Page 235 of 244 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    When the draft is announced and Ottawa has the 1st and 3rd selections, I expect business to pickup. Even if they lose and get 3rd and 4th, good lord, look out the Sens are coming in hot. They are basically guaranteed to get 2 of Byfield, Raymond and Rossi...with the potential that one of those names becomes Lafreniere.

And they are already stacked with potential before these newest additions. Oh, and the have third 1st rounder and three 2nds.
    While the draft is usually full of surprises, I highly doubt they'd take Rossi over Stutzle. I've yet to see a list where Rossi is named in the top 3. Whereas I've seen more than a few having Stutzle as the 3rd best in the draft. Some have said he could challenge for the 2nd OA. Regardless, Ottawa is sitting real pretty going into the draft this year. Good time to force Melnyk out so he doesn't ship them away when they need a raise.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    While the draft is usually full of surprises, I highly doubt they'd take Rossi over Stutzle. I've yet to see a list where Rossi is named in the top 3. Whereas I've seen more than a few having Stutzle as the 3rd best in the draft. Some have said he could challenge for the 2nd OA. Regardless, Ottawa is sitting real pretty going into the draft this year. Good time to force Melnyk out so he doesn't ship them away when they need a raise.
    the Power of 1 as Bob Mackenzie always says. It only takes one team to like one player better and then bang!

it doesn’t matter how many lists have Stutzle in the top three and Rossi outside. The only list that matters is the team picking’s list. And that team might have Rossi ahead of Stutzle.

How many lists last year had that German Defensmen in the top 10? None that I recall... most lists has Seider around the Flyers pick at 14 as I remember him being a likely option for the Flyers there. And what happened? Detroit took him 6th overall. That ONE team liked him better than any one else when it was their turn to draft and they took him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Tim Stutzle might have something to say about that.
    I don’t like Kool-Aid.

Dobber Sports Genius

Considering the quality of young forwards in their system it wouldn’t surprise me to see them trade down for Drysdale with that second 1st rounder.

Whatever they do it’ll be tough to mess this opportunity up.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Considering the quality of young forwards in their system it wouldn’t surprise me to see them trade down for Drysdale with that second 1st rounder.

Whatever they do it’ll be tough to mess this opportunity up.
    That sounds like a challenge! Lol.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    That sounds like a challenge! Lol.
    Believe me, it felt strange writing that about Melnyk and Co. hahaha
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

This team must be frothing at the mouth waiting to draft it's future.. 3 picks in what looks to be a very strong draft!! And not to mention, 2 very high picks!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just when we thought the Sens would be finished with insanely terrible press releases and maybe turn the corner on a multiple year downfall and shitshow, their own charity which is called the Sens Foundation has severed ties with the club.

Let that sink in.

So much for Sens fans only thinking about the positives of their huge draft coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Just when we thought the Sens would be finished with insanely terrible press releases and maybe turn the corner on a multiple year downfall and shitshow, their own charity which is called the Sens Foundation has severed ties with the club.

Let that sink in.

So much for Sens fans only thinking about the positives of their huge draft coming up.
    I just read the article about that and was coming here to post it.

Pretty bad that a team foundation doesn't want anything to do with the team anymore..

Maybe because the foundation is more successful financially then the team?

It has raised more than $31 million in the last five fiscal years of operation, with net proceeds granted to charities and projects throughout eastern Ontario and western Quebec.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Expert

I was reading another thread so thought I'd post here intested rather than derailing the other thread (3rd overall, who's the pick)

What they do with #5 is really intriguing. A lot of projections have OTT going C/W with their first two picks or a Byfield,Stutzle/Drysdale,Sanderson approach. And theres always the argument for BPA over organizational need or vice versa.

OTT is not set with D and F prospects (no team is as they are all prospects and have some uncertainty clinged to their name). But they had very nice chips in the pipeline there. So on the BPA vs organizational need debate and with the lack of true top end goaltending in their system, what if they trade back from 5 to 9/10 area and shoot for Askarov? Or no offers and go off the board and take Askarov at 5? There are some free agent goalies which would be more stop gaps given the time line, and maybe OTT doesn't want to wait for an Askarov to develop? Just some morning coffee thoughts.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    I was reading another thread so thought I'd post here intested rather than derailing the other thread (3rd overall, who's the pick)

What they do with #5 is really intriguing. A lot of projections have OTT going C/W with their first two picks or a Byfield,Stutzle/Drysdale,Sanderson approach. And theres always the argument for BPA over organizational need or vice versa.

OTT is not set with D and F prospects (no team is as they are all prospects and have some uncertainty clinged to their name). But they had very nice chips in the pipeline there. So on the BPA vs organizational need debate and with the lack of true top end goaltending in their system, what if they trade back from 5 to 9/10 area and shoot for Askarov? Or no offers and go off the board and take Askarov at 5? There are some free agent goalies which would be more stop gaps given the time line, and maybe OTT doesn't want to wait for an Askarov to develop? Just some morning coffee thoughts.
    Taking a goalie that early is one hell of a gamble. It worked for Montreal and even for Pittsburgh back in the day with MAF so who knows.

It would be a ballsy pick for sure.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ottawa moving the NYI pick with 2nd round pick would be the way I would move up to about 10 (winnipeg, Nash, Florida).

Maybe a Nashville trade to dump salary to Ottawa (Bonino?) to make it happen. I wouldn't move back from 5 to 10 to gain more picks. I would use one of my 7 2nd round picks over the next 2 yrs to get the deal done.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Wizard

Bold Prediction: 3 = Stutzle , 5 = Rossi
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ottawa moving the NYI pick with 2nd round pick would be the way I would move up to about 10 (winnipeg, Nash, Florida).

Maybe a Nashville trade to dump salary to Ottawa (Bonino?) to make it happen. I wouldn't move back from 5 to 10 to gain more picks. I would use one of my 7 2nd round picks over the next 2 yrs to get the deal done.
    I forgot about the 3rd pick. To me that would be what I would do if I were Ottawa. Even giving up a few more picks. If they could walk out of the first round with two top 5's and Askarov, thats a great haul for the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Bold Prediction: 3 = Stutzle , 5 = Rossi
    This isn't bold imo. Rossi is very much in the top 5 conversation. Especially the OTT connection there. I could easily see OTT doing this. Rossi has been great in junior.

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both Stutzle and Rossi go just before both of Ottawa's picks. Stutzle will go 2nd to LA and Rossi will go 4th to Detroit. Ottawa gladly picks Byfield 3rd and one of Raymond or Perfetti 5th. Thats my prediction.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."