Page 5 of 244 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Banned

Looking like MacLean will definitely be the head coach.

Banned

Paul MacLean being introduced as new head coach tomorrow, as per Bob McKenzie.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't think it is ever a bad stategy hiring a person from within the Red Wings' organization. Hopefully Ottawa can find some stability behind the bench for once with MacLean.

Banned

He is a great offensive mind apparently, but also worked with the D in Detroit. He led Detroit's PP for the last little while. Was hired by Murray in Anaheim.

Great hire.

Administrator

It's official now - Ottawa names Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds as assistant coaches.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...892/story.html
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Banned

Good hires. We have ourselves an awesome coaching staff.

Banned

Crazy weekend for the Sens. Here are the guys who have been added to the organization after Draft weekend:

LW - Nikita Filatov (acquired from Columbus for 3rd round pick)

#6: C - Mika Zibanejad (Djurgarden SEL)

#21: RW - Stefan Noesen (Plymouth OHL)

#24: LW - Matt Puempel (Peterborough OHL)

#61: LW - Shane Prince (Ottawa OHL)

#96: C - Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Gatineau QMJHL)

#126: D - Fredrick Claesson (Djurgarden SEL)

#156: C - Darren Kramer (Spokane WHL)

#171: LW - Max McCormick (Sioux City USHL)

#186: D - Jordan Fransoo (Brandon WHL)

#204: C - Ryan Dzingle (Lincoln USHL)

Training camp will be very interesting with Filatov, Zibanejad, Puempel and Noesen in the fold.

The Filatov trade will be a

Dobber Sports Guru

Hey Ev,

I'd like to hear your thoughts regarding Noesen and Puempel? Who do you think has the higher upside of these two and who'd you rather have in your fantasy team? I've seen Noesen compared to Perry type of player which obviously intrigues the hell out of me. But on the other hand Puempel is said to be the best goal scorer in this years draft and seems to be more highly regarded in fantasy leagues. But how is Puempel's physical game? Is he more of a Kessel-type of scorer or does he have grit in his game (= hits and some PIM)?

I'm targeting either of these two in my upcoming draft but can't decide who rank higher. It's a multi-cat league - similar to the one in my sig - so not just looking for most points but better potential for all-across the board production. Any help is appreciated.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Banned

Hey Carcillo. Tough call!

I would rank Noesen higher in terms of all-around production. He looks like a legit NHLer and is intense on the ice. Has a good shot, especially one-timer on the PP, and displayed some nice hands/passes in the development camp. Also had nice PIM totals this season, but we'll see if those carry over to next year, as sometimes PIM totals can be flukey. I think given his fiery style of play, the PIMs will continue to be high, though. I think he will be a good hitter as well, given his frame (6'1" 190+ right now), and given that he actually uses it. Also, the fact that Ottawa picked him over Puempel the first time around speaks volumes to me a bit....they see him as the more complete player.

Puempel would definitely be better if you're just looking for goals. He is a natural goal scorer. He also has a temper at times, so he will get you some PIM's as well. That beings said, I don't think he's like Kessel, as Peterborough did put him on the PK and in tight defensive situations, so it seems they trust his complete game. I don't think he's a big hitter, but he should get some decent PIMs I think.

That being said, Puempel is valued much higher right now, so you could probably even get both players if you want. I see a ton of drafts posted on here with Noesen drafted after some second rounders, which is very odd to me. He isn't as well known so he will probably fall. TSN also didn't help, as they compared him to Max Lapierre for some reason...so most people who don't know him will look at that and think he's not that great lol.

So in short, I would rank Noesen over Puempel, but Puempel will probably go a lot earlier in the draft given his perceived goal-scoring value.

Banned

Sens signed Erik Condra today. 2-years, $625,000. One-way.

That makes it 12 forwards with a one-year deal assuming Butler gets one as well.

Jakob Silfverberg will head back to Sweden, but the Murrays are trying to keep him here for camp.

Early line projections (with Mika Zibanejad making the team):

Filatov-Spezza-Michalek
    Foligno-Regin-Alfredsson
    Greening-Smith-Butler
    Condra-Konopka-Neil
    Winchester

Phillips-Lee
    Cowen-Karlsson
    Gonchar-Rundblad
    Carkner

I think Kuba gets dealt, along with a forward or two.

Mika Zibanejad is a wild card. If he makes team he is the 2nd line or 3rd line centre.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You don't think Butler will play along side Spezza? They seemed to have played well together at the end of last season from the 10 games or so I went to.
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Banned

Depends if Filatov plays with Spezza, I think. I don't think they will want two snipers with Spezza, I think they would want a sniper and a guy like Michalek who can do some dirty work.

I think Butler either plays with Spezza, or plays on a Bingo line. He could also play wtih Zibanejad if he made it. Lots of options.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I really hope the Sens have a great year as I have loved what they have done this off-season.

Would anyone care to guess as to what the point projections would be for my 3 Sens?

Erik Karlsson
    David Rundblad
    Nikita Filatov
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Sorokin
    D: Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovich....F ox....Zellweger....Toews

F: Eichel....Caufield.......J Robertson......W Nylander.......Kucherov....Lundell
    Eklund.....W Johnston.....Marchenko......Stankoven.......Peterk a.....Holtz

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th

Banned

Next year:

Karlsson 55
    Rundblad 25 maybe with some AHL time here and there
    Filatov hard to say...I'll say 40ish for now. 50+ if he's wih Spezza. But a lot more ? marks. This year should have been his real rookie season. He was stupidly rushed by the worst management team in the league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Next year:

Karlsson 55
    Rundblad 25 maybe with some AHL time here and there
    Filatov hard to say...I'll say 40ish for now. 50+ if he's wih Spezza. But a lot more ? marks. This year should have been his real rookie season. He was stupidly rushed by the worst management team in the league.
    Thank-you.