not adding Toronto to the mix by default.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Markov leaving is a bigger blow than Radulov, at least for this upcoming season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

From habs eyes on the prize about the development camp.

The first thing that stood out to me is that Nikita Scherbak was the most talented player on the ice. He just looked better than everyone else. However, there were times when he tried to do too much and that ended with him turning the puck over. But Jake Evans and Scherbak were a dynamic duo almost every time they were on the ice.

They both had several scoring chances and created two-on-one rushes throughout the game. Scherbak also helped Evans draw a penalty with a pass that led him on a rush, but Evans was hauled down. The fact that Evans, a 2014 seventh-round pick, didn’t look out of place confirms my thought that he’s among the top forward prospects in the organization
    https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/p...erbak-poehling
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Guru

Weird, because on talk radio today they were saying Scherbak looked disinterested and didn't have a good camp.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Weird, because on talk radio today they were saying Scherbak looked disinterested and didn't have a good camp.
    Some people seem to think Joni Ikonen was more impressive then Scherbak during that camp.

Administrator

An alternative take on Hemsky which does not align with my own views (I'm not a Hemsky fan at all):

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/1...l-free-agency/

Something to think about...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have mixed feelings about Hemsky.

When I watched him when he was in Ottawa he was great, but he wasn't anything special in Dallas.

If he can stay healthy I think he'll be ok.

After Patch, Drouin, Galchenyuk, and maybe Danault our top 6 is gonna be a revolving door.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster