Page 189 of 244 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 199 239 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3660

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

FWIW, I think the Sens are a better team with Brassard than Zibanejad. While I won't put a number on Brassard's points yet (only on Chicago on my predictions), I think he was a fine addition to this team.

I'm interested to see what the coaching change will have on this team. There is definitely playoff potential here, but like several teams, a key injury (I really hope Stone's concussion isn't too serious) or two and they don't have enough depth for the long haul.

Dobber Sports Stud

No matter how you frame it or how you try to sugarcoat it, Bishop for Conacher is an AWFUL trade.

Yes Bishop might have been the 3rd goalie in the organization, but he was a coveted asset and several teams were in need of a goalie and chasing him.
    The Sens got fleeced by thinking that Conacher was for real after he put up a couple of points with Stamkos and MSL.
    It might be easy to write this in hindsight, but it doesn't change the reality: trading a Vezina finalist goalie for a minor-leaguer is just brutal.

I'll trade you my shiny new Chevrolet I just got for your 3rd Porsche everyday of the week.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    No matter how you frame it or how you try to sugarcoat it, Bishop for Conacher is an AWFUL trade.

Yes Bishop might have been the 3rd goalie in the organization, but he was a coveted asset and several teams were in need of a goalie and chasing him.
    The Sens got fleeced by thinking that Conacher was for real after he put up a couple of points with Stamkos and MSL.
    It might be easy to write this in hindsight, but it doesn't change the reality: trading a Vezina finalist goalie for a minor-leaguer is just brutal.

I'll trade you my shiny new Chevrolet I just got for your 3rd Porsche everyday of the week.
    Nobody thought he'd be a vexina finalist, zero people. He's still not at that level IMO. Again he plays on a very strong teaM.

It doesn't matter what Ottawa got for him. Coma her was the best option at the time, and most people loved the trade at the time. Whether or not he worked out is irrelevant to me because bishop was not going to start here.

People just don't understand the value of goalies. You have one goalie playing on your team at a time.

Bad return, yes. Bad trade, not at all. The other option was to trade bishop for Ryan Jones or just picks.

I bet if you look at every goalie trade in the league, where a goalie does well for the other team, the return the trading team got wasn't good.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You're missing something very huge here... not surprising in the least with the Sens are the only great team blinders on. Patrice Bergeron has broken 70pts twice and gone over 60 6 times... Brassard??? Sedin may not have been on a 60pt pace last season, but he has scored 112, over 80 - 5 times and 70 8 times. Those are more elite numbers...

While Bergeron may not have the offensive stats as some of those others I listed, he's elite in every sense of the word hockey player. He and Toews play a 200ft game that Brassard would fall down from dizziness trying to understand. Numbers and play of #1C's

Brassard is not a top 30 C, That's a much bigger joke than when you said Turris was - he slips in closer to 27/28 - so I gave you that. Even if Brassard does score top 30 for C's (which he won't - he doesn't have the line mates to get to 60 Zack Smith?), enjoy #30.

I'd love to have seen your opinion on Brassard PRE-TRADE. Guaranteed you do not make the same statement about him being a top 30 C. Hell, Kadri and Matthews will out point him this year. Guess that'll mean Kadri's a top 30 C too eh? Kadri 58; Brassard 53 BOOK IT.

Big Ev... just stay down:

You're cherry picking point totals. You said brassard can't produce like some of those guys, and I provided you with seasons where they produced like brassard. Who's to say brassard doesn't have a sedin like year where he rocketed up in points? I'd rather have Bergeron for sure, but you were simply talking about offense and some of the guys you mentioned, like Bergeron, don't score elite numbers every single year.

Brassard is absolutely a top 30 centre in the league, and he will be in the top 30 in points for centres. He's already showing great chemistry with a very good winger in bobby Ryan. Yeah, shit linemate I guess.

Kadri and Matthews will not out score brassard, but yes I would say Kadri is a top 30 or close to it. I have been a brassard fan for a while, given he's from Ottawa. I loved him in fantasy pre trade and I love him even more now.

