Page 105 of 606 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 115 155 205 605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    The combination of bringing in Prust and Armstrong, signing White to a 1-way, and needing to give Eller and potentially Leblanc more playing time, to me makes it obvious that Gomez needs to be buried in the minors. But despite all those "pros" in favor of such a move, I don't think it will happen, unless Gomez shows up in camp out of shape or similar events occur. Otherwise, I think they'll just play him and give him 3rd/4th line minutes and some PP time.
    I don't really see why it wouldn't happen, though. Are there any "cons" to it?

I don't think other players (on the team and around the league) could really blame the team for making that decision after two consecutive just god-awful seasons.

I doubt he'd be satisfied playing on the bottom 6. Do you really want a guy who is unhappy about his situation hanging around all season?

Actually, I have a question. I would imagine he'd be pretty pissed about being sent down. And I actually wonder whether you'd want him in Hamilton with your prospects, for the same reason I don't think you'd want him in Montreal. So, would he have to be sent to Hamilton necessarily, or could he be loaned or whatever to another minor league team?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Actually, I have a question. I would imagine he'd be pretty pissed about being sent down. And I actually wonder whether you'd want him in Hamilton with your prospects, for the same reason I don't think you'd want him in Montreal. So, would he have to be sent to Hamilton necessarily, or could he be loaned or whatever to another minor league team?
    Edmonton loaned Souray to a different AHL team to keep him away from the organization. It can be done, unless something changes in the rules when the new CBA is signed. I imagine the issue of buyouts and AHL demotions will be addressed.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Things are really at a standstill in Habs land these days... If there's anything I've missed please share. Heated discussions are welcome.
    On the prospect front, Charles Hudon apparently had an amazing game today for Canada in the CAN vs RUS challenge. Corey Pronman, Brendan Ross (@rossyyoungblood), and Cody Nickolet (@WHLFromAbove) were all raving about the strong game he had. Created plenty of offensive chances and played a high energy game.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    On the prospect front, Charles Hudon apparently had an amazing game today for Canada in the CAN vs RUS challenge. Corey Pronman, Brendan Ross (@rossyyoungblood), and Cody Nickolet (@WHLFromAbove) were all raving about the strong game he had. Created plenty of offensive chances and played a high energy game.
    From everything I've seen, the Habs really cleaned house at the draft. It's good to see, because the team is still suffering from losing a full batch of prospects after the century year.

Dobber Sports Pro

From everything I've seen, the Habs really cleaned house at the draft. It's good to see, because the team is still suffering from losing a full batch of prospects after the century year.
    Yeah it looks great. I've read several publications that raved about how well the habs did at the draft. It seems to be the consensus that the habs are by and far the winners of the 2012 draft. And with 2013 being a deep draft that habs should be able to snag a few more with their 2 2nd round picks.

On another note;
    The habs will have a lot of junior players graduating and heading to the AHL this year. Tinordi, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Holland, Ellis. Could be a great year to watch the Bulldogs. Am I missing anyone else? I'd love to see Prybil come over.

I know Kristo decided to head back to school for another year. Hopefully he doesn't take the Justin Shultz route. Although that loophole could also be addressed in the current CBA negotions.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Icon

Edmonton loaned Souray to a different AHL team to keep him away from the organization. It can be done, unless something changes in the rules when the new CBA is signed. I imagine the issue of buyouts and AHL demotions will be addressed.

There could easily be a loan to a KHL, SEL, Finnish league or Swiss league team too. That happened with Huet among others.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    There could easily be a loan to a KHL, SEL, Finnish league or Swiss league team too. That happened with Huet among others.
    I think he would report if he was sent to the minors. Most of these guys are professional, and report (Souray, Redden, etc,). Plus, if he didn't report, he would risk being suspended, and not making his salary.

I'm still hoping he gets dealt. Phoenix is about $10 million under the cap. If Doan doesn't resign there, then that's a potential trade partner. The Islanders are about $7 million under. With no major free agents left except for doan, that could be the best option for these teams.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Yeah it looks great. I've read several publications that raved about how well the habs did at the draft. It seems to be the consensus that the habs are by and far the winners of the 2012 draft. And with 2013 being a deep draft that habs should be able to snag a few more with their 2 2nd round picks.
    Right assessment, and you'll be happy to learn that it is 3 second round picks (their own, Calgary's (Cammalleri trade) and Nashville's (Kostitsyn trade)).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I think he would report if he was sent to the minors. Most of these guys are professional, and report (Souray, Redden, etc,). Plus, if he didn't report, he would risk being suspended, and not making his salary.

I'm still hoping he gets dealt. Phoenix is about $10 million under the cap. If Doan doesn't resign there, then that's a potential trade partner. The Islanders are about $7 million under. With no major free agents left except for doan, that could be the best option for these teams.
    The salary alone is enough for Gomez to report to the AHL should he be demoted. And no I don't think Phoenix is a good destination for Gomez. I firmly believe that he has major negative trade value for being such an awful player. Just looking at the capgeek.com list of free agents, Phoenix can sign guys like Huet (backup upgrade), Rozsival or Colaiacovo (Aucoin replacement) and maybe Andrei Kostitsyn to add some scoring. That total probably exceeds Gomez's cap hit and improves their team dramatically. I prefer the Florida Panthers model of dealing with the cap floor.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The salary alone is enough for Gomez to report to the AHL should he be demoted. And no I don't think Phoenix is a good destination for Gomez. I firmly believe that he has major negative trade value for being such an awful player. Just looking at the capgeek.com list of free agents, Phoenix can sign guys like Huet (backup upgrade), Rozsival or Colaiacovo (Aucoin replacement) and maybe Andrei Kostitsyn to add some scoring. That total probably exceeds Gomez's cap hit and improves their team dramatically. I prefer the Florida Panthers model of dealing with the cap floor.
    Yeah, to be able to trade Gomez, we will probably have to add a blue-chip prospect in the deal, just like the Rangers did when... oups, nevermind.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Yeah, to be able to trade Gomez, we will probably have to add a blue-chip prospect in the deal, just like the Rangers did when... oups, nevermind.
    New rule: no more bringing up the McDonagh trade.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I was talking about Tom Pyatt and Michael Busto...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I was talking about Tom Pyatt and Michael Busto...
    Oh ok. Sorry for the overreaction.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh ok. Sorry for the overreaction.
    But now that you bring that up... J*SUS C*RIST... WHY DID WE HAVE TO GIVE THEM MCDONAGH???

Oups, just broke the new rule...

Dobber Sports Icon

Good rule.

In fact, it should apply to any trade where the opposing GM obviously had pictures of Gainey and Gauthier fellating each other.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper