Page 219 of 244 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3655

Thread: Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Ottawa Senators

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Duchene isn't signing in Ottawa lol

No UFA is going to sign there unless they aren't wanted anywhere else.
    Agree. Until a new owner and arena is in place, no one wants to go there. I have to say that I have the utmost respect for what Brian Murray was able to achieve/tolerate there for so many years under that douche-nozzle of an owner.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Simply not true at all. Ottawa isn?t attractive for true UFAs on July 1 but they consistently sign players they trade for. The player gets to experience the city and organization for a good amount of time. Everyone said the same thing about bobby Ryan but he ended up signing and definitely left money on the table from other teams. There isn?t any reason to think Duchene would not sign here. He?s a very family oriented guy and was pumped to be back in his home province. The sens will pay him well and give him opportunity not many other teams with cap room can. I am extremely confident he will sign this summer, and I have already heard from sources that this is his preference. He?s been a perfect fit in Ottawa and he won?t uproot himself again

Quote Originally Posted by Taco97 View Post
    Agree. Until a new owner and arena is in place, no one wants to go there. I have to say that I have the utmost respect for what Brian Murray was able to achieve/tolerate there for so many years under that douche-nozzle of an owner.
    The owner doesn?t matter as much as people think as far as players go. If that was the case nobody would have signed here in the past five years or even decade. Nothing Melnyk is doing now is any different than it was then. Players are not connected to ownership , they barely interact with them ever. If a player is offered a fair deal that?s what they care about first and foremost

As far as the arena that is not an issue. Everyone knows it?s as good as a done deal. It isn?t just Melnyk in this, he has multiple partners .

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL! Not only do you not know much about hockey, you dont know the infraction policy very well either.

Let me share a link to it so you can get more acquainted with it. Feel free to report it if you feel you've been slighted. I'm pretty sure we've let you off with worse offenses in your short time here.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...raction-Policy
    wow this is completely disgusting behaviour from a mod towards a user. You issue me an infraction for saying somebody was a dick because I was insulted , yet you can insult me willy nilly and say I don?t have any hockey knowledge? And you get away with it because your a mod. That?s cowardice and not right

Dobber Sports Deity

I gave you a warning for calling someone a d!ck, not an infraction. There's a difference there. There's also a big difference in calling someone an insulting name and someone simply saying you dont know anything about hockey. Thats not really an insult.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    The owner doesn?t matter as much as people think as far as players go. If that was the case nobody would have signed here in the past five years or even decade. Nothing Melnyk is doing now is any different than it was then. Players are not connected to ownership , they barely interact with them ever. If a player is offered a fair deal that?s what they care about first and foremost

As far as the arena that is not an issue. Everyone knows it?s as good as a done deal. It isn?t just Melnyk in this, he has multiple partners .
    The owner matters for anyone that wants a chance to win, because everyone knows Melnyuk is cheap as shite, so their hockey ops are understaffed, and he will never spend to the cap - they are a budget team. This is why Karlsson has been orchestrating his exit - Melnyuk won't pay him what he is worth/deserves, and won't spend to the cap to surround him with a quality team.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by reggiebarnes View Post
    wow this is completely disgusting behaviour from a mod towards a user. You issue me an infraction for saying somebody was a dick because I was insulted , yet you can insult me willy nilly and say I don?t have any hockey knowledge? And you get away with it because your a mod. That?s cowardice and not right
    Maybe it's like the NHL's stance on repeat offenders. Since this is like your 5th account, you're basically on thin ice?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Of course he will. No way Ottawa lets him walk after the price they paid to acquire him.

They'll overpay like they did with Ryan, because they can't afford to let a legit talent like him leave for free.

He'll get the full 8 years, 6-7M easily.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Maybe it's like the NHL's stance on repeat offenders. Since this is like your 5th account, you're basically on thin ice?
    This made me LOL. Guess I'm not the only one under the impression this new Sens homer was a former Sens homer reborn around these parts!
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    Of course he will. No way Ottawa lets him walk after the price they paid to acquire him.

They'll overpay like they did with Ryan, because they can't afford to let a legit talent like him leave for free.

He'll get the full 8 years, 6-7M easily.
    That would be a bargain. No way Duchene takes that little when they gave Ryan $7.25M when the cap was lower, and Ryan was never as good as Duchene is. I think the Johansen deal ($8M for 8 years) is his floor, and they probably need to add a lot to it. $9M for 8 years wouldn't shock me if he signs with the Senators.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That would be a bargain. No way Duchene takes that little when they gave Ryan $7.25M when the cap was lower, and Ryan was never as good as Duchene is. I think the Johansen deal ($8M for 8 years) is his floor, and they probably need to add a lot to it. $9M for 8 years wouldn't shock me if he signs with the Senators.
    Exactly.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's no way Duchene is getting $9M for 8 years LOL

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    There's no way Duchene is getting $9M for 8 years LOL
    I won't be surprised if he doesn't get 8+M from someone. It won't be Ottawa but Duchene will be looking at RyJo and Draisaitl for comparison. Personally I don't think he's worth more than $6M hes making now but in a years time when he's a UFA, someone's gonna overpay this kid.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I won't be surprised if he doesn't get 8+M from someone. It won't be Ottawa but Duchene will be looking at RyJo and Draisaitl for comparison. Personally I don't think he's worth more than $6M hes making now but in a years time when he's a UFA, someone's gonna overpay this kid.
    Yup. And the rising cap is a big factor as well. Johansen's $8M with $75M cap equals to about $8.5M with $80M cap. Draisaitl's $8.5M equals to about $9M.

Johansen and Draisaitl were probably worth about $6M as well but that seems to be the going rate for centers, and those two were RFAs whereas Duchene is UFA, so he has really no reason to take less than what they got.

The Great One

Duchene is not signing in Ottawa unless they grossly overpay. Welcom to Ottawa