Page 230 of 244 FirstFirst ... 130 180 220 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 240 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Good question - answer = complete mismanagement by ownership and the front office, players themselves. It?s crazy how everything has fallen off the rails so quickly and it?s difficult to understand how the locker room was lost so quickly.

Be what it may, the lack of commitment to Turris seems to be the first indication of the fallout to come. Bringing in Duchesne, a malignant problem on the Colorado roster doesn?t help. Replacing a leader with a cancer is never a good plan, even if Duchene does eventually turn it around.

Threatening to move the team mid-season after a long playoff push also must not sit well with players either - especially with someone like Karlsson who?s elite, has lots of options and an expiring deal. Combine that with the Hoffman drama and the whole team is in turmoil. Karlsson not resigning seems like the end result and management not dealing with the Hoffman situation until this summer definitely had its effects. They needed to shut that guy down for the year probably - killing his trade value likely. Hoffman not telling his gf to drop it is also a sign - that?s his career and she?s damaged it and the Sens organization. The players in that locker room needed to tell that guy what was up and kill that problem or nip it before it got outta hand.

Ottawa likely should?ve gone the route of the Rangers and sold off Karlsson to Vegas for as many young assets and picks as they could muster - then gut the remainder of their roster to recoup value once they realized they had a tire fire on their hands - evident prior to the deadline last season. Now they?ll fetch way less on the market for these guys as they will likely not resign and there is a long rebuild in store
    Don't forget Randy Lee, who probably got blasted at the combine from all of this crap and then touched a teen and said inappropriate drunk babble, enough to get charged... Oy...

I wonder if they could just not play the 18-19 season entirely and regroup for the next year. I know I don't plan on going to any games to support the product this management group has created and I honestly feel terrible for season ticket holders who have this as their entertainment investment.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree that the Turris trade was a turning point. I hated that at the time....getting within one goal of the final means you reward your core group. Everything seemed to nosedive after that, and I thought at the time that the vets didn't like it. When he said that melnyk didn't want him back, it seemed that a collapse was likely. That said, I was shocked at how serious the collapse was.

I watched Stone in the WHL, and I am actually not at all surprised that he's turned into a star. He's one of the best two-way forwards I've ever seen in an Ottawa uniform. Not locking him up on a multi-year dealmreally doesn't sit well with me, regardless of whether it is Stone's fault or the team's.

I won't be paying for Centre Ice this year, that's for sure. We can only hope a new owner takes over, amd locks up EK. Something tells me however that both Stone and Karlsson will be traded for crap. After seeing San Jose get a better return for Hoffman than Ottawa did, I am not confident. And if Duchene leaves too...

Crazy how close they got to the final though. Damn you, Chris Kunitz
    10-team Keeper. Everyone keeps 12 + 1 G + 3 "young keepers" (players with less than 164 NHL games played), and 1G. Points for G (2), A (2), PIM (.2), Hit (.2), Blk (.2) SHP(1), W(4), SO(8) Must dress 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G

C - Crosby, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Eichel, Johansen
    LW - E. Kane, Drouin, Schenn, Miller, Foligno, Zucker
    RW - Wheeler, Stone, Lindholm, Oshie, Tolvanen
    D - Karlsson, Carlson, Dumba, Nurse, Ceci, Pionk, Larsson, Montour
    G - Murray, Quick, Koskinen, Blackwood, Georgiev

Minors - Turcotte, Bouchard, Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Good question - answer = complete mismanagement by ownership and the front office, players themselves. It?s crazy how everything has fallen off the rails so quickly and it?s difficult to understand how the locker room was lost so quickly.

Be what it may, the lack of commitment to Turris seems to be the first indication of the fallout to come. Bringing in Duchesne, a malignant problem on the Colorado roster doesn?t help. Replacing a leader with a cancer is never a good plan, even if Duchene does eventually turn it around.

