Page 430 of 607 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 440 480 530 ... LastLast
Results 6,436 to 6,450 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Not a fan of the Beaulieu deal at all, even if it is for the expansion draft. I actually find him pretty good. He was managed so poorly by the coaches. One mistake and he gets glued to the bench while Emelin could make dozens of mistakes and log 20+ minutes every game.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Here's my issue with the Beaulieu trade.

They move Beaulieu and get nothing meaningful in return, and now Hudon likely goes to Vegas. Alternatively they could expose both, let Vegas pick one and give the other a shot on the team in October. Now it's looking like they'll lose both and only have a 3rd to show for it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Here's my issue with the Beaulieu trade.

They move Beaulieu and get nothing meaningful in return, and now Hudon likely goes to Vegas. Alternatively they could expose both, let Vegas pick one and give the other a shot on the team in October. Now it's looking like they'll lose both and only have a 3rd to show for it.
    I'm thinking they moved Beaulieu to avoid Vegas picking him instead of Pleky or Emelin. Now that he's gone, they can use an extra incentive to convince Vegas to pick one of the 2 since there is a dropoff in talent when comparing Hudon vs one of Plekanec/Emelin.

I guess we will find out soon enough but as I said in another thread, I'm sure this move was to force Vegas to pick the player of Bergevin's choice so that a few other key moves can happen since it will free up $4-6 mil. in cap space.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

If Vegas wants Plek or Emelin then this might actually work out but I doubt it barring some kind of major compensation (ie more than they received for Beaulieu).

Dobber Sports Giant

Not a fan of the Beaulieu deal at all, even if it is for the expansion draft. I actually find him pretty good. He was managed so poorly by the coaches. One mistake and he gets glued to the bench while Emelin could make dozens of mistakes and log 20+ minutes every game.
    I don't think it's as much his on-ice issues as much as his off-ice issues that were concerning for the Habs. I know some first hand stories involving NB that bring back the Higgins, Chipchura, O'Byrne, Kostitsyn(s) and Huet-era feel to them.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Plekanec and a 3rd over Hudon alone... I think it's fair no? Maybe you're right though... they will try to milk the Habs since they know they're in a rut

Minors:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I don't think it's as much his on-ice issues as much as his off-ice issues that were concerning for the Habs. I know some first hand stories involving NB that bring back the Higgins, Chipchura, O'Byrne, Kostitsyn(s) and Huet-era feel to them.
    I get the off-ice part of the equation but I feel MB focuses too much on that end of things and forgets about the on-ice part. After all that's where the games are played.

Dobber Sports Stud

I get the off-ice part of the equation but I feel MB focuses too much on that end of things and forgets about the on-ice part. After all that's where the games are played.
    In fairness, though, we don't really know about the off ice stuff and how serious it is, so it's hard for us to say with certainty that too much focus is being put on it.

Personally, I don't think there was anything too special about Beaulieu on ice. So from that perspective, I think you can replace what he brings fairly easily (with a small drop off maybe), while avoiding the off ice or locker room issues, if that's indeed the case (which I totally think it is).

It's a good point about Hudon, though.

Dobber Sports Giant

Totally agree! This stuff happens everywhere around the NHL. Only problem is that in Montreal, it makes headlines and headlines that aren't about the success on the ice = bad!

Look at Kassian; the guy barely took a shift in the Bleu Blanc Rouge uniform and he got shipped out. He did have to go to rehab and recover from his injuries in between but as soon as the incident happened, the Habs knew they were going to find a way to get rid of him before he "poisoned the other apples".

Minors:

Administrator

History shows us the only "apple" that matters is Carey Price.

Dobber Sports Guru

Any chance Montreal comes up with a deal with Vegas to get someone they want that was exposed from another team?

I'm thinking about someone like Marc Methot or Eric Staal.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Any chance Montreal comes up with a deal with Vegas to get someone they want that was exposed from another team?

What about Dale Weise?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post

Could make sense! If not the Habs, I'm sure that some others teams would look into that type of deal (i.e. A talented player that is exposed that doesn't fit the Vegas game plan but that another team would want and pay for with something that fits within the Knights' system)!

Minors:

Dobber Sports Giant

What about Dale Weise?
    He's still under 30 right? I'd want him as a 4th liner if he could still play like he did a few seasons ago (didn't get to see much of him this past year).

Hehe I know you're kidding though, suggesting Weise, but I used to like his style so I would be OK if they landed him (for cheap).

Minors:

Dobber Sports Guru

From HabsLinks‏:

@HabsLinks
    Pierre Lebrun on @TSN690: "Emelin and Davidson are the two names I've heard connected most to Vegas."
    @HabsLinks
    Lebrun also said #Habs seem content to let expansion draft play out, no side deals to steer Vegas towards picking one player over another.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid