Page 228 of 244 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Call me naive but I don't think Hoffman's value is super badly affected by this. This is a league where guys paid for players like Sean Avery, Alex Burrows, Jarkko Ruutu etc. This is a guy that's been producing 25+ goals pretty regularly for a few years now with a pretty reasonable cap hit for the next 2 years. And all it would take to put it back where it belongs is for him to break up with this psycho, which he may yet do if confronted with indisputable evidence.

I think there's a good possibility Hoffman doesn't believe his gf did this, cuz people in love can be kinda blind and give their lovers the benefit of the doubt. The allegations sound totally bananas, like 100/100 on the maladjusted psycho meter, and if Hoffman is in love with her he obviously doesn't look at her that way. I also think that the club probably has to have more to go on than "someone is coordinating multiple troll accounts and making 1000s or disgusting comments" to discipline a dude that isn't even accused of doing this -- it's his gf. Can you discipline a guy for dating a psycho? I don't even know. I do know there have been rumors they are trying to move him for ages, so maybe they are trying to do something.

While it's obvious from the reactions of Hammond's wife and Turris' wife that Hoffman's gf is a total jerk, I figure Karlsson and his wife must have gotten some legit evidence that it was her recently in order to be able to take this step. It's certainly interesting.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I'm surprised the twitterverse isn't frantically calling for Hoffman's suspension, pending an investigation. I wouldn't support such a decision; however, would it maybe help curry some favour with Karlsson, who has to be their main priority, right ?
    You can't suspend someone for something their spouse has allegedly done. No one's accusing Hoffman of any wrongdoing, other than possibly dating the devil.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thoughts on Duchene ? His contract is up next year do you think he stays ?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    not sure now is a good time to speculate on 2019 UFA's. My answer right now is he Runs.

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber Sports Stud

More on Lee's suspension from TSN:

https://www.tsn.ca/senators-suspend-...-lee-1.1114169

Dobber Sports Jedi

This shouldn't really come as any surprise. It's the correct PR move.

The Great One

I don't think Duchene stays with Ottawa. My guess he is traded this year for a return that is far less than what Ottawa paid...

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa couldn't get their 1st round pick next year back ...

Dobber Sports Deity

Its a bit early to say but I think a lot depends on how he does this upcoming season. They paid a hefty price to acquire him so I can see them wanting to keep him but a lot will depend on his asking price. I have always said I wont be surprised to see him look for something close to what Ryan Johansen got, if not more depending on where the cap goes to.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Ottawa couldn't get their 1st round pick next year back ...
    There's been speculation by media in Ottawa about whether the Sens might be willing to do a trade that sends their fourth overall to Colorado in exchange for Colorado's 16th overall and then Ottawa keeps its first-round pick next year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    There's been speculation by media in Ottawa about whether the Sens might be willing to do a trade that sends their fourth overall to Colorado in exchange for Colorado's 16th overall and then Ottawa keeps its first-round pick next year.
    That would be great for Ottawa, but not sure why the Avalance would want to trade a lottery pick next year and a mid-first this year for a lottery pick this year.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    That would be great for Ottawa, but not sure why the Avalance would want to trade a lottery pick next year and a mid-first this year for a lottery pick this year.
    Because Colorado would know they are getting fourth overall. They have no idea what will happen next year. Anderson could go on a hot run. The Sens could sort everything out and squeak into the playoffs. Or they could make the third round again and wind up with the 28th overall pick?

From Colorado's perspective, what are the odds Ottawa will get a higher pick than #4. Ottawa could be the second-worst team in the league next year and wind up with the fifth overall pick? Colorado might be better off going with the sure pick as opposed to gambling on next year.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Because Colorado would know they are getting fourth overall. They have no idea what will happen next year. Anderson could go on a hot run. The Sens could sort everything out and squeak into the playoffs. Or they could make the third round again and wind up with the 28th overall pick?

From Colorado's perspective, what are the odds Ottawa will get a higher pick than #4. Ottawa could be the second-worst team in the league next year and wind up with the fifth overall pick? Colorado might be better off going with the sure pick as opposed to gambling on next year.
    Considering everything that's going on in Ottawa, that doesn't seem likely. At least not likely enough that they'd give up a 1st round pick for that. If Ottawa wants to save their Jack Hughes pick, they can give that 4th overall to Colorado. Nothing stopping them from doing that. Not sure Colorado would really want to pay much to make sure they get that #4 pick when they have a chance to get Jack Hughes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Real life: low for now
    Fantasy: buy low
    Just picked up Hoffman straight up for Nichushkin - Hoffman owners are jumpy
    Pool #1: 10 Team Keeper League,

Points only, 12F, 6D, 2G
    Protection: Any 22 + 2 prospects
    Result 19/20: 3rd

F: Stamkos, Tavares, Matthews, Marner, Hall, Bergeron, Gusev, Kopitar, W. Karlsson, Marschessault, B. Schenn, R. Smith, Mantha, Kubalik, Kaprizov
    D: Rielly, Krug, E. Karlsson, S. Jones, D. Toews, Giordano, Severson, Dobson
    P: Podkholzin, Holtz, N. Robertson, Lundell, Lehtonen, Perunovich
    G (W2, OTL1, SO3, G, A): Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky, Mrazek, Talbot

Pools #2 & 3: 31 team head to head dynasty leagues: full NHL replica where roster + farm =90 - fast becoming an expert in the MHL

Pool #4: Dobber Campbell Pro 2020

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Polecon View Post
    Just picked up Hoffman straight up for Nichushkin - Hoffman owners are jumpy
    LOL. Someone hasn't been watching Nich in the KHL...