Page 427 of 607 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 437 477 527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Exactly! He was the best of MB's plethora of deals on draft day IMO. I actually believed King would have been a decent depth player but he was just horrible!!
    I compare King's real life value to his fantasy value. I'm in an insanely deep multi-cat league where you would think he would have value as a depth guy, but in the rankings he's awful. He's so meh. And then when he arrived in Montreal his play reflected that. He doesn't really do anything. He's just a big body.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I compare King's real life value to his fantasy value. I'm in a deep multi-cat league where you would think he would have value as a depth guy, but in the rankings he's awful. He's so meh. And then when he arrived in Montreal his play reflected that. He doesn't really do anything. He's just a big body.
    Ya I know but for some reason, especially in the playoffs, he looked like he was all over the place (in a good way) when he was playing in LA.

And then, during this regular season, he was more invisible as a King, but as a Hab, he was exactly as you put it: Meh
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Exactly! He was the best of MB's plethora of deals on draft day IMO. I actually believed King would have been a decent depth player but he was just horrible!!
    I agree he may have been the best player acquired on deadline day, but the cost was Andrighetto who went on to score 16 pts in 19 games for COL. For a team that struggled so much generating offence during the playoffs, that was arguably not a good deal.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I agree he may have been the best player acquired on deadline day, but the cost was Andrighetto who went on to score 16 pts in 19 games for COL. For a team that struggled so much generating offence during the playoffs, that was arguably not a good deal.
    Andrighetto struggled a lot as a Hab though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Habs' biggest problem is in the professional development team. Too many prospects fail. There are stories of great success (Price, Subban and to some extent Patches) but far too many failures, especially with picks in the top half of the draft.

The next problem is the amateur scouting department, who has favoured certain American or WHL players with a certain style over junior stars in their QMJHL backyard who went on to be excellent NHLers.

I really do think the pro development team is broken, and I know it's changed over the years, but the program has not been all that great..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Guys like Hudon, Andrighetto, McCarron, etc do well in the AHL. Integrating these guys at the NHL level is the problem (Therrien).

Dobber Sports Master

Guys like Hudon, Andrighetto, McCarron, etc do well in the AHL. Integrating these guys at the NHL level is the problem (Therrien).
    They do okay, but don't ever dominate by any means. I think the last prospect to dominate the AHL was Subban... and I think their persistent professional development problems precede the preachy pot-belly coach.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

The track records is mediocre for sure and there's plenty of blame to go around (though I'll add Gallagher and potentially Lehkonen to the success stories).

And for sure Andrighetto struggled with the Habs and there's no obviously no guarantee he continues to succeed next season. But it just adds insult to injury. It's not like he figured it out 1/2 year later; he succeeded immediately after being traded.

The team has trouble scoring and what is Bergevin's reaction? Keep Hudon in the AHL and trade Andrighetto. Load up on big bodied fourth liners. Grit, character, blah blah blah bullcrap.

Other teams are moving towards more youth, more speed, more skill and Bergevin is driving in the other direction wondering where the heck everyone else is going.

Dobber Sports Expert

No one will convince me that a 4th line of Hudon-McCarron-Andrighetto would have been worse than the one the Habs had during these playoffs. It's those little edge that make a difference in the end.

The mentality that "he's good on a fourth line" because he hits or checks is killing me, you need production throughout your lineup.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Everything I've been reading seems to indicate Martinsen was only signed to give the team some flexibility with the expansion draft, especially in the even that a forward gets traded

Administrator

A lot of signings are happening for expansion draft flexibility. I like it because it gives these lesser players the security of a contract while also helping the team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Let's all take a deep breath and reminisce about the 1984 draft (with the mega-caveat that scouting and development was completely different, less teams in the league, etc etc). But still...

image1.PNG
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

The Great One

Full Disclosure: non-Habs fan, first-time poster to this thread

With the Drouin acquisition, and the rumors that Galchenyuk will be dealt, likely for a defenseman (e.g., Brodin, Tanev, Barrie, Hamonic), I have to wonder who the Centers will be for Montreal next year. Any thoughts?

There are some Centers on the market (Duchene, Stepan), and I suppose dealing Galchenyuk for one of those makes sense, though rumors are that he will be dealt for a dman.

It seems to me that Montreal has two big needs (a dman and a center) and only one piece to trade (Galchenyuk).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Administrator

I've been called to try out for center.

The Great One

I've been called to try out for center.
    ok...so I take it from that comment that there isn't an obvious solution/plan that I'm unaware of. I was wondering if they were planning to convert Drouin or Hudon to center.

I also heard that Beaulieu might be traded, though I can't imagine he gets much of a return.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Expert

Hudon played centre when he was a Hamilton Bulldog. I'm not sure when he was thrown back on the wing.

Either way, he could be on Vegas this time next week.