Page 581 of 607 FirstFirst ... 81 481 531 571 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 591 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 9093

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

They can still make the playoffs as one of the last two teams in. I think they are better than Calgary, Ottawa and Vancouver, on the whole. They have to play like it, but I think they are better than that. Carey Price will be key; he needs to return to form, or it won't matter how they play in front of him.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    They can still make the playoffs as one of the last two teams in. I think they are better than Calgary, Ottawa and Vancouver, on the whole. They have to play like it, but I think they are better than that. Carey Price will be key; he needs to return to form, or it won't matter how they play in front of him.
    Or he loses the starting gig to Allen, who has played well enough.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

Agree. I just don’t think Allen can carry them there. He’s played well but a Price in form is their best chance.

Dobber Sports Deity

Agree. I just don’t think Allen can carry them there. He’s played well but a Price in form is their best chance.
    Problem is Price hasn't been Price for a few years now. I don't think he's as bad as he's played lately but he's not the Price from four or five years ago either. Somewhere in between. That makes him a good goalie but he's no longer a dominant one.

Right now, Allen gives Montreal the best chance to win so he should be starting. He's played better this season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Problem is Price hasn't been Price for a few years now. I don't think he's as bad as he's played lately but he's not the Price from four or five years ago either. Somewhere in between. That makes him a good goalie but he's no longer a dominant one.

Right now, Allen gives Montreal the best chance to win so he should be starting. He's played better this season.
    I don't disagree he should be starting at the moment, but I think even an average Price (his average) is better than an Allen on the whole. I think the Julien system helped Price and it showed in the playoffs.. He looks nervous in the crease, trying to overdo it. Until he gets his head right, and mostly that means his confidence, I agree they have to start Allen. Not unlike when Halak took the net for a stretch way back when.

Thanks Kris Kreider.... look what you did..
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Titan

Maybe it's just age/GP catching up to Price? He's had almost 700games over 14yrs.

Dude has a lot of mileage, and hard mileage on him. He has p,ayed 68.4% of MTL's games since 2011-12 season and I think he's had 3 injury seasons in that span.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Maybe it's just age/GP catching up to Price? He's had almost 700games over 14yrs.

Dude has a lot of mileage, and hard mileage on him. He has p,ayed 68.4% of MTL's games since 2011-12 season and I think he's had 3 injury seasons in that span.
    And Krisk Kreider ran him in the conference finals... an injury like that is bound to catch up to a goalie.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Deity

Im surprised they are going back to Price tonight.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

And Krisk Kreider ran him in the conference finals... an injury like that is bound to catch up to a goalie.
    I would think he's got a ton of games on him, which is like...which made which worse? Was it his workload that made his injuries more severe, or was it his his injuries that made his fall happen faster? Goes in a circle I guess.

Whatever it is, he needs Allen right now, and omg 10.5mill for a goalie is tough to swallow especially when you say "the 10.5mill goalie needs his backup"

Dobber Sports Genius

Are you talking about the incident 7 years ago? Because it didn't seem to affect his performance the following 3 seasons. His SV% was 93.3, 93.4, and 92.3, pretty damn good.

You know what did coincide with his drop off? A big fat juicy contract in the summer of 2017. It may or may not be the reason but it lands better on the timeline than Chris Kreider landing on Price.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Immortal

Big statement from Price. But also more organizational activity...

Canadiens fire Stephane Waite, name Sean Burke director of goaltending
    https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2125817

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Big statement from Price. But also more organizational activity...

Canadiens fire Stephane Waite, name Sean Burke director of goaltending
    https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2125817
    Sean Burke has assaulted his wife in the past, wait for the social media uprising on this. And it's also "Women's History Month", which isn't the best of timings for a move centered around Burke.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Are you talking about the incident 7 years ago? Because it didn't seem to affect his performance the following 3 seasons. His SV% was 93.3, 93.4, and 92.3, pretty damn good.

You know what did coincide with his drop off? A big fat juicy contract in the summer of 2017. It may or may not be the reason but it lands better on the timeline than Chris Kreider landing on Price.
    I am... his recovery from that injury took forever and when he came back, he wasn't his dominant self. PLus, once you have an injury like that, regardless of rehab, as you age and work it will come to affect you and I think it did. It affects not only your physical movement, but your confidence, because you aren't as athletic any more.

So yes, that injury, plus the miles.. and here we are. I just believe he wouldn't have gotten here as fast had that injury never happened.... I don't think the contract had anything to do with it. He is a motivated guy and has played his whole career in the most voracious and unforgiving media market in the NHL. I don't think it's a question of work ethic. I think it's a question of physical ability, which isn't there anymore; not the same level anyway.

It's normal, he's 33, not 26...

The contract to me is a whole other ball of wax that hurts the team in different ways than on the ice..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sean Burke has assaulted his wife in the past, wait for the social media uprising on this. And it's also "Women's History Month", which isn't the best of timings for a move centered around Burke.
    He was already employed there though. I don't know that this will make a difference.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

He was already employed there though. I don't know that this will make a difference.
    Name comes out, news comes up. Hasn't changed.

Because his name has come up in the news, I'm sure Twitter will be letting people remember his past.