Page 103 of 607 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 153 203 603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Not fantasy related, but the team has plans to remove the outdoor Century year area with the stones and statues. These will relocated somewhere at some point, but those details are not known yet.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...-condo-project

Let's just hope the relocation of these items happens quicker than the relocation of the Coyotes. I was lucky enough to visit this area when I went to Montreal last summer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

In today's very fantasy related news, Scott Gomez shoots a hole in one at his celebrity golf tournament: http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...making-this-up

Administrator

Shane Doan to visit with Canadiens next week:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Shane Doan to visit with Canadiens next week:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401361
    Hmmmm, I'm gonna say a little prayer before I go to bed tonight.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hmmmm, I'm gonna say a little prayer before I go to bed tonight.
    Me too, but it will go like this: "Please not the Habs. Please not the Habs. Please not the Habs."

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not fantasy related, but the team has plans to remove the outdoor Century year area with the stones and statues. These will relocated somewhere at some point, but those details are not known yet.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...-condo-project

Let's just hope the relocation of these items happens quicker than the relocation of the Coyotes. I was lucky enough to visit this area when I went to Montreal last summer.
    This was pretty surprising news and definitely a shame. My parents have a brick there and I took a picture with the statues every year I go to the city for a game.

RE: Doan - no thanks...we're still quite a ways from contending and there's no need to have that much money tied up in an older player. I can't see why he's want to go there either, especially if he wants to win.

Administrator

If Doan signs then Bourque must go. Things are getting pretty crowded and there are already too many multi-year deals that could prevent young players from moving up the organization.

Dobber Sports Icon

If Doan signs then Bourque must go. Things are getting pretty crowded and there are already too many multi-year deals that could prevent young players from moving up the organization.

I agree, they'd have to trade Bourque for a bag of pucks or demote him, and obviously this is in addition to demoting Gomez (which has to be a certainty at this stage). If that can be arranged, then I would love to see Doan come to Montreal on a 2-3 year deal; I hear what you are saying about "crowding" but imagine what kind of mentorship our young studs (Eller, Galchenyuk, Leblanc, Gallagher and Beaulieu, in particular) will be getting with the likes of Doan, Cole, Gionta and Gorges leading by example.

Plus, as I've said repeatedly, with Carey Price between the pipes, the Habs could not only make the playoffs but go on a nice run as early as next year - this is not a pipe dream, an elite goalie can do that for a team, especially now that they've brought in some nice grit with Prust and Armstrong upfront coupled with the existing nice core of youth and veterans.

A Doan in the picture would, in my mind, solidify a playoff spot and give us a chance to make a run in the playoffs - I think with the other moves and with a Gomez demotion and maybe adding another decent stay at home Dman, you're looking at middle of the playoff pack in the East, only the Bruins, Rangers, Philly and Pittsburgh clearly better than the Habs and fighting with the likes of the Caps, Sabres, Sens and Panthers for those remaining playoff spots.

Plus, Doan here means no Doan in Philly, New York, etc., not a negligible consideration.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I agree, they'd have to trade Bourque for a bag of pucks or demote him, and obviously this is in addition to demoting Gomez (which has to be a certainty at this stage). If that can be arranged, then I would love to see Doan come to Montreal on a 2-3 year deal; I hear what you are saying about "crowding" but imagine what kind of mentorship our young studs (Eller, Galchenyuk, Leblanc, Gallagher and Beaulieu, in particular) will be getting with the likes of Doan, Cole, Gionta and Gorges leading by example.

Plus, as I've said repeatedly, with Carey Price between the pipes, the Habs could not only make the playoffs but go on a nice run as early as next year - this is not a pipe dream, an elite goalie can do that for a team, especially now that they've brought in some nice grit with Prust and Armstrong upfront coupled with the existing nice core of youth and veterans.

A Doan in the picture would, in my mind, solidify a playoff spot and give us a chance to make a run in the playoffs - I think with the other moves and with a Gomez demotion and maybe adding another decent stay at home Dman, you're looking at middle of the playoff pack in the East, only the Bruins, Rangers, Philly and Pittsburgh clearly better than the Habs and fighting with the likes of the Caps, Sabres, Sens and Panthers for those remaining playoff spots.

Plus, Doan here means no Doan in Philly, New York, etc., not a negligible consideration.
    Pacioretty (1) - Desharnais (1) - Cole (3)
    Bourque (4) - Plekanec (4) - Gionta (2)
    Prust (4) - Eller (2) - Armstrong (1)
    Moen (4) - Nokelainen (1) - White (1)

Add in Doan and you probably force one of Armstrong or White out the door next summer unless further moves (Bourque) are made. And that doesn't even cover the eventual need to promote Leblanc, Geoffrion and/or Palushaj.