If you think brassard will score 53, you just don't have a clue about anything. I wish trolls who don't know what they're talking about would just shut the **** up.

Brassard will get over 60 without question. He gets a lot of ppp and he just joined a pp with karlsson and stone.

- - - Updated - - -

You're missing something very huge here... not surprising in the least with the Sens are the only great team blinders on. Patrice Bergeron has broken 70pts twice and gone over 60 6 times... Brassard??? Sedin may not have been on a 60pt pace last season, but he has scored 112, over 80 - 5 times and 70 8 times. Those are more elite numbers...

While Bergeron may not have the offensive stats as some of those others I listed, he's elite in every sense of the word hockey player. He and Toews play a 200ft game that Brassard would fall down from dizziness trying to understand. Numbers and play of #1C's

Brassard is not a top 30 C, That's a much bigger joke than when you said Turris was - he slips in closer to 27/28 - so I gave you that. Even if Brassard does score top 30 for C's (which he won't - he doesn't have the line mates to get to 60 Zack Smith?), enjoy #30.

I'd love to have seen your opinion on Brassard PRE-TRADE. Guaranteed you do not make the same statement about him being a top 30 C. Hell, Kadri and Matthews will out point him this year. Guess that'll mean Kadri's a top 30 C too eh? Kadri 58; Brassard 53 BOOK IT.

Big Ev... just stay down:

You're cherry picking point totals. You said brassard can't produce like some of those guys, and I provided you with seasons where they produced like brassard. Who's to say brassard doesn't have a sedin like year where he rocketed up in points? I'd rather have Bergeron for sure, but you were simply talking about offense and some of the guys you mentioned, like Bergeron, don't score elite numbers every single year.

Brassard is absolutely a top 30 centre in the league, and he will be in the top 30 in points for centres. He's already showing great chemistry with a very good winger in bobby Ryan. Yeah, shit linemate I guess.

Kadri and Matthews will not out score brassard, but yes I would say Kadri is a top 30 or close to it. I have been a brassard fan for a while, given he's from Ottawa. I loved him in fantasy pre trade and I love him even more now.

If you think brassard will score 53, you just don't have a clue about anything. I wish trolls who don't know what they're talking about would just shut the **** up.

Brassard will get over 60 without question. He gets a lot of ppp and he just joined a pp with karlsson and stone.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    FWIW, I think the Sens are a better team with Brassard than Zibanejad. While I won't put a number on Brassard's points yet (only on Chicago on my predictions), I think he was a fine addition to this team.

I'm interested to see what the coaching change will have on this team. There is definitely playoff potential here, but like several teams, a key injury (I really hope Stone's concussion isn't too serious) or two and they don't have enough depth for the long haul.
    Brassard absolutely makes the sens better. He makes players better, zibanejad did not. He has far more passion and cares abut hockey, zibanejad does not. He cares about djing and soccer.

Stone is fine by the way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Regardless of who is the number 1 centre or goalie and who is the defensive fwd..it's gonna be a looong season for us Sens fans.

I didn't see much if any improvement over last year's squad.
    Can't disagree more, respect your take though. they improved in coaching by a mile, they have a full season of Phaneuf, a healthy Turris, and now brassard to carry the second line and be a big boost to special teams. They turfed some dead weight and brought in high character people to lead.

If the sens had better coaching and special teams, they would have made he playoffs last year.

I think the sens will be in the playoffs all season. I don't see this being a long season at all.

we finally have a legit one two punch at centre and a great top 4 D.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post

- - - Updated - - -

One difference. They all had 70+ seasons before turning 26. Brassard is 29... He's not getting better. Comparing him to 35 year old Sedin isn't on the same level either.. Comparing him to Sedin at 29 - that makes sense.

Kadri is not a top 30C. He thinks he is, but he's not.

Bobby Ryan hasn't come close to producing like he did in Anh. he's good, but he's not great. From a fantasy perspective, I'd want him as a reserve player, not my #1 or #2 starting RW. I'll stand by my 53pt projection (TSN Projects him at 55)..

no props for the photo? I thought me-self pretty clever
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Bishop for Corry Conacher was a bad trade.

