Page 12 of 606 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

No major team news today, as the next game is only on Wednesday.

In terms of the reporting done here, I'm always thinking of ways to make things better. Not everyone sees Canadiens' games and come to places like here to get a perspective on the game breakdown. And since this is a general fantasy hockey site I figured it is appropriate to at least include a line or two about something specific about the opposing team in my post-game reports.

For example, yesterday I was very impressed with Kovalchuk. I like his body language and he was involved all game. He was even good defensively as he did a good job covering the point man and was able to pounce on loose and get the puck up ice. Much better than what I had been seeing in prior games.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Significant news: James Wisniewski is expected back in the lineup tomorrow. Hopefully he can help the dead power play.

Administrator

A bit of an incident with PK Subban was reported today. LeTrefle brought it up to me (with link to french article) and there was also a thread on dobberhockey talking about it.

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...ad.php&t=96560

This has been debunked by a few sources, including the Antichambre late-night sports talk show on RDS TV. What I found funny about the story is that if reporters saw the incident, you'd think TSN and RDS would be among those reporters. Yet neither website reported the story. Funny that on SportsCentre tonight they ran a story about Subban joining Hal Gill and his family for dinner at a restaurant.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Significant news: James Wisniewski is expected back in the lineup tomorrow. Hopefully he can help the dead power play.

His absence was sure noticeable, you were spot on with his play while trying to play sick. Any news on Cammalleri, Eric?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by MoreCanadianTeams View Post
    His absence was sure noticeable, you were spot on with his play while trying to play sick. Any news on Cammalleri, Eric?
    No news since reports came out that he might dress this past weekend. I have seen clips of him skating though, he keeps his arm very immobile so my best guess is he will miss the full month-to-six-weeks that he was scheduled to miss initially. In terms of pools I caution against expecting much early because a shoulder injury can take something off a player's shot. And he's a pure shooter so that's a double negative.

Administrator

Default Canadiens 6, Bruins 8

Game Notes:

-This game is nearly impossible to analyze. This was probably the worst collective defensive effort at both ends that I've seen in years. Very little team play tonight. I thought the Bruins acted with a lot of immaturity. Their cheap shots gave the Canadiens some power plays that twice put them back within reach of winning the game. You'd think they would learn their lesson but they kept doing their thing. I get that they were making a statement but that was ridiculous.

-Carey Price was outstanding in the first period. He allowed two goals but did a great job not allowing the lead to be extended. Then things got out of hand after his "fight" with Tim Thomas. He lost focus after that.

-Lars Eller, Andrei Kostitsyn and Scott Gomez did nothing good all night. Gomez was benched during the third (I believe Eller and Kostitsyn were too). The trio was minus-four apiece. As much as Gomez has talent and great wheels, his desire and leadership skills were left somewhere in New Jersey.

-Pacioretty was invisible for most of the game but did pop in two power play goals in the third. He became better after the game got out of hand with all the nonsense.

-James Wisniewski was indeed back and his presence helped create offense. Four power play goals in all after being blanked on the man advantage for the past several games. He was weak on the first goal allowed though.

-Yannick Weber scored his first career goal and added two assists. He's been playing well and the first goal is well deserved.

-David Desharnais was back on the score sheet with a goal and an assist. His ice time was up to 13:45. With the Eller/Gomez/Kostitsyn trio in the doghouse perhaps this hike in ice time will continue for a few games.

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed on the "immaturity" of the Bruins. Most of the scrums and brawls were caused by Bruins cheapshots. Especially at the end of the 1st when Lucic attacked Price, I get that he didnt like Price shoving him but thats what goalies do to clear traffic, Lucic clearly has a bit of an ego problem considering EVERY TIME he gets touched he feels the need to retaliate and take a penalty...unless it's Laraque or an enforcer who's hitting him.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I also agreed on the immaturity of the Bruins.This foolish starts with the Subban hit on Marchand and the Pacierity shove on Chara after the OT win the last game.Another think that I did not like is Price had respect on Thomas and Pouliot also on Krejci.Where was Boston respect none.Our glorieux are not big and can not play a physical game but they do play a mind game and by tonight s game the Bruins had the Canadians on their mind.
    I just hope after this game that our habs will bring them closer.And they keep going to war as a TEAM.if they are ready to get beat on they will keep playing the mind game.