Dobber Sports Icon

Pacioretty (1) - Desharnais (1) - Cole (3)
    Bourque (4) - Plekanec (4) - Gionta (2)
    Prust (4) - Eller (2) - Armstrong (1)
    Moen (4) - Nokelainen (1) - White (1)

Add in Doan and you probably force one of Armstrong or White out the door next summer unless further moves (Bourque) are made. And that doesn't even cover the eventual need to promote Leblanc, Geoffrion and/or Palushaj.

If we bring in Doan for the next 3 years, then one of Bourque or Armstrong are probably gone, this is true. Then you have to consider that Eller will soon be chomping at the bit to take over the 2nd line C role, so they have to make room, enter the possibility of trading Plekanec for more depth at D and to make room for Eller and Leblanc. As much as I love Plekanec as a player, I could EASILY see him dealt to Chicago, where he'd be a perfect fit as 2nd line C to Toews (and of course with Bergevin here now there is an in-depth knowledge of the Hawks system plus a solid relationship with Bowman and the staff there, I doubt he burned any of those bridges). But then of course you have Galchenyuk, who could be up full time as soon as next year (I highly doubt they'd bring him up for more than the 9-game cup of coffee this year) and that would further muddy the waters.

All of this is academic though, I doubt Doan will sign here, despite some attractive elements (he's Price's cousin), I think it's already going to be a real shock to his family to contemplate moving out East after having been out West for so long, to add in the Quebec factor is probably a tad too much (I don't think he'd be too concerned about the Denis Coderre ethnic slur / defamation thing, but it certainly could still be a factor in his mind).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think he comes either, but I have to disagree that it's too crowded to fit him in.

We still have a gaping hole (maybe even two of 'em) on Plekanec's wing. Bourque is obviously not the solution.

The fact that Doan would push or Armstrong or White or whatever out of the lineup is a non-issue.

As for preventing prospects from earning a spot, I'm no expert but as far as I can see they're not exactly lining up at the gate. Galchenyuk aside (possibly), I don't see anyone with a real solid shot at the top 6 in the near future.

Gallagher is a dark horse, but not exactly blue chip. Leblanc seems to fit nicely on third line.

I still think Semin makes more sense, but the 27th team in the league could definitely make room for a guy like Doan.

Dobber Sports Pro

The problem with Doan is he'll be looking for term and I really wouldn't want to see any more than 2-3 year deal at no more than $4MM per.

Bergevin doesn't plan on moving bourque. As he noted in his first presser, Bourque is only 2 years removed from back to back 27 goal seasons. He just needs to start playing like the massive man he is. Hopefully Therrien sticks him in front of the net and tells him to stay there..

I would prefer Semin as well.

Move Gomez and sign them both.

Scary to think that Gomez could line up as the 4th line C. Unless they move Eller to the wing.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Considering that this is probably Doan’s last contract, I just don't see him signing with the Habs. Doan does not strike me as the type of player that will sign with the highest bidder. I have the feeling that he has accepted an invitation only to show respect to an organization that has made him a serious offer. If he does not sign with Phoenix, the logical course of action for him is to sign with a contender.
    STL – Single Team League
    1-team league – Head-to-? – Single Category: TOI
    F: Radulov, Stahal, Gaborik
    D: Gilbert, Brule
    G: Brodeur, Kinkaid
    Utility: Semin
    Farm: Tsujimoto

2011-12 and 2013-14 Champion! (I was disqualified in 2012-13 by the commish. Reason given: tanking)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't think he comes either, but I have to disagree that it's too crowded to fit him in.

We still have a gaping hole (maybe even two of 'em) on Plekanec's wing. Bourque is obviously not the solution.

The fact that Doan would push or Armstrong or White or whatever out of the lineup is a non-issue.

As for preventing prospects from earning a spot, I'm no expert but as far as I can see they're not exactly lining up at the gate. Galchenyuk aside (possibly), I don't see anyone with a real solid shot at the top 6 in the near future.

Gallagher is a dark horse, but not exactly blue chip. Leblanc seems to fit nicely on third line.

I still think Semin makes more sense, but the 27th team in the league could definitely make room for a guy like Doan.
    I never said they can't fit in Doan. I was just mentioning a potential issue down the road. If the team adds Doan (or another FA) that means the top 9 plus Moen is either a core player or locked down for 4 years. Trades are tough to complete due to finances and will become even more complicated once the cap is lowered.

Regardless, it's still an exciting time. Lots of moving parts, and even more if the scenario I outlined turns out to be true.

Dobber Sports Icon

Semin in Montreal? Only if it's 2 years max and $5.5M max, I think we can manage that and not mess things up in 2013/14 with a possible lower cap and Pacioretty and Desharnais to re-sign.

But between Doan and Semin for that same deal, I'd take Doan 9 times out of 10. He'd be a much better influence in the team, a better chance at contributing in the playoffs, and will bring more consistency day in day out, all despite a 7 year age difference with Semin. I would bet a significant amount that Bergevin feels the same if he's given this comparison any thought, I doubt very much that Bergevin is high on a Semin given the approach he's taken thus far in terms of free agent signings.

That said, I think they have a better chance landing Semin than they do Doan, there I will agree.