Page 227 of 244 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    That?s not correct . The team did not know about it all season. They have been trying to trade him for the last five month or so. There is nothing that falls in their feet in this situation. This is a matter where all the blame is all on the Hoffman?s (if true). Karlsson will not demand a trade, and they will not be moving from Ottawa as confirmed by him at the season end

Hoffman will be traded, karlsson will still be here, and that?s that
    If all the players wives were aware of it for months, I find it hard to believe management was not aware, at least on a peripheral level. If they weren't, then they should have been. One would think all teams would be following all player and partners twitter accounts looking for privacy breaches/leaks at the very least. The fact this was going on since late 2017 & there was a confrontation between EK & Hoffman in the parking lot during the season just leads me to believe the Sens WERE aware of it, but did not address it or take it seriously. They're really making a case for themselves to be labeled the worst run franchise in the NHL.

I'm not trying to troll, but man, this team has turned into a cluster---- very quickly.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If all the players wives were aware of it for months, I find it hard to believe management was not aware, at least on a peripheral level. If they weren't, then they should have been. One would think all teams would be following all player and partners twitter accounts looking for privacy breaches/leaks at the very least. The fact this was going on since late 2017 & there was a confrontation between EK & Hoffman in the parking lot during the season just leads me to believe the Sens WERE aware of it, but did not address it or take it seriously. They're really making a case for themselves to be labeled the worst run franchise in the NHL.

I'm not trying to troll, but man, this team has turned into a cluster---- very quickly.
    Is there a link or article about this confrontation?? I wanna read it!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Is there a link or article about this confrontation?? I wanna read it!
    http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/n...-hoffman-story

There's no details about the confrontation - The Ott citizen article originally had this paragraph as well, but in all the updates as info emerges and they continue to update the same story, that paragraph has been removed

Administrator

When did the parking lot confrontation happen and if it was as known as it seems to be based on the wording why was it first reported today?

As I stated in the other thread I'm just trying to separate fact from speculation here.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

The team knew about it. Apparently they've been going back and forth with Hoffman's agency since the start of the year trying to get to the bottom of it.

I don't understand why it takes so long. The 76'ers figured out it was Colangelo's wife in just over a week. I'm shocked the Sens didn't just hire an investigator to get to the bottom of this... now the damage is done.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The team knew about it. Apparently they've been going back and forth with Hoffman's agency since the start of the year trying to get to the bottom of it.

I don't understand why it takes so long. The 76'ers figured out it was Colangelo's wife in just over a week. I'm shocked the Sens didn't just hire an investigator to get to the bottom of this... now the damage is done.
    That is correct. The team did indeed know about this for quite a long time as there was a public incident that happened during their Swedish trip to kick-off the year. The jealousy has been there for years, but the cyber-bullying and harassment was known since the start of the season.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    When did the parking lot confrontation happen and if it was as known as it seems to be based on the wording why was it first reported today?

As I stated in the other thread I'm just trying to separate fact from speculation here.
    it was in the article from yesterday in the Citizen, but every time I access that article (the orginal posted article) - it's been altered/edited/added to - so that paragraph has been removed for whatever reason.

Dobber Sports Ace

Millard said something interesting on hockeycentral today; he was talking about some conversations he'd had with current players about this over the last day or so, and the general sentiment was "we don't want him in our room," with someone even saying Hoffman needed to dump her to gain team mates trust back.

Not that it means anything regarding truth vs speculation, but those sound like some pretty strong sentiments. Definitely doesn't seem like something that's going to go away quickly or quietly for Ottawa, and definitely not for Hoffman.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    That is correct. The team did indeed know about this for quite a long time as there was a public incident that happened during their Swedish trip to kick-off the year. The jealousy has been there for years, but the cyber-bullying and harassment was known since the start of the season.
    You gotta figure this was one of the drivers in them trying to deal him over the last six months.

IF this is true, Hoffman's gotta be the biggest idiot in the world for destroying his hockey career to protect someone that crazy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Ottawa is going to trade Hoffman for peanuts.. or a peanut. Wonder now if Melnyk will take an add out stating the sale of the Sens has been discounted $250 000 000

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quite frankly it's a slap in EK's face that the organization didn't come down hard on this much sooner. A star of his stature should not have to resort to parking lot confrontations to have this handled.

I'd be out the door if I were EK... you need to protect your franchise player.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Quite frankly it's a slap in EK's face that the organization didn't come down hard on this much sooner. A star of his stature should not have to resort to parking lot confrontations to have this handled.
    Agreed. And he also shouldn’t have to wait to take matters into his own hands both publicly and criminally after suffering deep personal tragedy.

In saying that, I still believe he will remain a Senator.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Padawan

What do you guys think Hoffmans value is right now ? I know it's low .. but how low are we talking here

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    What do you guys think Hoffmans value is right now ? I know it's low .. but how low are we talking here
    Real life: low for now
    Fantasy: buy low

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyKing View Post
    What comes to mind when you ask Hoffman's value I think of Moneyball and Beane's explanation of 'The Problem'.

There are high valued players...

Then there are low value players...

Then there is 50 feet of crap....

Then there is Mike Hoffman's Value

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​