Page 104 of 606 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 114 154 204 604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Regardless, it's still an exciting time. Lots of moving parts, and even more if the scenario I outlined turns out to be true.

Exciting time for sure, more exciting than it's been in a LONG time in Habs-land.

Looking at CapGeek we have Price and Gorges signed through 2018/19, I imagine we'll have the same for Subban and Pacioretty, and Eller when his turn comes in 14/15, so the core for the years 2015/16 to 2018/19 will be that quintet plus young studs Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Beaulieu and Tinordi, all of whom could well be star players during that time (although they will all become RFAs by then and will command a first non-ELC contract, and Galchenyuk will probably shatter his contract bonuses every year of that deal and so come at a $3M+ cap hit even in the years preceding).

I see this team as a middle of the pack squad over the next 2 years, no lock for playoffs but decent chance health-permitting, especially given that we have one of the world's elite goaltenders, but then starting in 2014/15 we could see the Habs being a lock for playoffs and a dangerous playoff team, and possibly a Cup contender.

That's the window in my mind, 6 years out.

Exciting times indeed. And with a deep draft next year, would it really be that big a deal if we missed the playoffs and had a top 10 pick? Naaah, the Habs in the playoffs is just too much fun to pass up!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Stud

One thing Semin brings to the table that Doan doesn't: the ability to score 40.

The Habs certainly could use Doan's leadership. But they also, very, very badly need more goals from the Plekanec line.

What the heck, let's sign 'em both!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    One thing Semin brings to the table that Doan doesn't: the ability to score 40.

The Habs certainly could use Doan's leadership. But they also, very, very badly need more goals from the Plekanec line.

What the heck, let's sign 'em both!
    Last year the Habs clearly lacked both in scoring and leadership. Having Gionta back helps, but I don't think it's enough by itself. It's a tough choice to make because Semin can walk in and be the most talented players on the team, while Doan is more of a 20-25 goal guy that brings consistent effort and can play a lot of roles.

I think the Habs have a better shot at Semin though, since there are more teams interested in Doan. Let's face it, in a bidding war the Habs will lose every time since they have not earned a good reputation in recent years and are not a cup contender. The team's reputation is changing, but until they have sustainable success it will be an uphill battle.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Where do you guys think Leblanc fits into this team in the grander scheme of things?
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Hey you guys who are in the know about Montreal! I have a few questions for you.

1. What kind of numbers do you expect from Gionta this year? How many games played?

2. Same for Bourque. Will he be condemned to the bottom six?

3. When do you think Gallagher will arrive for real and stick, if ever?

Thanks in advance!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Where do you guys think Leblanc fits into this team in the grander scheme of things?
    To me, he projects as a first-rate 3rd liner/second-rate 2nd liner.

Curious to know where he and Eller end up fitting in long-term. Eventually, I imagine one will be permanently moved to the wing.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Hey you guys who are in the know about Montreal! I have a few questions for you.

1. What kind of numbers do you expect from Gionta this year? How many games played?

Thanks in advance!
    1. Games played, no way to know. I'd bet on a 45-50 point pace, with possibility for more. I think we can assume Gomez will be gone for good and that helps everyone, including Gionta who hopefully gets to play with Plekanec all season.

2. Personally, I'd like to see him condemned to the chair. But I don't see anyone challenging him for that last spot on the top 6. It's his to lose, IMO. That being said, the crap he pulled last year won't go over well with a guy like Michel Therrien, so he could end up in the doghouse pretty quickly if he doesn't tow the line.

3. Not now for sure. Longer term I'm skeptical, but to be honest, I haven't seen him enough to really judge.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Based on the discussion we've been having in the thread for the last little while, I can't see him being on the team to start the season. He would be the first or second call-up though. Longer-term, he's a good 2nd or 3rd line player.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post

Thanks in advance!
    1) GP is tough to project in his case. His GP pattern over the last few years (31, 82, 61, 81, 82, 62, 82) suggests that he misses games in large chunks (serious injury). When it rains, it pours in Gionta's case. So to me it's either 60 or 82. He has not been getting hurt in consecutive years though, so if I had to gamble it would be 82. Points-wise, I'd put him at a 50-point pace.

2) Bourque's pattern has been 73-80 GP over the last three years so I'll put him at 75 to be safe. Basically, expect him to miss a few games. He can't possibly be as horrible as he was last season, but I also don't think the situation will allow him to match his Calgary numbers. I think 45 points is reasonable.

3) I think Gallagher is several years away. In a prior reply I pointed out that the team has nine forwards that I consider core players (Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole, Gionta, Plekanec, Eller) that will probably stick around for the foreseeable future or depth guys that are signed to four-year deals (Bourque, Prust, Moen). I know trades can happen, but I don't like to predict that kind of stuff and play the "what if" game. As it stands right now, it will be difficult for new players to earn roster spots for a while. He will probably play at least two years in the AHL before getting a look, which is probably best for him long-term. Just don't expect results anytime soon.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for that
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Stud

Regarding Gallagher, he's got the same size (more or less) and the same intensity as Gionta. With the new philosophy brought by Bergevin who added more size and muscles, I don't see Gallagher fitting in the team for now. He will surely spend next season in the AHL, after that he might crack the line-up. Of course, if there's a lot of injuries this could change, but that's how I see it. Eric has a good point with the amount of contracts there is, won't be easy for guys like Leblanc and Gallagher to play in Montreal next year.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Administrator

Things are really at a standstill in Habs land these days... If there's anything I've missed please share. Heated discussions are welcome.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Things are really at a standstill in Habs land these days... If there's anything I've missed please share. Heated discussions are welcome.
    Since you've asked it, where Gomez is going to play next season???

Ok, ok, I'll wait until there's really something happening with our Habs to start a heated debate! You said it, it's really slow these days.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Since you've asked it, where Gomez is going to play next season???

Ok, ok, I'll wait until there's really something happening with our Habs to start a heated debate! You said it, it's really slow these days.
    The combination of bringing in Prust and Armstrong, signing White to a 1-way, and needing to give Eller and potentially Leblanc more playing time, to me makes it obvious that Gomez needs to be buried in the minors. But despite all those "pros" in favor of such a move, I don't think it will happen, unless Gomez shows up in camp out of shape or similar events occur. Otherwise, I think they'll just play him and give him 3rd/4th line minutes and some PP time.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Gomez is not only overpaid, he's also one of the worst players in the league. I can't see a scenario where he actually helps the team unless he keeps the seat warm in the press box or is buried in the AHL somewhere.

Dobber Sports Giant

Haha! That debate over Gomez wasn't for real, so you guys are really in need of heated debate! LOL!