Page 597 of 597 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 592 593 594 595 596 597
Results 8,941 to 8,943 of 8943

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

The team isn't as bad as they are now, and aren't as good as they were in the playoffs. Their D benefited a lot from a tighter called game and now can't slow the other team down to their speed. They have their top guys gone from last yr (Price, Weber, Danault) and in a transition. I wonder how much the cross-checking crackdown has hampered the MTL D because that's how they really cleared areas and stopped cycles last yr.

However, the teams not built well and those older contracts are aging hard. Bergevin got a bye because of the playoff run, but he's built a poor team and it took him yrs to do so. They'll def turn it around from this start, but I think they went 2 months last yr without a back-to-back win (in a season that was only like 4 and a bit months long). The team isn't this bad, but they were almost doomed for this "crash to earth" when they sored so high in the playoffs.

It's been only a week. Don't hit the panic yet. It's the first season of 82games since 2018-19, so there is a lot more runway for teams this yr than we prolly think, but the expectations should be squeaking into the playoffs/hopeful other teams falter, not playoff lock.

I have faith the team can stop the blowouts though. D usually takes a few weeks to come into form.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

C: Kuz, Toews, Dach
    LW: Connor, Benn (C), Stuetzle
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak
    D: Carlson, Theodore, Hronek, K.Miller, Morrissey
    G: Helly, Hart, Allen, Halak
    IR: Eichel (C)
    IR+: E.Kane (LW,RW)

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The team isn't as bad as they are now, and aren't as good as they were in the playoffs. Their D benefited a lot from a tighter called game and now can't slow the other team down to their speed. They have their top guys gone from last yr (Price, Weber, Danault) and in a transition. I wonder how much the cross-checking crackdown has hampered the MTL D because that's how they really cleared areas and stopped cycles last yr.

However, the teams not built well and those older contracts are aging hard. Bergevin got a bye because of the playoff run, but he's built a poor team and it took him yrs to do so. They'll def turn it around from this start, but I think they went 2 months last yr without a back-to-back win (in a season that was only like 4 and a bit months long). The team isn't this bad, but they were almost doomed for this "crash to earth" when they sored so high in the playoffs.

It's been only a week. Don't hit the panic yet. It's the first season of 82games since 2018-19, so there is a lot more runway for teams this yr than we prolly think, but the expectations should be squeaking into the playoffs/hopeful other teams falter, not playoff lock.

I have faith the team can stop the blowouts though. D usually takes a few weeks to come into form.

Agree with this take.

That said, while my heart always pulls for Habs success, my head is pulling for them to finish bottom 8 and secure a beauty young stud in that deep deep draft next year, in Montreal to boot. It's a stretch to win the lottery and snag Wright, but one can dream!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Larkin Trocheck Norris Newhook Zacha Domi (IR)
    W: Marchand Ehlers Konecny JRobertson Garland Yamamoto VanRiemsdyk Tatar
    D: Jones Karlsson Letang Lundkvist Martinez Slavin
    G: Markstrom Ullmark Smith (IR) Francouz (IR)

Dobber Sports Master

They’ll never finish that low with this roster.. they’ll barely miss the playoffs, or miss by like 6-8 pts or something and pick like 10th or 12th lol… and so it goes for this team. Whatever, picking top 5 doesn’t guarantee much. I’ve been saying for years that the team needs a scouting and professional development overhaul; too many draft busts. That won’t fix this season though.

I also think Ducharme and Richardson are good coaches.

Wait and see I guess.