Page 486 of 606 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 496 536 586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Administrator

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

I bet they offered to bring him in right away to burn a year off his ELC without telling him they're not in the playoffs. Swerve!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

I really hope Evans stays in the minors for a while even if he shows early signs. He's so overhyped because he's one of the team's best forward prospects and he's a center. It won't go well if they throw him to the wolves right away.

Dobber Sports Titan

"It was a disappointing season from start to finish, and that was was unacceptable. The overall attitude of our team needs to change. We will do a complete assessment of our hockey operations. As general manager, I take my share of responsibility."
    -Marc Bergevin

He seems to throw the team under the bus and then try to save it by kind of adding himself into the mix of issues.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think Geoff Molson used the same language when talking about Bergeving, that he should "take his share of responsibility".

Do they start the year with a pie chart of everyone's share of responsibility? If so, how does said pie chart get divvied up?

Just seems like some PR drivel. Maybe Bergevin and Molson made some sort of deal and they'll clear out everyone not named Claude Julien.
    ESPN keeper league (5 rounds draft; 3 FA pickups per year; points for G, A, W, SO)

Forwards: Ovechkin, McDavid, Huberdeau, Voracek, Boeser, Wennberg, Galchenyuk, Tkachuk, Keller, Arvidsson, Teravainen, Rantanen
    D-men: Letang, Keith, Krug, Ellis, Ekblad, Hanifin
    Goalies: Murray, Hellebuyck

Bench: Hertl, Bjorkstrand, Gallagher, Domi, Tolvanen, Niskanen, Chychrun, Darling, Mrazek, Jarry

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Just seems like some PR drivel.
    It's all PR drivel which is why I generally ignore interviews and quotes. It doesn't take a high IQ to figure out the state of the franchise.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's all PR drivel which is why I generally ignore interviews and quotes. It doesn't take a high IQ to figure out the state of the franchise.
    Ah, eric I am glad you join us in the club of the jaded and disillusioned. :P

This team is a train-wreck until they overhaul the scouting and pro development groups. It is simply not working and I'm not sure it ever really has that successfully. Way too many misses in the first three rounds outside of the weak 2012 draft, the weird 2005 draft where we got Carey and the 2007 draft, which was a success at the selection table, but a failure on the development table with McDonagh, who was stalling until he was traded to the Rags.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Regardless of Price the team around him will prevent him from maximizing his output. I wouldn't buy in fantasy and especially not in a cap league.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Price has basically ruined me 2 years in a row in 2 different leagues. Do Habs fans here consider him an albatross or do they expect him to turn things around and carry this team back to the playoffs? He is going to especially kill me next year in my cap league if he doesn't improve...
    Price is a fantasy killer, in cap leagues because the Montreal Canadiens are not a good hockey team.. Boyd and Gallagher are their top players, not a recipe for a winning team.. Would I like to see guys like Weber, Price, etc. succeed? Yes. And this team really has nothing coming up to save them.. A couple prospects who are question marks? This team needs to rebuild from the ground up.. Get what you can for Pacioretty.. Drouin for Sergachev, Weber for Subban, Gomez for McDonough(I know, long time ago) all huge mistakes in my opinion..

It's easy to point those mistakes out but this team needs some scouts, to make up for these bad trades.. What is happening in that area?? Danault and Hudon are the future??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

SRC reports Sylvain Lefebvre has been fired.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    SRC reports Sylvain Lefebvre has been fired.
    The team is going with a "beat around the bush" approach to bring change so of course the AHL coach whose failures have been in the spotlight will be first to go!

Dobber Sports Stud

Lefebvre was not up to the task... at some point, you need results even if the players you get are underwhelming.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Master

Fire them all. Bergevin, Timmins... All.

Except, keep Julien, but let him pick his assistants and hire people from winning programs.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dean Lombardi... does he fit in as a potential manager? Does he speak French? I think from a hockey perspective he would be a good fit... but not speaking French (not sure if he does or does not) could be the downfall.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Dean Lombardi... does he fit in as a potential manager? Does he speak French? I think from a hockey perspective he would be a good fit... but not speaking French (not sure if he does or does not) could be the downfall.
    Give him language training. Everything and anything can be learned. I'd support that.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​