Page 7 of 236 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 107 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 3540

Thread: Ottawa Senators

  1. #91
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Here's David Rundblad's new blog for anyone who reads Swedish or loves a good Google translation laugh:

    http://norran.se/bloggar/davidrundblad

    A funny google-translated excerpt.

    On Friday evening we had the honor of being on a horse racing evening where there were treated to food and a ride in the car boot, a sjuuukt cool experience. Note: I do not like horses and have realized that I can not talk to them.

  2. #92
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Note from practice today: Jesse Winchester went into the boards hard and it appears he has injured his shoulder. Matt Carkner also hurt and did not practice today.

  3. #93
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    1 pre-season game in the books. Sens lose 4-2.

    Best players:

    -Erik Karlsson -- best player on the ice by far)
    -Jared Cowen -- 2 goals, steady D, fought Phaneuf)
    -Nikita Filatov -- 2 assists, showed nice hands, great speed, great playmaking(

    Ups and downs:

    -David Rundblad -- showed nice offense later on in the game but had some big turnovers trying to be too creative. No worries there, though, he will adjust. Probably in the AHL to start.
    -Mika Zibanejad -- did not show a lot offensively but finished every check and played a sound 2-way game. I think he'll get better as he gets his feet wet. He's a sponge.

    Duds:

    -Bobby Butler -- didn't do anything, but he wasn't with Spezza, his primary centreman.

  4. #94
    Princeton's Avatar
    Princeton is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,218
    Rep Power
    22

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    1 pre-season game in the books. Sens lose 4-2.

    Best players:

    -Erik Karlsson -- best player on the ice by far)
    -Jared Cowen -- 2 goals, steady D, fought Phaneuf)
    -Nikita Filatov -- 2 assists, showed nice hands, great speed, great playmaking(

    Ups and downs:

    -David Rundblad -- showed nice offense later on in the game but had some big turnovers trying to be too creative. No worries there, though, he will adjust. Probably in the AHL to start.
    -Mika Zibanejad -- did not show a lot offensively but finished every check and played a sound 2-way game. I think he'll get better as he gets his feet wet. He's a sponge.

    Duds:

    -Bobby Butler -- didn't do anything, but he wasn't with Spezza, his primary centreman.
    I agree with every point.

    Lehner looked OK as well. Not great, but OK.

    Mika looked pretty damn good to me. After the rookie tourney I had hoped he could translate that aggressive game to big show. So far, so good.

    Big Ev:

    1) Do you think that Mika is ahead of DaCosta or anyone else for that 2nd line C gig?
    2) Who would you compare him too. My team is a top contender for my league but I'm not sure if I would rather have Mika or Boedker for this year. Any thoughts?
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4


    G:Hart.......Shestyorkin
    D: Karlsson....Brannstrom.....Klingberg.....R Andersson.......Dunn......Fox

    F: Tarasenko....Caufield...Turcotte.....Batherson.... .Borgstrom....Denisenko
    W Nylander.....D Strome.....Kravtsov......E.Lindholm......Chytil... ..Frost



    2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

  5. #95
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
    I agree with every point.

    Lehner looked OK as well. Not great, but OK.

    Mika looked pretty damn good to me. After the rookie tourney I had hoped he could translate that aggressive game to big show. So far, so good.

    Big Ev:

    1) Do you think that Mika is ahead of DaCosta or anyone else for that 2nd line C gig?
    2) Who would you compare him too. My team is a top contender for my league but I'm not sure if I would rather have Mika or Boedker for this year. Any thoughts?
    1) Still early but #2C is still Peter Regin's to lose, most likely. He had a strong game last night IMO. Not sure if Mika is ahead of Da Costa, we'll see soon.

    2) I've been trying to find somebody to compare him to for a while and I can't pinpoint one...he seems to be unique. At different times I see Forsberg, Backstrom, Sundin (in terms of playing style, not projected upside). Others say Okposo, Kesler, Mike Fisher with actual hockey sense, and even Malkin because of the skating style. So as you can see, there are mixed opinions when it comes to comparables for him.

    I would probably take Boedker but I am unfamiliar with Phoenix's situation. Is he expected to play and play a big role? Your question will be easier to answer in about 2 weeks.

  6. #96
    littleranger's Avatar
    littleranger is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,591
    Location
    Niagara
    Rep Power
    23

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default

    A couple of questions for the Sens Army..

    Mika killed it with Petersson in the rookie camp. Do you think that could mean time with Alfy (trying to toss him with a Swede)? Maybe a line of Michalek-Z-Alfredsson?

    Also, Cowen had a great game last night but his skating still is pretty brutal. Do you think he can make the team even with his subpar skating?
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

  7. #97
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    A couple of questions for the Sens Army..

    Mika killed it with Petersson in the rookie camp. Do you think that could mean time with Alfy (trying to toss him with a Swede)? Maybe a line of Michalek-Z-Alfredsson?

    Also, Cowen had a great game last night but his skating still is pretty brutal. Do you think he can make the team even with his subpar skating?
    1) I think if he makes the team he would be given thrid line minutes, so probably not with Alfie regularily. Maybe though, who knows.

    2) Cowen's skating is not brutal in the slightest. He's pretty moible when he wants to be, and is considered an above average skater for his size. Skating is not a concern with him, and trying to put it politely, I'm really not sure what you're talking about. He makes the team easily.

  8. #98
    Location
    Mtl
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Sophomore

    Default

    I'll give Rundblad the benefit of the doubt being his first game, but I thought he looked terrible throughout the game. Ottawa's D was sloppy overall though.

    Even without the nice set-ups, I thought Filatov looked pretty good on the forecheck. And I was impressed with Cowen at both ends of the ice.

  9. #99
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    Rundblad will take some time to adjust. No worries though, Karlsson had to go through the same thing, and look at him now. I don't think he will ever be as good as Karlsson but you can tell he'll be a good one on offense.

    Filatov was pretty impressive for his first game in a long while. Will be interesting to see what he can do with Spezza.

  10. #100
    VincentVega's Avatar
    VincentVega is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,732
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    1 pre-season game in the books. Sens lose 4-2.

    -Jared Cowen -- 2 goals, steady D, fought Phaneuf)
    Hey Ev, do you see Cowen becoming a big PIM producer? He's had lots of PIM in the WHL but doesn't always translate to similar PIM production in the NHL. Do you see him getting 100+ PIM? Maybe 150?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

  11. #101
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    I'm thinking he doesn't get 100 PIM consistently. I'm thinking more Schenn or Weber or Staal type PIM numbers. Not sure if he will fight as much in the NHL. Tough to really say though.

  12. #102
    Princeton's Avatar
    Princeton is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,218
    Rep Power
    22

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default

    Is anyone watching the game tonight?

    Any updates?

    How does Filatov look in his 2nd game? Z? DaCosta?

  13. #103
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    I was there but left after 2. Only Brian Lee and maybe Regin, Cowen, and Foligno stood out, but even then the game was sloppy for both teams. Filatov showed some flashes but stumbled a lot. Da Costa also showed nice hands and defensive awareness. Terrible hockey to watch but hey it's pre-season and both rosters were weak.

    Zibanejad had a nice slapper to win it in OT, though.

  14. #104
    TK12555's Avatar
    TK12555 is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,405
    Location
    Toronto
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Master

    Default

    Ev, which rookies do you think crack the roster this year?
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

  15. #105
    Big Ev's Avatar
    Big Ev is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,867
    Rep Power
    0

    Banned

    Default

    I'm only giving one guarantee: Jared Cowen. Other one is either Zibanejad or Da Costa.

    and technically Colin Greening is a rookie too, so him as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •