Page 597 of 606 FirstFirst ... 97 497 547 587 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 9089

Thread: Montreal Canadiens

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Montreal Canadiens

The team isn't as bad as they are now, and aren't as good as they were in the playoffs. Their D benefited a lot from a tighter called game and now can't slow the other team down to their speed. They have their top guys gone from last yr (Price, Weber, Danault) and in a transition. I wonder how much the cross-checking crackdown has hampered the MTL D because that's how they really cleared areas and stopped cycles last yr.

However, the teams not built well and those older contracts are aging hard. Bergevin got a bye because of the playoff run, but he's built a poor team and it took him yrs to do so. They'll def turn it around from this start, but I think they went 2 months last yr without a back-to-back win (in a season that was only like 4 and a bit months long). The team isn't this bad, but they were almost doomed for this "crash to earth" when they sored so high in the playoffs.

It's been only a week. Don't hit the panic yet. It's the first season of 82games since 2018-19, so there is a lot more runway for teams this yr than we prolly think, but the expectations should be squeaking into the playoffs/hopeful other teams falter, not playoff lock.

I have faith the team can stop the blowouts though. D usually takes a few weeks to come into form.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The team isn't as bad as they are now, and aren't as good as they were in the playoffs. Their D benefited a lot from a tighter called game and now can't slow the other team down to their speed. They have their top guys gone from last yr (Price, Weber, Danault) and in a transition. I wonder how much the cross-checking crackdown has hampered the MTL D because that's how they really cleared areas and stopped cycles last yr.

However, the teams not built well and those older contracts are aging hard. Bergevin got a bye because of the playoff run, but he's built a poor team and it took him yrs to do so. They'll def turn it around from this start, but I think they went 2 months last yr without a back-to-back win (in a season that was only like 4 and a bit months long). The team isn't this bad, but they were almost doomed for this "crash to earth" when they sored so high in the playoffs.

It's been only a week. Don't hit the panic yet. It's the first season of 82games since 2018-19, so there is a lot more runway for teams this yr than we prolly think, but the expectations should be squeaking into the playoffs/hopeful other teams falter, not playoff lock.

I have faith the team can stop the blowouts though. D usually takes a few weeks to come into form.

Agree with this take.

That said, while my heart always pulls for Habs success, my head is pulling for them to finish bottom 8 and secure a beauty young stud in that deep deep draft next year, in Montreal to boot. It's a stretch to win the lottery and snag Wright, but one can dream!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Master

TheyÂ’ll never finish that low with this roster.. theyÂ’ll barely miss the playoffs, or miss by like 6-8 pts or something and pick like 10th or 12th lolÂ… and so it goes for this team. Whatever, picking top 5 doesnÂ’t guarantee much. IÂ’ve been saying for years that the team needs a scouting and professional development overhaul; too many draft busts. That wonÂ’t fix this season though.

I also think Ducharme and Richardson are good coaches.

Wait and see I guess.

Dobber Sports Guru

This team has been a mess for years. I'm surprised Bergevin has kept his job as long as he has.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    TheyÂ’ll never finish that low with this roster.. theyÂ’ll barely miss the playoffs, or miss by like 6-8 pts or something and pick like 10th or 12th lolÂ… and so it goes for this team. Whatever, picking top 5 doesnÂ’t guarantee much. IÂ’ve been saying for years that the team needs a scouting and professional development overhaul; too many draft busts. That wonÂ’t fix this season though.

I also think Ducharme and Richardson are good coaches.

Wait and see I guess.

yeah I hear you, they are more bubble team than bottom dweller, especially when Price is back and they get healthier overall.

The problem is it makes a huge difference given the Arizona trade conditions, we don't want to finish 14th and have to give that to the Coyotes and be stuck with Carolina's pick, which could be bottom 8, 4, 2....

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Scott Mellanby resigned as assistant GM. Seems Bergevin will be gone soon. Lot of discussion with Jeff Gorton to be future assistant GM or hockey President. Per TVA Sports
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read from last night from Eric Engels. One of the quotes from that article (I'll copy the link below) was:

It’s widely believed Bergevin, the Montreal native who’s in his 10th year as Canadiens GM, will be replaced by someone who can speak French
    I think no one is surprised in reading this statement but I believe this will continue to be the reason why Montreal will find mediocre candidates. I understand why they feel they need to go this way but hire the best candidate and a damn interpreter LOL!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...for-canadiens/
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

No source, no confirmation.

Montreal cleans house - Marc Bergevin, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Trevor Timmins, Assistant General Manager, as well as Paul Wilson, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs and Communications, have been relieved of their respective functions, effective immediately. 35 minutes ago
    Jeff Gorton (former NYR GM) has been hired as the new Executive VP of Hockey Operations for Montreal.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Strome, Haula
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Svechnikov-RW/LW, Hathaway
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Benoit, Schneider, Burroughs
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Ace

confirmation timmins, bergevin and paul wilson out
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pretty excited for the next NHL draft in 2022, if Timmins is not there…
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Good read from last night from Eric Engels. One of the quotes from that article (I'll copy the link below) was:

I think no one is surprised in reading this statement but I believe this will continue to be the reason why Montreal will find mediocre candidates. I understand why they feel they need to go this way but hire the best candidate and a damn interpreter LOL!

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...for-canadiens/
    Agreed... but it was such a big deal when Randy Cunneyworth was interim head coach and didn't speak French and last year when, because of injuries and Drouin's time off, there were no French speaking players on the team, imagine the reaction if the full time GM doesn't speak French. I'll probably get thrown tomatoes at for this, but boy do I sometimes think we make too much of a big deal of speaking French over here.
    On a fantasy hockey break.

Dobber Sports Master

I support their pro francophone stance and it has not held them back. Timmins is a pure Anglo and he was worse than Bergevin by a country mile. Bergevin did well in his time. He should have canned Timmins a long time ago. The bad drafts hampered him.

Finally a change at the draft table, where the Habs have been hurt the most since… well the early 90s…

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I support their pro francophone stance and it has not held them back. Timmins is a pure Anglo and he was worse than Bergevin by a country mile. Bergevin did well in his time. He should have canned Timmins a long time ago. The bad drafts hampered him.

Finally a change at the draft table, where the Habs have been hurt the most since… well the early 90s…
    Agree at 100%. Bergevin did a good job in trades, but missed a lot by keeping Timmins on board.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here we go again.....Caufield on the 4th line *facepalm*

https://twitter.com/JohnLuTSNMtl/sta...074908680?s=20

@JohnLuTSNMtl
    #Habs vs #Avalanche:
    *Gallagher and Niku in COVID protocol.

Toffoli - Dvorak - Anderson
    Lehkonen- Suzuki - Evans
    Drouin - Poehling - Armia
    Pezzetta - Perreault - Caufield

Chiarot - Savard