BAD TRADE.

Bishop is a better goalie than Anderson. He uses his size now to his advantage, where before he was trying to play deep in his net and play to a “typical goalie size” style. Now he’s aggressive in his movements, he increased his lateral speed to make up for his aggressive play.

Fundamentally better is like saying a Mario Andretti driving a Fiat would beat me driving a GTR in a 1/4mile race if he was driving a GTR. Ok, but he’s not. So what if Bishop is “just a big goalie”? Dude stops pucks, and wins games. Bishops biggest knock is injuries, and it’s not like Anderson is the healthiest goalie on the planet.
    You saying bishop is better is irrelevant to me because you can't prove anything other than the stats, which is skewed by teams. You're just using buzz words like lateral speed. I don't wanna hear it. Neither you or I can really prove who's better. All I'm saying is, wait til bishop goes to a team like Dallas where he is hung out to dry. Anderson has had to face the most shots in the league in the last three years or whatever, and he's had fantastic seasons and playoffs. They're similar goalies to me, but I don't think bishop will have the same success at Andersons age

Dobber Sports Stud

It doesn't matter what Ottawa got for him. Coma her was the best option at the time, and most people loved the trade at the time. Whether or not he worked out is irrelevant to me because bishop was not going to start here.
    Read that statement again.
    Listen, you have your opinion and I got mine... but you're spinning this like a Ottawa Sens PR right now.

Banned

One difference. They all had 70+ seasons before turning 26. Brassard is 29... He's not getting better. Comparing him to 35 year old Sedin isn't on the same level either.. Comparing him to Sedin at 29 - that makes sense.

Kadri is not a top 30C. He thinks he is, but he's not.

Bobby Ryan hasn't come close to producing like he did in Anh. he's good, but he's not great. From a fantasy perspective, I'd want him as a reserve player, not my #1 or #2 starting RW. I'll stand by my 53pt projection (TSN Projects him at 55)..

no props for the photo? I thought me-self pretty clever
    Lol just noticed it was iron sheik. Props dude.

I don't care what tsn projects for anything.

Brassard is getting better, he just had the most goals he's ever scored. I think he'll be a guy who ages very well due to his style.

Brassard easily, easily clears 60 playing with Ryan and a PP with karlsson, stone, Turris, Hoffman, Ryan, etc

The Great One

Ottawa making the playoffs will depend on health and how the new coaches perform.

If I were a betting man Id bet they make the playoffs.

I'd also bet they don't get past round 2. They aren't deep enough at all positions.

But, just get to the dance and anything can happen.

Banned

Read that statement again.
    Listen, you have your opinion and I got mine... but you're spinning this like a Ottawa Sens PR right now.
    I read it thanks. But you still aren't clueing in that they would have gotten nothing for bishop anyway.

It's not my opinion.

Dobber Sports Stud

But you still aren't clueing in that they would have gotten nothing for bishop anyway.
    I understand that perfectly, it's not easy to get something meaningful when other GMs know you are cornered with 3 valuable goalies.
    Conacher might have been a sexy name at the time, but 4 years later this trade is not even close and that's what we're talking about here.
    The question is: who got the upper hand? Not "who managed to do a trade that isn't that bad considering the circumstances?".

Banned

I understand that perfectly, it's not easy to get something meaningful when other GMs know you are cornered with 3 valuable goalies.
    Conacher might have been a sexy name at the time, but 4 years later this trade is not even close and that's what we're talking about here.
    The question is: who got the upper hand? Not "who managed to do a trade that isn't that bad considering the circumstances?".
    But you don't need a winner or loser in every trade. And bishop was going to be a free agent. Watch, Tampa will get nothing when they trade him as well.

Nobody bats an eye when rental players are traded for nothing at the deadline. That's basically what bishop was as far as Ottawa was concerned. He was a player they had to move out.

Also the pick the sens got in the deal was eventually traded for Phaneuf. Which helps the team.

Dobber Sports Titan

I use the eye test I guess, and your eye test is through fan-goggles.

If you have such a good top 4 D this yr then Anderson should have Bishop like numbers?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll