Page 496 of 606 FirstFirst ... 396 446 486 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 506 546 596 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

I don't believe Allen is a real #1 goalie. He can't play himself out of slumps. He's talented but he needs a strong second goalie who can take over while he works out his issues.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bergevin won't trade Price, he still believes in his team with a healty Weber and a Price in great shape. Even if I think Bergevin overevaluate his team, I still believe Mtl are better that what they showed last year. With an average Price, an healty Weber and a forward for this 8M$ available cap space, they probably would have clinched a playoff spot. Price is not Hasek, but just remember how bad Buffalo were but they managed to reach a final with him. Time has changed, but a top goalie can still be a difference maker.
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

if they can land an actual centre - Stastny (I can see it) for a decent cost (not so sure) then it bodes well for them to bounce back, but if they run with what they currently have at C, well, it'll be another long year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Stastny couldn't have been a free agent at a better time. The Center pool is shallow this summer and there's a couple teams looking for help down the middle.

Stastny is a decent 2C who's about to be paid like he's a solid 1C this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Stastny couldn't have been a free agent at a better time. The Center pool is shallow this summer and there's a couple teams looking for help down the middle.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

Wasn't he already paid like a 1C?

He's going to get a similar $$$ value, maybe slightly more.

Edit: I guess on second thought he's getting paid like a high-end 2C or low-end 1C.

I think he'll end up sign at around 8 Million a year.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

- - - Updated - - -

This was the case when he signed with Stl as well. a very shallow Centre UFA pool - got paid big time. To land as a top end UFA option again is just huge for him.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This was the case when he signed with Stl as well. a very shallow Centre UFA pool - got paid big time. To land as a top end UFA option again is just huge for him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

He also just had a solid playoff campaign with the Jets, helping his cause for a raise.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    He and his agent seem either very lucky, or incredibly intelligent when it comes to playing the FA market. I always did think it was odd that he signed a shorter-term contract in St Louis. I suppose he bet on himself and won big.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dany Dube of TVA Sports apparently said on TV he has confirmed that Max Pacioretty won't be returning to the Canadiens this fall. Take with a grain of salt at this point but it is not a random saying this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Habs/commen...reddit-android

Dobber Sports Veteran

With all the Buffalo / MTL rumours, I don't think I've seen anything talking about the possibility of Lindgren getting moved.

Since BUF has decided not re-sign Lehner, and the cost of Grubauer might be a bit to rich, do they make a swap for Lindgren and run a tandem with Ullmark.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Administrator

I don't think Lindgren is anything more than a backup, so if he somehow lands O'Reilly I'm down with that.

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not one to give Bergevin much credit but I do like Jesse Yl?nen at 35. Probably a good call to take him there than to take a chance he would fall to 38. Has he ever played alongside Kotkaniemi?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm not one to give Bergevin much credit but I do like Jesse Yl?nen at 35. Probably a good call to take him there than to take a chance he would fall to 38. Has he ever played alongside Kotkaniemi?
    Not that I can remember but they're both expected to play for Finland at the WJC next winter and most likely in all U20 tournaments this upcoming season, so definitely possible they play on the same line there.

Administrator

Any idea why Hayden Hawkey was traded for a 5th round pick after being on the NCAA 2nd all star team? Has he indicated he would not be signing?