Page 574 of 606 FirstFirst ... 74 474 524 564 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 584 ... LastLast
Results 8,596 to 8,610 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I missed your game breaker term in there. Then yeah, there really isn't much historical data there.
    Prolly have to go back to when he and Seguin were besties. Clode's also the guy who put Pastrnak on the top line. Hasn't had a chance to give someone a chance in Montreal

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dreger saying he 'thinks Taylor Hall would be interested in the Montreal Canadiens...'

Am I the only one who doesn't want to acquire a big ticket FA? This team needs to chill but I have very little faith they'll do that after sniffing playoffs. Their profitability is such a negative hockey asset

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by HabsBlood View Post
    Dreger saying he 'thinks Taylor Hall would be interested in the Montreal Canadiens...'

Am I the only one who doesn't want to acquire a big ticket FA? This team needs to chill but I have very little faith they'll do that after sniffing playoffs. Their profitability is such a negative hockey asset

as a habs fan, I want Hall for the high chance of having the 1ov pick
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

The Great One

I’d rather have Laine.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/five-...r-patrik-laine

I think a Hall deal would end up being too much $$ and too much term. If they could avoid one of those perhaps. But I’d expect Hall wants both.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr;2072248[/quote
    I’d rather have Laine.

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/five-...r-patrik-laine

I think a Hall deal would end up being too much $$ and too much term. If they could avoid one of those perhaps. But I’d expect Hall wants both.

29 other team are right there with you. While I wouldn’t suggest anyone is un-tradable I also don’t think the Jets are desperate enough to trade Laine for a package that any other teams would find remotely palatable.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

Danault finished sixth in Selke voting.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

According to Francois Gagnon the Edmundson deal should be done fairly soon, 3-5 years and $3.5-$4 million AAV.

This is what I didn't want to see. Teams need to use their leverage to get bargain deals.

Dobber Sports Deity

I expected 4-4.5M to be honest but I also heard it was only going to be a two year deal. Longer term usually means less AAV.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

My projections have him earning ~$3.7M next year. Doesn't mean he's worth it defensively. None of the underlying stats look good.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

There's going to be tons of players forced to take less in free agency due to the flat cap so why give up a pick for a guy that isn't a difference-maker and pay him "market" value?

Just seems like below-average roster/cap management to me. Patience usually wins in free agency.

Dobber Sports Expert

I agree, not the well I wanted to see the team go to here.

So they bring in Edmundson....their D looks something along the lines of (don't get hung up on the pairings):
    Chariot-Weber
    Kulak-Petry
    Edmundson-Mete
    Romanov-Fleury

Like this is why I don't get it. I mean you bring Romanov over; Fleury I thought played well considering age and first stint of action. Ouellet was meh but I'd rather have him at 700K-1M to be honest. Everything I've seen on the Edmundson's underlying stats are not good. Get the feeling MB is trying to package a defenceman in a deal here.

I agree with you Eric, in these times I feel MB could have leveraged cap space to bring in a much more impactful player from a cap/financially-strapped team.

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont expect it to take long before Romanov bumps Kulak down the lineup. You should have Edmundson and Mete the other way around based on their shooting hands.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont expect it to take long before Romanov bumps Kulak down the lineup. You should have Edmundson and Mete the other way around based on their shooting hands.
    Kulak played well in the playoffs but I don't seem him keeping it up the whole season. I expect Romanov to bump him but I also am curious to see how quick he adjusts. Some projections of course have Romanov playing alongside Weber

Actually, Edmundson and Mete are both lefties. Mete played on the right side at times through the season which is why he shifted over to that side. Its an abundance of bottom-3 left shot defenceman on the team.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Kulak played well in the playoffs but I don't seem him keeping it up the whole season. I expect Romanov to bump him but I also am curious to see how quick he adjusts. Some projections of course have Romanov playing alongside Weber

Actually, Edmundson and Mete are both lefties. Mete played on the right side at times through the season which is why he shifted over to that side. Its an abundance of bottom-3 left shot defenceman on the team.
    Man, you're right and I am wrong. For some reason I thought Edmunson was a rightie.

Administrator

Chances are Mete would play the right side again if paired with Edmundson because Julien likes to keep the vets happy.