Also after tonight game I hope and do not believe Gauthier will go crazy by trading for a enforcer yes we do need one but play it smart not another Laraque moment please.
    Buckerooooos

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I hope Price doesn't get affected by this game, in the past he had big problems after big goal against games (I.e Van Oct 09 and rookie all star game) after watching that game I hope Gautier gets something for AK or let's him walk.
    10 team Keeper, Roto G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP SOG: W, GAA SV%, SO, Keep 4Fwd, 2D, 1G
    Start 3c, 3 LW, 3 RW, flex Fwd, 5D 2G

C: H. Sedin(K), m. Koivu, Plekanec, Galchenyuk,
    LW: D. Sedin(K), B. Ryan(K), Burrows,
    RW: St Louis(K), Hornquist, c neil, alfredson, kassian
    D: Subban (K), Fowler(K), Schultz, Kronwall, dillon
    G; price(k), ward, hiller

Administrator

The Bruins are an awesome hockey team. If they would cut the crap and stick to hockey they would be so much better. Lucic put up nice stats but almost played a role in giving away a lead. But of course that disrespectful stuff doesn't make the airwaves the way Subban's agitating does.

Administrator

Auld gets the start tonight. Ryan White has been called up.

Administrator

Default Islanders 4, Canadiens 3 (SO)

Game Notes

-Lousy effort overall against a bottom feeder team using a green rookie goalie. Some might think last night's intensity could have been a factor in the letdown, but I don't buy into those excuses. Every team plays back to back games.

-Hamrlik was paired with Wisniewski. They did not have a good game together, especially Wiz (more on that later). They had a rather weak effort on the first Isles' goal.

-Wisniewski and Subban did not click at all on the power play. Two bad giveaways (one by Wisniewski) led to Subban penalties that ended the power play. Not a good night for the man advantage. Wisniewski overall liked giving the puck away. Perhaps he forgot that he is no longer an Islander.

-Desharnais and Pacioretty combined for a great four-on-four goal. Desharnais stickhandled around three players and passed across to Pacioretty, who buried it top corner. Desharnais is playing much more inspired hockey than Gomez these days (hint hint). His line with Pouliot and White was excellent.

-Gomez is the goat of the game despite Wisniewski's struggles. He has two struggling young players (Kostitsyn and Eller) on his wing and is not setting a good example. He plays well for stretches but doesn't mind going through the motions because that paycheck is pretty secure.

-Max Pacioretty was the best player on the Habs tonight. He is involved physically and has a scoring touch. He struggles to produce at times but during those stretches his intensity and desire is much higher than Kostitsyn. Just saying.

-Alex Auld was solid. The goals were mainly the result of poor defensive effort. He made a couple solid saves. He loses control of his butterfly though and this is on area of his game that prevents him from being a #1 in the league. When he's caught flopping he's completely out of the play because he's not mobile enough to compensate.

-On the Islanders two players that caught my eye were Josh Bailey and Michael Grabner. Bailey is a very effective penalty killer and gave the Canadiens fits all night. He's going to be a solid #2 centerman behind Tavares for the future. Grabner on the other hand is all offence. Everyone knows he is fast but I did not realize that he has a good set of hands. He scored twice.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default DARCHE hurt

According Dave Morissette, Darche could be out for the remaing of the season.
    If so wow Gauthier gotta make a move or two I hope he is working hard at it.

But also it is still Morissette saying this.

here is the link

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ave-59155.html
    Buckerooooos

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by glorieux View Post
    According Dave Morissette, Darche could be out for the remaing of the season.
    If so wow Gauthier gotta make a move or two I hope he is working hard at it.

But also it is still Morissette saying this.

here is the link

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ave-59155.html
    Ouch! That sucks. Darche has been awesome this season. I disagree with having to make trades to fix the problem. They already traded two draft picks for Wisniewski. They can't just throw everything away to fix this season. With the overpaid players (Gomez) it's important to continue drafting well to develop some good players that can play key roles on entry level contracts.

Hamilton has been a great source for help this season. For now I'd give Ryan White a chance to replace Darche full-time if he is indeed out for the season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Eric,

You probably already read this and may be old news, but a buddy sent me this link to a responsible reporter Re: the Subban/Gill story.

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...MontrealSports
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,