Page 231 of 244 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 241 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Formenton out with a concussion, Dzingel out with LBI. Both have been placed on IR.

#Sens roster updates:
    Cody Ceci (upper body injury), Ryan Dzingel (lower body injury) and Alex Formenton (concussion) have been placed on the IR.

Defenceman Christian Jaros and forward Nick Paul have been recalled from Belleville (AHL).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Critical piece on Melnyk:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/new...cid=spartanntp

You think he would know not to go to war with sportswriters if he has thin skin. I think it's best when owners are like the old English proverb about kids, they should be seen, but not heard.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just watched Bobby Ryan force Kyle Turris to throw down after Turris gave Ryan a couple of whacks to his gloves/hands. I didn't like the little "innocent" slashes to the hand and loved Ryan's reaction to that. The only thing is I hope he doesn't break his hand on Turris' helmet or face. I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, although I do own Ellis and Johansen...I also own Brady Tkachuk and Dzingel. Now if Ottawa could do away with that annoying horn. Keep scoring the goals, just replace the horn with something, anything.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Just watched Bobby Ryan force Kyle Turris to throw down after Turris gave Ryan a couple of whacks to his gloves/hands. I didn't like the little "innocent" slashes to the hand and loved Ryan's reaction to that. The only thing is I hope he doesn't break his hand on Turris' helmet or face. I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, although I do own Ellis and Johansen...I also own Brady Tkachuk and Dzingel. Now if Ottawa could do away with that annoying horn. Keep scoring the goals, just replace the horn with something, anything.
    And Brian Burke says Bobby Ryan can't even spell intensity lol

That was weird seeing those two fight; Bobby definitely had the upper hand. Probably should have got an instigator...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    And Brian Burke says Bobby Ryan can't even spell intensity lol

That was weird seeing those two fight; Bobby definitely had the upper hand. Probably should have got an instigator...
    Ryan was clearly pissed about the slashes. Maybe they weren't best buds in Ottawa! lol Also agree that he could have gotten an instigator, but I think it's right he didn't. Turris got forced to answer for his stickwork.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Anyone know what Ottawa gets after trading Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingle? I've lost track.
    Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan19 View Post
    Anyone know what Ottawa gets after trading Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingle? I've lost track.
    A bunch of players they'll eventually trade

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

tsn put it together in a screen shot
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

I kind of wish that guy who defended every Sens' decision no matter what was still on these boards -- I'd love to see how he would defend the regime and this total crap show now.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I kind of wish that guy who defended every Sens' decision no matter what was still on these boards -- I'd love to see how he would defend the regime and this total crap show now.
    it's all about the returns now... greatest rebuild of all time.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    You mean Big Ev. He was sad and I think this forum has destroyed him enough and gotten waaay over him. So sad that cat.

Sens are in such deep trouble. If ownership doesn’t change they’ll be in this same position in 5 years. Who I really feel for is the kids in town, who get jerseys as presents with all their favourite players only to see them shipped out of town on account of money. They can’t understand that and it still stings. Their emotions are very real even if they don’t get everything and in a way they are the ultimate fans that way. They are the fans of tomorrow but in this climate I can’t see too many being grown...

Dobber Sports Padawan

You're right. I went through the same thing as a kid with the Expos. I cried, and i wasn't a crying kid, when they traded Staub. I kept believing and we actually had some good years. But they traded The Kid. And let go a ton of super-stars for nothing before the team fell apart. I came to terms with that as an adult by accepting that Montreal wasn't really a baseball city. If the Habs were still in the playoffs, you could barely get 25k in the Big Owe on a sunny Saturday in May or June when they had elite teams and were fighting for first, and playing an arch-rival like the Phillies. Ottawa isn't a big city but it's a hockey city -- fans passionate, knowledgable, and loyal if they see a real effort from team and management.

And yeah, without a new owner this "rebuild" is a dead cat bounce -- and most fans know it. Big Ev must be beside himself.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Pro

The irrational nature of human beings guarantees that this team will continue to have fans despite making every possible effort to alienate them. Psychology is such an interesting field of study.

Dobber Sports Master

While I agree with some of that BMPanarin, the business community in Ottawa is really small and with 30% of the town as civil servants who cannot accept gifts, the presence in and participation to corporate boxes etc. is pretty thin. I don’t think people in this town know their pro hockey as much as other markets but they do know their minor hockey and it is one of the rare locations where a junior team does well in the presence of a pro team. Mississauga, Brampton and Toronto couldn’t swing that despite massive populations.

Reminds me of the Habs of the late 90s. Those were some long, long years. The sens don’t have the tradition of the Habs.. nor the widespread fan base, so I think the team is in serious trouble.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan19 View Post
    For Karlsson:

Josh Norris, Christ Tierney, Rudolph Balcers, Dylan DeMelo, a 2019 2nd rounder (the better of San Jose's or Florida's), what's likely to be a 2020 first rounder (2019 if the Sharks miss the playoffs, which they won't), a 2021 1st or second (second if the Sharks re-sign Karlsson, a 1st if they make it to the Stanley Cup Final). Worth noting this could easily end up as Florida's second and a 2020 first, there's just a ton of conditions.

For Duchene:

2019 First, Abramov, Davidsson, conditional 202 1st (if he re-signs in Columbus)

For Dzingel:

Duclair, 2 2nds

For Stone:

Branstrom, Oscar Lindberg, and a 2nd

I hate that it came to this for them, but even with these great players it wasn't working. hard to think it won't happen again, but this actually does seem like a decent foundation for a rebuild. Other than the whole cap floor thing lol
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko