Page 237 of 244 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

This team...

Bruce Garrioch@SunGarrioch

Dorion didn't qualify Anthony Duclair, Jayce Hawryluk and Andreas Englund. #Sens

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think not qualifying Duclair was probably the right business move. They can re-sign him as UFA for less because it's likely no one else will pay him what his production should be worth. It's a gamble, but it's a business as unfair as it seems sometimes. I think Duclair deserves better based on his performance and we'll see shortly if an NHL team agrees.

I love the future of this teams prospects, but man, if they just trade them when they become to pricey/successful, then they will continue to lose fans. You can't continually yank their hearts out and expect loyalty, business or not.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

They've had a long time to re-sign him. I highly doubt he's returning.

I'm also surprised about Hawyrluk, he played well for them after being claimed.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think everyone is excited about what Ottawa is doing but let's be honest, they still have a cheap ass owner who will find a way to help screw this up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I’m not excited. They will piss this rebuild away too. As long as Melnyk owns this team they are going to be a tire fire.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I’m not excited. They will piss this rebuild away too. As long as Melnyk owns this team they are going to be a tire fire.
    I loved the draft, look forward to seeing these young players develop, esp excited about the German but agree with the athletic's Wheeler that they blew the draft. Their small scouting staff fishes in just a few talent ponds and has blinders on for talent outside that range.

However, I am under no allusions about the long term and agree 100% with post above.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

The Magnificent One

Anyone have a guess on what Ottawa’s forward lines will look like next year?
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm not going to try but what i find most intriguing is centre and where Norris ends up. I suspect he's their best option and he may be getting the most minutes by the end of year, but I doubt they want to annoint him as #1 after the White flop last year. Maybe they make Tierney the new Pageau and give him top billing with Dadonov and/or Tkachuk to take the pressure off the kids.
    Another biggie for me is Logan Brown. We'd all love to have a 6-6 #1 centre, a poor man's byfield, but the TSN depth chart didn't even have him in the top 16.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

Someone should just shut down this thread, everyone's moved on clearly.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Someone should just shut down this thread, everyone's moved on clearly.
    Everyone's moved on from the Senators? You're probably right LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Anyone have a guess on what Ottawa’s forward lines will look like next year?
    If they play 82 games, I assume they'll have 80 line combinations.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If they play 82 games, I assume they'll have 80 line combinations.
    So, a typical NHL coaches approach to line combinations. Oh, you didn't score on a particular shift, so into the blender you go. As a player, I absolutely loved when you mesh with certain players and would hate it when they would split us up. It would not improve my play at all. I was lucky to play on a line for two years on a military team in Europe and we just clicked. We almost never got scored on and lit the lamp regularly. I think back very fondly to those days and think about this when I see the pros having to play all over the place and can't help wonder how much better hockey we would see if they kept some lines together for more than a period. Yeah, I know they often keep two players together and rotate other players onto the line, which is pretty decent, but I digress.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

It does seem to happen more these days than I remember it used to. Even as recently as the 90s lines seemed to stay together a lot more.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    So, a typical NHL coaches approach to line combinations. Oh, you didn't score on a particular shift, so into the blender you go. As a player, I absolutely loved when you mesh with certain players and would hate it when they would split us up. It would not improve my play at all. I was lucky to play on a line for two years on a military team in Europe and we just clicked. We almost never got scored on and lit the lamp regularly. I think back very fondly to those days and think about this when I see the pros having to play all over the place and can't help wonder how much better hockey we would see if they kept some lines together for more than a period. Yeah, I know they often keep two players together and rotate other players onto the line, which is pretty decent, but I digress.
    I meant it more of a reflection of the state of the Sens roster for the upcoming season than DJ Smith's propensity to mix and match.

Ottawa is my odds on favorite to lead the NHL in non-injury roster moves this season. healthy scratches, waiver exempt demotions etc. It'll be a line blender due to growth and headaches.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

The worst I ever observed was the line-juggling under Paul McLean. It was one of those instances (like the World Series decision to take out Snell) where you think, "Yeah, I or the average fantasy league player could manage a team better than these clowns." Sens would be struggling and he'd put together a line that would really click. And he'd put the hottest players on that line on other lines to "get them going" and spread the wealth. And of course that rarely happened. He just weakened the hot line. Drove me nuts.

-- Boethius