Page 492 of 492 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 487 488 489 490 491 492
Results 7,366 to 7,370 of 7370

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

The Great One

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Does make sense, especially if there is more involved. The Habs need something to show for next year though - a top 3 pick fits that bill. I know the Habs have had a man crush on Nick Leddy for years, so maybe something around ...

3+MaxPac

for

11+12+Leddy+DalColle?

Isles give Pulock more responsibility, add a sniper in Pax and another top-end forward in Zadina, Tkachuk or Wahlstrom.
    Habs get a much needed Top-4 D in Leddy and can draft to improve their center ice. DalColle is a scratch off lottery ticket.
    makes a lot of sense... Snow having those two picks just screams huge move coming. I mean, it's Snow! There's absolutely no way he stands pat.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

Dobber Sports Padawan

With Ducharme and now Bouchard hired, there will be some new and refreshing ideas within in the organization.
    Can't be a bad thing for Julien too. He will have to deliver as a coach with these two in the fold.
    Good moves to scoop these talented minds, let's see what the Habs do with their on-ice problems now.

- - - Updated - - -

With Ducharme and now Bouchard hired, there will be some new and refreshing ideas within in the organization.
    Can't be a bad thing for Julien too. He will have to deliver as a coach with these two in the fold.
    Good moves to scoop these talented minds, let's see what the Habs do with their on-ice problems now.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

F: N.Backstrom - J.Pavelski - B.Wheeler - M.Pacioretty - J.Toews - N.Ehlers - W.Nylander - M.Marner - M.Johansson - Z.Parise - R.Strome - V.Rask
    D: K.Shattenkirk - A.Pietrangelo - I.Provorov - S.Theodore - R.Pulock - D.Severson
    G: B.Holtby - MA Fleury
    Reserve : J.Honka - S.Darling

2014-15 Champion
    2015-16 Runner-up
    2016-17 Champion

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I hope you're right. I really want to believe.

As has been stated ad nauseum on these boards, one of the biggest problems that has plagued the Habs for as long as we can remember is poor player development. Bouchard will have his hands full with turning around that AHL roster, but maybe, just maybe, this represents a shift towards using the Laval squad for development like the Marlies and Moose have done in recent years.

Who knows...
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

I'm not sure how much Ducharme brings but time will tell. He hangs his hat on winning the Mem Cup with a stacked Mooseheads team and he bolted town after all his key guys graduated. You or I probably could have coached that team to the Cup win.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, JaBenn, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Turris, Letang, Kucherov, Byfuglien, Burns, Zuccarello, Hoffman, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Athanasiou, Bjorkstrand, Point, KHayes, Konecny, Vrana, NSchmaltz

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Some thoughts on Niemi signing:
    1) Zero risk. If he's not fit for the job just waive/demote him and call up Lindgren. Depth in goal makes so much sense. Behind Lindgren is who? Fucale? McNiven? Yikes!
    2) 950k is no accident, any player paid 950k or less goes to the minors without cap penalty. The team is protected.
    3) He fit well in Montreal. Intangibles really matter with goalies and he clicked in this environment somehow. It worked so why not try it again?
    4) Lindgren can still win the backup job. As mentioned, goalies clear waivers all the time and Niemi isn't a golden boy by any means. The only time a goalie gets claimed is when there's a major injury that needs immediate attention.
    5) That said Lindgren still has (I believe) 43 NHL games left before he is no longer exempt from waivers. So he can go down without risk.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Page 492 of 492 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 487 488 489 490 491 492