Page 221 of 244 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Bailey easily took a cut to stay. It's clearly an attempt to free up money for JT. Duchene isn't getting $9m. I mean, if he had a couple 70pt seasons in the last 4 years, perhaps you could begin to stretch it to 8.something. Duchene should sign somewhere between 6.5 and 7.5. I don't see there being a single 8 in his deal, years or dollars and def. not nine. he put up 70pts ONCE in 13/14 season and hasn't broken 60 since. Any GM that signs a $9m contract for that level of production on a 27yr old C needs to be fired immediately. Besides, if Melnyk won't pay Karlsson $9m. he ain't paying Duchene
    No way Karlsson would have even considered $9M. He was probably looking at something like $12M.

As previously said, just look at the contracts Draisaitl and Johansen got, and then remember the cap is going way up, and both those guys were RFAs whereas Duchene is an UFA. If Ottawa doesn't want to pay him, he's free to test the market and see what's out there. Guys like Draisaitl and Johansen didn't even have that option available for them. But the rising cap is something people seem to be ignoring - with $80M cap, $9M isn't as much as it used to be.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    No way Karlsson would have even considered $9M. He was probably looking at something like $12M.

As previously said, just look at the contracts Draisaitl and Johansen got, and then remember the cap is going way up, and both those guys were RFAs whereas Duchene is an UFA. If Ottawa doesn't want to pay him, he's free to test the market and see what's out there. Guys like Draisaitl and Johansen didn't even have that option available for them. But the rising cap is something people seem to be ignoring - with $80M cap, $9M isn't as much as it used to be.
    both guys much younger when signed, same as RNH in the next comment, and they all demonstrated high ceiling potential. Draisaitl just came off a 77pt season. Johansen was a year removed from his 71pt season and has had consecutive 60pt years... I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he gets 8m. I just don't see it. I don't see Duchene as being worth it.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

both guys much younger when signed, same as RNH in the next comment, and they all demonstrated high ceiling potential. Draisaitl just came off a 77pt season. Johansen was a year removed from his 71pt season and has had consecutive 60pt years... I'll be the first to admit I was wrong if he gets 8m. I just don't see it. I don't see Duchene as being worth it.
    Duchene is back to being the player he was back when he was focused and not distracted by all the trade rumors around him. If he keeps this up for another year, he'll be in high demand for sure. Duchene is a legit #1 center, and those guys don't usually hit the open market at age 28. There would be a long line behind his door trying to sign him if he gets to free agency.

I'm not saying he'll be worth it, just what I think the market will be like for him. There's nothing more valuable in the NHL than a legit #1 center. He could take about $1M less if he leaves Ottawa, though.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Duchene is back to being the player he was back when he was focused and not distracted by all the trade rumors around him. If he keeps this up for another year, he'll be in high demand for sure. Duchene is a legit #1 center, and those guys don't usually hit the open market at age 28. There would be a long line behind his door trying to sign him if he gets to free agency.

I'm not saying he'll be worth it, just what I think the market will be like for him. There's nothing more valuable in the NHL than a legit #1 center. He could take about $1M less if he leaves Ottawa, though.
    in the couple years prior to last.. he was a 55-60pt producing C. Just glad this overpayment won't be made by the team I cheer for.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

in the couple years prior to last.. he was a 55-60pt producing C. Just glad this overpayment won't be made by the team I cheer for.
    For four years before last season, his average was 67.4 points per 82 games. Besides, there's a lot more to being a #1 center in the NHL than just producing points.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Dorion- "we're re-building"

Melnyk- "we're re-financing"

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is Duchene worth 75% of McDavid? Is Duchene worth 3/4 of McDavid? Is Duchene worth 3 million less that McDavid? Arguments could be made for sure here.
    No, No and No.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    No, No and No.
    I agree. But will he get paid like he is? Probably.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

With the rebuild in full swing, will Matt Duchene want to stay?

Something isn't right with this team. Turris didn't want to re-sign and now looks like Karlsson is on his way out the door. I think it is a combo of Karlsson not liking the direction Ottawa is taking & Melnyk's mandate to save money, but whatever the reason why would Duchene want to stay?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by siwel View Post
    With the rebuild in full swing, will Matt Duchene want to stay?

Something isn't right with this team. Turris didn't want to re-sign and now looks like Karlsson is on his way out the door. I think it is a combo of Karlsson not liking the direction Ottawa is taking & Melnyk's mandate to save money, but whatever the reason why would Duchene want to stay?
    It wasn't Turris who didn't want to re-sign. The Senators didn't want to re-sign him.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It wasn't Turris who didn't want to re-sign. The Senators didn't want to re-sign him.
    This isn’t true . It’s both. He wanted too many years (was looking for seven from Ottawa) and the sens wanted a better player if they went long term. If he truly wanted to stay he would have took five years . He was looking for more security. He’s now earning 6 million for 6 years to play 14 minutes a night. Genius

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    This isn’t true . It’s both. He wanted too many years (was looking for seven from Ottawa) and the sens wanted a better player if they went long term. If he truly wanted to stay he would have took five years . He was looking for more security. He’s now earning 6 million for 6 years to play 14 minutes a night. Genius
    Why would he take less years on his contract? If he didn't want to stay he wouldnt have tried to negotiate. He clearly wanted to stay and Ottawa clearly didn't want to pay him.

And yes, he could very well be a genius. He got the contract he wanted and in a much better position to win a Stanley Cup.

Why would he take less years on his contract? If he didn't want to stay he wouldnt have tried to negotiate. He clearly wanted to stay and Ottawa clearly didn't want to pay him.

And yes, he could very well be a genius. He got the contract he wanted and in a much better position to win a Stanley Cup.
    He barely negotiated. Trust me, he didn’t really want to stay. He knew from the summer he wasn’t going to be a sen. he made up his mind then. You have to be in the city to understand. Lots of connections here

Regardless . That was then this is now and I’m happy we have a better player in his place.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    He barely negotiated. Trust me, he didn’t really want to stay. He knew from the summer he wasn’t going to be a sen. he made up his mind then.

Regardless . That was then this is now and I’m happy we have a better player in his place.

Why would I trust you. I dont know you.

Why would I trust you. I dont know you.
    That’s fine. Novody knows anybody on here . I’m just saying when you’re in Ottawa it’s easier to know what actually went down .