Threatening to move the team mid-season after a long playoff push also must not sit well with players either - especially with someone like Karlsson who?s elite, has lots of options and an expiring deal. Combine that with the Hoffman drama and the whole team is in turmoil. Karlsson not resigning seems like the end result and management not dealing with the Hoffman situation until this summer definitely had its effects. They needed to shut that guy down for the year probably - killing his trade value likely. Hoffman not telling his gf to drop it is also a sign - that?s his career and she?s damaged it and the Sens organization. The players in that locker room needed to tell that guy what was up and kill that problem or nip it before it got outta hand.

Ottawa likely should?ve gone the route of the Rangers and sold off Karlsson to Vegas for as many young assets and picks as they could muster - then gut the remainder of their roster to recoup value once they realized they had a tire fire on their hands - evident prior to the deadline last season. Now they?ll fetch way less on the market for these guys as they will likely not resign and there is a long rebuild in store
    NHL Trump confirms Duchene as a locker room cancer:
    https://twitter.com/trump_nhl/status/948311087128117248
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    NHL Trump confirms Duchene as a locker room cancer:
    https://twitter.com/trump_nhl/status/948311087128117248
    I can't believe that's a thing. I would like to go just one day without hearing anything related to that dufus. It's tired and I'm tired but the media are happy because they have something distracting/clickbait to print every day. For all their complaints, I swear they voted him in..
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I can't believe that's a thing. I would like to go just one day without hearing anything related to that dufus. It's tired and I'm tired but the media are happy because they have something distracting/clickbait to print every day. For all their complaints, I swear they voted him in..
    I was surprised it was a thing as well. I hadn't heard that Duchene was a locker room cancer. I googled it and bam, there were enough articles from legit people that I guess it was true - I still don't want to believe it and think it could just be the mix of players was wrong for Duchene. I could be very wrong, but so be it. I like Duchene, so I hope things work out for him and the Sens. Some people like tire fires, right? Right?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I was surprised it was a thing as well. I hadn't heard that Duchene was a locker room cancer. I googled it and bam, there were enough articles from legit people that I guess it was true - I still don't want to believe it and think it could just be the mix of players was wrong for Duchene. I could be very wrong, but so be it. I like Duchene, so I hope things work out for him and the Sens. Some people like tire fires, right? Right?
    I meant Trump hahahahaha! I was surprised NHL_Trump was a thing lol.

I'm certain Duchene hurt the room in COL but he didn't want to be there. I'm sure he has not hurt the room in OTT. If someone is unhappy, they will be a cancer in the room if no one can help them get out of it (or if they can't get themselves out of the negativity no matter what).
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I meant Trump hahahahaha! I was surprised NHL_Trump was a thing lol.

I'm certain Duchene hurt the room in COL but he didn't want to be there. I'm sure he has not hurt the room in OTT. If someone is unhappy, they will be a cancer in the room if no one can help them get out of it (or if they can't get themselves out of the negativity no matter what).
    well... if he walked into a room filled with tension.. he might have checked out. I think he just needs to land in a good situation. A year from now, he'll have that.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Big ev is still defending the sens

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Of that, there is no doubt!

Dobber Sports Deity

Batherson training all summer here in Halifax with Sid, Marchand and MacKinnon. Good interview.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pretty good looking find for a 4th round pick!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    What's Big Ev's handle these days? Is he still around? I haven't been on this thread in ages and i used to come on for the sheer entertainment value of his inane lines of defence for the Worst Management In NHL Historytm. But I assume even this debacle became too much for him.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    What's Big Ev's handle these days? Is he still around? I haven't been on this thread in ages and i used to come on for the sheer entertainment value of his inane lines of defence for the Worst Management In NHL Historytm. But I assume even this debacle became too much for him.
    F814718A-4BD8-4773-92C0-9150E41AE35B.jpeg52D1E5E6-8A46-4330-8E7F-CDF04810FF75.jpegFAB6A460-73F0-41C0-8C71-4ECFE8502FC4.jpeg

Dobber Sports Icon

Holy shit that last one is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

top prospects = lol. And i think taking Colin White over the kid that played under their noses with the 67s, Konecny, will haunt them. Oh well, i guess he's a loyal guy, and there's something to be said for loyalty in many domains.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius