Page 223 of 244 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    Recently his ice ice time has been dropping a lot . He hasn’t been worth his extension thus far
    This is a tough argument to use. In the last couple games, yes, he has skated fewer minutes; but so have Forsberg and Johansen. The Preds have spent more time on the PK over the last five games or so than they usually do (they took eight minor penalties the other night). This pretty clearly correlates to games where Turris plays fewer minutes. He's been skating about 1/4 of the ES minutes for Nashville since he got there, and it hasn't really fluctuated much at all. He's getting the same consistent PP minutes as well. I think it's a stretch to say his minutes have been reduced by anything other than chance, especially since they're directly in line with the rest of their 2nd line, and sitting exactly where you'd expect in relation to the top line.

I have a feeling you're arguing that Turris is not a quality 2C, where I think his stats and performance throughout his career have shown that that's exactly what he is. When he was in Ottawa, sure, he was miscast in a role as the #1 (or arguably 1A to Brassard's 1B). That doesn't mean he's not a fantastic piece for a team who can use him properly. Cap hit-wise, this year he's an absolute steal since he's still on his old deal. Once the new deal kicks in, it's pretty much exactly what you'd expect to pay a 2C in the league. With the cap increases that's pretty much the equivalent of the deal Brassard is coming off of, which at the time he signed it, was fair market value. So, if the cap keeps trending upwards, I feel that even Turris' 6x6 contract is going to look like solid value before long.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Stud

First off we don?t need any sympathy here. It?s a sports team. Secondly, not sure what you mean about the new arena. They have been given permission to build on the federal government land and now have around six months to secure financing . There aren?t many partners on the sens side so that will be fairly straightforward
    Sympathy ? LOL more like commiseration

clearly not a fan of Dale Carnegie are ya ?

enjoy the brooding mate
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Poor Mark Stone.. Karlsson will be traded, Duchene will leave, this team is in big trouble..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just saw a video posted on Twitter-

Danny Boy‏ @Figdbl

They took the guy's sign, then threw out another guys for complaining about it. #classy @Senators @MelnykEugene

So apparently a guy sitting in the front row had a sign saying "trade Melnyk not Karlsson". Ushers took his sign and then removed another fan who complained about them taking it, although apparently he was later allowed to go back to his seat after a talk with security.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Poor Mark Stone.. Karlsson will be traded, Duchene will leave, this team is in big trouble..
    I think you?ll see this off-season that the team will be just fine going forward. I think duchene will sign for sure, he has already indicated he wants to be here long term . Stone will be captain and will get a 7+ year contract. They still have a lot of core pieces to build around and I don?t think they are selling off any other core pieces .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackaces View Post
    Just saw a video posted on Twitter-

Danny Boy‏ @Figdbl

They took the guy's sign, then threw out another guys for complaining about it. #classy @Senators @MelnykEugene

So apparently a guy sitting in the front row had a sign saying "trade Melnyk not Karlsson". Ushers took his sign and then removed another fan who complained about them taking it, although apparently he was later allowed to go back to his seat after a talk with security.
    Im not a Melnyk fan but you can?t write anything you want on a sign. It?s a private business.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My pleasure. So at $3.5M, he's earning the reduced ice time for the time being. We can worry about whether he's earning his contract extension next year when it actually kicks in.
    That doesn?t make much sense. If somebody was extended and played the last year of their old deal terribly, then you definitely have to question whether it was worth it to extend them and have his price go up. I?m not saying turris is terrible. He?s a good player but I?m very glad he was moved as I didn?t want him at that contract, at all.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm still pissed the Sens let Chara walk....

I still think they keep Karlsson but if they were to trade him, they won't do it until they know what pick they get in the rookie draft.
    Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan19 View Post
    I'm still pissed the Sens let Chara walk....

I still think they keep Karlsson but if they were to trade him, they won't do it until they know what pick they get in the rookie draft.
    They chose Wade Redden over Zdeno Chara..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    They chose Wade Redden over Zdeno Chara..
    We're all aware.....

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you?ll see this off-season that the team will be just fine going forward. I think duchene will sign for sure, he has already indicated he wants to be here long term . Stone will be captain and will get a 7+ year contract. They still have a lot of core pieces to build around and I don?t think they are selling off any other core pieces .

- - - Updated - - -

Im not a Melnyk fan but you can?t write anything you want on a sign. It?s a private business.
    The arena was built with public funds... Freedom of speech much? Not really an obscene sign...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    We're all aware.....
    I'm not trying to be captain obvious here, just stating they made a decision and went with it..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

All the chicks had a crush on Redden so the team kept him.... One of the worst team moves in NHL history.
    Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Quote Originally Posted by sensfan19 View Post
    All the chicks had a crush on Redden so the team kept him.... One of the worst team moves in NHL history.
    It was a mistake that the coaches didn?t agree with. He was kept by muckler because he thought his style was perfect for the new nhl

The Great One

You seem to have an answer to every move the team makes.

Are you sure you're not connected with the team?

Is that you Dorion?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    You seem to have an answer to every move the team makes.

Are you sure you're not connected with the team?

Is that you Dorion?
    What do you mean? I?m just offering my opinions...the redden thing was common knowledge though. Bryan Murray wanted to keep him (he as head coach) but muckler went other direction and made a mistake